Jess Redden #4 looks like the Grinch, will lose her mind if her waist gains an inch...

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not saying for a second that all women should be in the gym everyday in preparation for birth. I certainly wasn’t when I was pregnant with my own three! 😂 Far from it. But I don’t see the harm in someone preparing for birth by keeping fit (although she does seems to over do it), doing yoga, mindfulness etc. And keeping a positive mental attitude about labour, birth, breastfeeding etc. Of course I know that birth plans can go out the window! But, I’m so tired of women being terrified of giving birth. And comments like “vagina ripping apart” do not help.
Yes, more awareness is needed in relation to birth trauma. It’s something I’m passionate about. And I would never, ever make a women feel anything less than a bleeping super-hero after giving birth, no matter how she did it or how her vagina looks afterwards! But I hate the narrative that childbirth is this awful, scary, horrific thing. Because it isn’t always.
I get that but It also isn’t always amazing. And more Often than not the crowd going “it was an amazing experience so magical” is what’s talked about and even seen Online, and not just with influencers but even with friends etc. everyone’s experience is different but I think a lot of women including influencers get pregnant and assume it’ll be all hunky dory because nobody really prepares you for the bad it’s just not talked about or discussed even at midwife apps :(
Take Redden for example she will more than likely use the child once their born for more free stuff and to gain a new set of followers. She’ll become a “bounce back mummy” she won’t show the bad times and she Doesn’t have to. But she will have an air of “im better than any other mother that’s ever existed” about her. Just like she did during her pregnancy. She will be that mum online that new mothers (some with pnd) will see and think god I’m not cut out to do this or I’ve really let myself go.
It’s all toxic.
I think the OP meant it would kick her in to reality if she did tear because she wont be running back to the gym in a hurry.

Reactions: 6
I get that but It also isn’t always amazing. And more Often than not the crowd going “it was an amazing experience so magical” is what’s talked about and even seen Online, and not just with influencers but even with friends etc. everyone’s experience is different but I think a lot of women including influencers get pregnant and assume it’ll be all hunky dory because nobody really prepares you for the bad it’s just not talked about or discussed even at midwife apps :(
Take Redden for example she will more than likely use the child once their born for more free stuff and to gain a new set of followers. She’ll become a “bounce back mummy” she won’t show the bad times and she Doesn’t have to. But she will have an air of “im better than any other mother that’s ever existed” about her. Just like she did during her pregnancy. She will be that mum online that new mothers (some with pnd) will see and think god I’m not cut out to do this or I’ve really let myself go.
It’s all toxic.
I think the OP meant it would kick her in to reality if she did tear because she wont be running back to the gym in a hurry.
I actually think the positive birth stories are rarely talked about publicly, and it is more the “horror” traumatic stories that are shared. Leaving expectant women feeling terrified about the whole experience.
I don’t know the answer to be honest. I get what you’re saying about preparing women, but scaring them isn’t the answer either.

Reactions: 4
I actually think the positive birth stories are rarely talked about publicly, and it is more the “horror” traumatic stories that are shared. Leaving expectant women feeling terrified about the whole experience.
I don’t know the answer to be honest. I get what you’re saying about preparing women, but scaring them isn’t the answer either.
i think it’s more helpful sharing info/doing your research before and during pregnancy to know what to potentially expect. I think that’s the main point here. Life isn’t always rosy.

People like redden could have a horrible time during pregnancy/birth but pretend online eveything is great then she comes on with her pharmacy and pregnancy “advice and tips” too it’s just dangerous. Not to mention doing weights and all At the gym 🙃
She is one of the brigade of everything is wonderful- the toxic positivity is damaging to her followers. Mothers to be/new mothers will compare themselves to her. People like her with a platform regardless of pregnancy should cop the duck on. She did it throughout covid with the exercising with clear eating disorder issues as well. She’s on holidays all the time and has outrageous sun damage to her skin. She really isn’t someone to be admiring or looking for advice from.

And even postpartum she will more than likely have a nanny hidden in the background but it will look like she really has her tit together as a new mum 🙃 Take the likes of Stacey Solomon and all her bleeping DIY, they’ve got a nanny they hide in the background all the time 😂

A bit of honestly now and then Is refreshing.Life isn’t a competition as much as Jess wants it to be

Reactions: 3
Even if she has decided to go for a section - what's the issue? Lots of comments on here that read very much like someone looking down their nose at the idea a woman would choose to have an elective. I've personally had 2 vaginal deliveries but have friends who have had sections (both emergency and planned) and had really difficult recoveries and complications. A C-section isn't the "easy way out" , it's major abdominal surgery and not to be taken lightly.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Is there actually any need for that comment? Sorry but I’m just thinking of other expectant mothers reading here. Vagina ripped to shreds..?! Eh that doesn’t happen. Vaginas don’t rip. Perineums can tear when the head is crowning. This is ok. They can No.1. Not need sutures and heal on their own. Or No. 2. Need sutures and heal with time, approx 6 weeks. Let’s not scare monger.
I am not a fan of Jess’s toxic positivity. But I commend her for going into labour & birth relatively fear free.
You’re definitely taking the comment far too literal which is not how it was meant🤣🤣

What I mean is her body will be wrecked after childbirth. Now, before the word ‘wrecked’ is over analyzed, what I mean is she’ll be tired, exhausted, sore, emotional etc.

But this is Jess Redden so I’d say none of the above will apply.

Reactions: 7
Even if she has decided to go for a section - what's the issue? Lots of comments on here that read very much like someone looking down their nose at the idea a woman would choose to have an elective. I've personally had 2 vaginal deliveries but have friends who have had sections (both emergency and planned) and had really difficult recoveries and complications. A C-section isn't the "easy way out" , it's major abdominal surgery and not to be taken lightly.
You are 100% right and no one should ever thing a C section is anything less than a birth or is any way the easy way out.
I think it's the way Jess comes off as toxic and that having a scar for the rest of her life would go against her superwoman, better than you persona.

I have had a C section, and like every woman I have had to get used to my "new body" post birth. Now years on I'm only proud of that scar for what I've achieved

Reactions: 2
You are 100% right and no one should ever thing a C section is anything less than a birth or is any way the easy way out.
I think it's the way Jess comes off as toxic and that having a scar for the rest of her life would go against her superwoman, better than you persona.

I have had a C section, and like every woman I have had to get used to my "new body" post birth. Now years on I'm only proud of that scar for what I've achieved
Jess and the Likes of her fellow influencers think it’s the easy way out because they don’t do their proper research. Both types of delivery are difficult and the recovery after a v birth can be horrific too.
Don’t worry Jess and her Fellow celebrities all have enough money to get the scar fixed and prob A little bit of liposuction here and there Once recovered. In this way it is the easy way out for them. They can hide that scar or get rid of it. Whereas if they go through the ordeal of a v birth and potential tearing/prolapse etc they are more likely to feel they need bigger surgery to fix their bits 🙃

She's at the "get this baby out of me" stage judging by her last story. Not quite so perfect Jess?

Reactions: 1
Certainly not the easy way out. I actually find it’s the other way, that sometimes women like Jess are choosing a C section to be in control of something natural and think that it will make it a better experience and it actually really irates me that women don’t believe in the power of their bodies and leave it to (mainly men) to decide / lead / convince what is best for a women in pregnancy/labour.

She's at the "get this baby out of me" stage judging by her last story. Not quite so perfect Jess?
Lol at this 🤣 I am due exactly the same time as Jess and I'm 100% definitely at the get this baby out of me stage. I think everyone is allowed to acknowledge how tough it is at the end. Just because she has followers on Instagram doesn't mean that she has to hide that she is struggling!

Reactions: 10
Lol at this 🤣 I am due exactly the same time as Jess and I'm 100% definitely at the get this baby out of me stage. I think everyone is allowed to acknowledge how tough it is at the end. Just because she has followers on Instagram doesn't mean that she has to hide that she is struggling!
hope things get moving for you soon. the end is awful - I went 11 days over with my first and it was torturous!

hope things get moving for you soon. the end is awful - I went 11 days over with my first and it was torturous!
It's definitely not easy, every day is a struggle but will all be worth it 🥰 can't wait! X

omg I thought it was someone else’s account. I had to double check who I was looking at
---

She will be allowed. There are various things and reasons she can give to get one! She can also go private and get one as far as I know?
---
Re c section vs pushing … would she be able to live with her “perfect” stomach post section? Like the scar can be quite bad and often left with a pouch like shape of fat/skin? Although I guess they have the € to get her cosmetic surgery to fix that if it happens?

If she did push nobody will know if she tears apart from her and the midwives and rob. Actually scrap rob there it’ll be her mummy there won’t it?
Certainly not the easy way out. I actually find it’s the other way, that sometimes women like Jess are choosing a C section to be in control of something natural and think that it will make it a better experience and it actually really irates me that women don’t believe in the power of their bodies and leave it to (mainly men) to decide / lead / convince what is best for a women in pregnancy/labour.
But she hasn't said she is getting a section so we actually don't no if she is "choosing the easy way out " hate this term because it's not the easy way out at all I had to get sections didn't have a choice not allowed to go through labour

C sections are hard. Vaginal deliveries are hard. Bottle feeding and breastfeeding are both hard no matter which you choose. It’s mothers judging other mothers is the issue. I hope all goes well for her, because any mother knows that having a baby is no joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I’d say she has a date for induction if the baby doesn’t come before that, it sounds from her stories like she’s trying to get things moving. Probably to avoid induction. Wouldn’t blame her, had a bad experience of induction personally.

Same! Raging I agreed to one. Hospitals using inductions purely to write the roster and plan staffing. Hopefully she goes before she has to get one as a FTM.

Rob is at the rugby anyway they just showed him on the telly so no baby yet id imagine 😅