Jess Redden #4 looks like the Grinch, will lose her mind if her waist gains an inch...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean I don't think he's alone as a high achieving sports person to feel that way about his wedding day. There's plenty of athletes out there professional and amateur who would say the same wether it be playing for your country, county or even club. Could he have worded if better? Definitely but I don't think Jess would be surprised or shocked that he feels that way.

Reactions: 2
Probably one of the most brutal unself aware headlines I've ever read.

Think it, but maybe don't say it...? I'm sure that must be quite hurtful to her when she sits in a moment of solitude and thinks about the comment.

Reactions: 10
Why not speak about personal highs and sporting highs but keep them separate, no one would ask him to rank them against each other.

Reactions: 6
No need to say that, just sounded so dismissive of her.

I had no interest in having a wedding. Husband really wanted it. I wanted to get married just not into the fuss. We had a kind of small one as a compromise. Was it the best day of either of our lives? No, but we both had a great day and were delighted that all our friends and family came to celebrate and really appreciated them for it. It was also a huge milestone in our relationship which we were proud to achieve together.

Regardless of his feelings on their wedding day, his comparison was unnecessary and sounded cold as duck. Very poorly worded. Sounds like, the main thing is he has his sporting accomplishments, his son and heir and Jess can take a hike.

Reactions: 11
What a prick. Even if he thinks it why would he say it publicly knowing it’s humiliating for her?

Reactions: 18
What a prick. Even if he thinks it why would he say it publicly knowing it’s humiliating for her?
That’s exactly it! Don’t say it out loud in a public interview for thousands of people to read! Putting it out there to be critiqued and judged by strangers! It’s so disrespectful to his wife, almost sounds like he couldn’t care less about his marriage, he’s had far better experiences! They were talking about it on Ireland am this morning aswell.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
That’s exactly it! Don’t say it out loud in a public interview for thousands of people to read! Putting it out there to be critiqued and judged by strangers! It’s so disrespectful to his wife, almost sounds like he couldn’t care less about his marriage, he’s had far better experiences! They were talking about it on Ireland am this morning aswell.
It’s absolutely disgusting for him to do this to her. That’s exactly what it sounds like. If he says this in public what’s he saying behind closed doors? I’m starting to wonder why she is always so anxious & struggles with her food

That’s a bit of a stretch. Come on. I could imagine my husband saying to same to be honest, some people just don’t enjoy the day and the fanfare etc. certainly for me it pales in comparison to the birth of our children and other achievements, if someone asked me to list the best days of my life it would be way down the list. Our enjoyment of our wedding day doesn’t reflect our commitment to our marriage and to each other, how can it?
Sure a poor choice of words given how social media works and the appetite for hysteria etc but I wouldn’t crucify him over it.

Just adding a different opinion 🤷🏼‍♀️
But if he wasnt going to count it as one of the best days of his life why did he bother even asking her to marry him? Like I get it he's played so many important games but at the end of the day he retires and in 10 years people wont remember who he is, the new younger players will be the ones that are spoken about and on the telly and he will have Jess and the baby at home

That's some weird negging behaviour.

'best day of her life, no doubt. me? can barely remember it, mate. nothing special'

• Haha
Reactions: 23
He's like "well I've achieved so much more in my life, so the wedding day just didn't make the front page for me, but Jess has duck all else to look forward to so it was the best day of her life!"

Probably kinda true but why bleeping say it 🙈

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
But if he wasnt going to count it as one of the best days of his life why did he bother even asking her to marry him? Like I get it he's played so many important games but at the end of the day he retires and in 10 years people wont remember who he is, the new younger players will be the ones that are spoken about and on the telly and he will have Jess and the baby at home
I’m not sure I understand? You think the wedding makes the marriage?
Maybe I shouldn’t have gotten married by that way of thinking? You’re confusing a single day with his feelings on an entire marriage, is it something we’re supposed to say to prove our love to each other - if so I’ve been doing it wrong! Maybe it’s because I’m 13 years into a marriage and rarely think about the day anymore but believe me, one fabulous day is the absolute tip of the ice berg - him counting it as the best day of his life or otherwise wouldn’t sustain me. Plus the amount of “best days of my life” that have ended in separation I’ve seen might make me a bit cynical about the whole thing. My wedding day was the beginning of the best days of my life that continue to happen. It being the best day?? Not in my opinion (thoroughly enjoyed it!). I just don’t hold that much weight with it and knowing the way the media works I’d imagine it could have been taken out of context for the sensationalism. My husband is no international rugby star but if I heard him being quoted as saying the same I’d laugh, honestly 🤣

Reactions: 4

Maybe I shouldn’t have gotten married by that way of thinking? You’re confusing a single day with his feelings on an entire marriage, is it something we’re supposed to say to prove our love to each other - if so I’ve been doing it wrong! Maybe it’s because I’m 13 years into a marriage and rarely think about the day anymore but believe me, one fabulous day is the absolute tip of the ice berg - him counting it as the best day of his life or otherwise wouldn’t sustain me. Plus the amount of “best days of my life” that have ended in separation I’ve seen might make me a bit cynical about the whole thing. My wedding day was the beginning of the best days of my life that continue to happen. It being the best day?? Not in my opinion (thoroughly enjoyed it!). I just don’t hold that much weight with it and knowing the way the media works I’d imagine it could have been taken out of context for the sensationalism. My husband is no international rugby star but if I heard him being quoted as saying the same I’d laugh, honestly 🤣
No not at all jesus if the wedding made the marriage there'd be no such thing as divorce. Like he mentions Jess and says that to her nothing will come close to her wedding day and to him its not even top 10, like id just feel so insulted that the day they celebrated the love they have for each other and what should be the day you bind yourself to your life partner (which obviously unfortunately isnt always the case and that happens) wouldnt be in the top 10 days of his life, like he sounds like he is completely disregarding the fact they got married so to me why bother asking her and having a day if thats the case? Maybe my point isnt making sense apologies i blame the baby brain 🤣

Reactions: 6
No not at all jesus if the wedding made the marriage there'd be no such thing as divorce. Like he mentions Jess and says that to her nothing will come close to her wedding day and to him its not even top 10, like id just feel so insulted that the day they celebrated the love they have for each other and what should be the day you bind yourself to your life partner (which obviously unfortunately isnt always the case and that happens) wouldnt be in the top 10 days of his life, like he sounds like he is completely disregarding the fact they got married so to me why bother asking her and having a day if thats the case? Maybe my point isnt making sense apologies i blame the baby brain 🤣
I do get what you’re saying but to me context is missing. I don’t feel the same way about Kearney that others on this thread clearly do, any interview I’ve seen him in I’ve found he has a very dry sense of humour, Doireann Garrihy podcast for example, which others just don’t get but I’d be similar to him (which I’m sure Jess is well aware of!) so assuming this quality I’m making assumptions around his intentions when he said it. I think the independent is a rag aswell to be honest so don’t trust their angle. If he had said “my wedding day, top regret of my life” or “my marriage, 10 of the worst decisions of my life” that would be different for me but I literally think he’s talking about the actual day which was lovely but it’s the rest of life that does it for him. I dunno. Sure look I strongly suspect himself and Jess are laughing about it 🤣

Reactions: 2

Yeah that’s fair enough to say and I agree with what you’re saying! I just think it was very stupid comment to make when you’re a public figure. He’s putting it out there into the world for everyone to hear and inviting judgement and comments unnecessarily.
And the fact he’s saying that Jess said it was the best day of her life and he wouldn’t even rate it top 10 just seems a bit disrespectful and thoughtless.

Yeah that’s fair enough to say and I agree with what you’re saying! I just think it was very stupid comment to make when you’re a public figure. He’s putting it out there into the world for everyone to hear and inviting judgement and comments unnecessarily.
And the fact he’s saying that Jess said it was the best day of her life and he wouldn’t even rate it top 10 just seems a bit disrespectful and thoughtless.
From what I gather I think he literally doesn’t give a toss what the general public think (I commend him, don’t know how anyone in the public eye who does copes!!). I don’t think he’ll even read the comments let alone lose sleep over it and given they’ve made their relationship work I’d say she’s ok with it.

He could have said Jess is the absolute love of my life and having her as my wife is amazing but my wedding day ...blah blah

From what I gather I think he literally doesn’t give a toss what the general public think (I commend him, don’t know how anyone in the public eye who does copes!!). I don’t think he’ll even read the comments let alone lose sleep over it and given they’ve made their relationship work I’d say she’s ok with it.
I’d put money on it Jess reads every comment! And she hasn’t posted all day so I’d say she’s feeling some kind of way about!

Reactions: 9
I’d put money on it Jess reads every comment! And she hasn’t posted all day so I’d say she’s feeling some kind of way about!
I’m sure it’s doing the rounds on their family WhatsApps but can’t believe she’s having a nervous breakdown over it personally 🤷🏼‍♀️ that Doireann Garrihy podcast gave a good insight into their relationship to be honest, he shares practically zero about it on social media so you wouldn’t know.
Anyway I’m in the minority here so don’t want to go round in circles but whenever I read anything put out by the media I engage a bit of critical thinking (I’m no conspiracy theorist btw 🤣)

Reactions: 5
I’m sure it’s doing the rounds on their family WhatsApps but can’t believe she’s having a nervous breakdown over it personally 🤷🏼‍♀️ that Doireann Garrihy podcast gave a good insight into their relationship to be honest, he shares practically zero about it on social media so you wouldn’t know.
Anyway I’m in the minority here so don’t want to go round in circles but whenever I read anything put out by the media I engage a bit of critical thinking (I’m no conspiracy theorist btw 🤣)
It’s pretty much as noted in the media if you listen to the podcast. He brings it up, it’s a bit of a shame as he does go on to speak about how much he loves being a Father.

I think I’m more surprised that someone lasted a full episode of a Doireann Garrihy podcast 🤭

• Haha