Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pocahontas

VIP Member
Congratulations to @Droosie123 for the thread title - I believe your first! 76 reactions 🎉 One used, slightly muddy Burberry scarf for you.

Recap of thread #93

1. She got a bee in her bonnet with Krishnan Guru-Murphy for tweeting about Fareshare (the charity Marcus Rashford supports). Krishnan just doesn’t get it it, with his charity chat. Mate. Are you aware of her work, Krishnan?
  2. She don’t ‘do nothing’. Now, Jack. Don’t talk in double negatives.
  3. She took the opportunity to retweet her poverty blog, the seminal art formerly known as ‘Potatoes’. ‘Feels like it’s a good time to remind people of this.’ Why tho.
  4. Soft delicious comfort, delirium and squeak. No, not another potatoes reference - Mom’s new book is out and Jack has a copy.
  5. She then had a beef on Twitter about her mate Krishnan with Kirsty Strickland but ultimately decided to back off and ‘agree to disagree’ (translation: admit defeat to someone who can argue calmly, with reason and not ... emotively.)
  6. She started a mini-discourse on cleaning and ADHD / Autism. And then had a nap with the cat. On the mat.
  7. Rereading her own work (Potatoes) really kicked her in the feels. She had to take a step back from all the praise for Marcus Rashford and the supportive action amongst food outlets and councils for his campaign to end child food poverty.
  8. Now that she’s woken up, say does anyone have any stats on ... zzz ... stats on what it would cost to feed ... hhnngg ... and those MPs, those MPs and their fancy meals paid for by US ... ooh, eggs!
  9. People are arguing in her name so she’s stepping off Twitter. Job done.
  10. ‘It’s ok Jack. Others have taken up the baton. You can take a break if you need it.’
  11. GTAFuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
  12. Feel it’s necessary to repost this on behalf of @Alansbigplate , because it really highlights her plight.
  13. [*]
    For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
    Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’

‘I did a chaos’

‘My maverick brain’

‘My sad little face’

‘I’m BUSY’

‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’

‘I laughed up a lung’
    🥴
    One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now fuck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to fuck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
    • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
    • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
    • Her dad's a fucking LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
    • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
    • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
    • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
    • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
    • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
    [*]
    Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.
    [*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 143

ChickenPorridge

VIP Member
Screenshot_20201024-195613.png
Screenshot_20201024-195521.png
Screenshot_20201024-195438.png
Screenshot_20201024-195411~2.png
Select few replies from her Insta. Special mention to the person who compliments her and says she's been going through chemo. Jack's reply? A whole essay about HERSELF and not so much as a hope you're doing well after the treatment, nada

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 123
Good evening Frauen! Having been lurking on these threads on a daily basis for nearly four months, I thought I should finally get round to introducing myself, even though I'm always grunking and hardly ever make it to the end of a thread in real time. Also because it always makes @heretoreaditall2019 so happy to hear about how former Jackolytes finally see the light (I believe she once compared it to rescuing battery hens, which made me hoot in a Monroesque fashion.) Sorry I don't have a funny Jack-themed username - Studley Roger is village(?) somewhere near Ripon, which I drove past years ago, thought it was hilarious and have occasionally used it online since.

So as for my 'origin story', I bought a copy of Jack's first book years back when I started living by myself and was obliged to tighten my belt a bit. I made a few of the recipes*, took on board a few of the 'how to spend less money on groceries' tips and read the extract from the poverty blog in horror. I didn't take much notice of Jack herself until the Katie Hopkins court case, and that obviously sent her up in my esteem, because everybody hates Katie Hopkins, right? I started following Jack on instagram. As time went by, I started to find her more and more annoying, but I didn't have a clue about the dark side of Jack. (Probably because I didn't follow her on Twitter and she seems to be a lot less chaotic on insta.)

I found this place through plain old nosiness - I had got suspicious about the disappearance of Mrs J on insta and googled to try to find out if they had split up. Found these threads and had my eyes opened. Prior to that, I think the temper tantrum over Jamie Oliver's lockdown show was the closest thing I had to a turning point, and I didn't even see the true nastiness surrounding the Twitter pile-on. Oh! Actually, I also bought Tin Can Cook at the beginning of lockdown, and felt very let-down by how half-assed and rubbish it seemed compared to her first book. That was probably another clue that she wasn't the person I once thought she was.

*Yes, I made the peach curry AND the fish paste pasta. Both were fairly grim, but by far the most revolting thing I tried was the famous kidney bean burgers she made such a fuss over. In the interests of balance, I will say that I did really like (and still make quite regularly) her firecracker sausages and tragedy mash dish, the sunshine bread and the feisty soup (although I think I tweaked that one quite a lot).

This post is way too long, but one more thing... (tbf, I probably won't be posting much due to being in a constant state of grunk, so might as well say everything I want to in one go!) I was awake late last night when the strange business of Jack's 'cousin' was brought up, so I decided to do a little triangulating. The poster on reddit doesn't seem to be a Jack alt account, because they've posted regularly on reddit for years (like, ten years), mostly about formula 1. It's a bloke and he's Northern Irish, so probably related on Jack's mum's side if it's true. I didn't see any comments from them about the family being horrendous. He said something along the lines of "her [Jack's] family is wealthy. I know because it's my family too." So yeah. No idea how that fits into the suspicious screenshotted messages that a Frau (sorry I've forgotten who) posted yesterday, unless the username was the same under the squiggle? It was a pun based on an American fizzy drink. 🔺

TLDR: Hi, I'm a longtime lurker. Love your work, Fraus x.

• Heart
Reactions: 116

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
She couldn’t even write one of them plates there’s no room for her introduction ‘hi I’m Jack Monroe food writer, ex food bank user, single mum, accidental conqueror of fears’... oh dear no space left

ETA I could lend her a big one

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 111

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Me Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 111

Walkdengirl

VIP Member
Can I also add this.

I work in a school (triangulate me!) in what is considered an affluent area, dig a bit deeper and its not, loads of zero hour minimum wage contracts etc. As a school we have been giving out gift cards/vouchers for places like tesco, Iceland etc.

If you get one from your local school, or are asked if you would like one, please use it, or say yes. It has been budgeted for.

Look on it another way, its in our interests for pupils to achieve well, and they do much better if they aren't hungry. So you are helping us by having them.

And I love Marcus! Unlike Jack, he has lived the life and totally gets it.

Now fuck off, my daughter and her partner are finally getting married today at the third attempt so I won't have time to do much in here for a few hours

• Heart
Reactions: 102

crystaleyesd

VIP Member
Anyone else - "My dear twitter followers to whom I am endlessly grateful for their generosity in keeping me in fine furniture, I have done some reflection and although I was well intentioned, it appears my £20 shops are being used for nefarious purposes by right wingers to prove that FSM aren't needed. I'll be giving some thought to how I can better represent budget cooking and I'll be more careful in the future."

Jack - "mAnGo WoOd TaBlE" 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
About 11 years ago my daughters dad walked out on us when she was a baby. He left us in debt and me to cover it. I remember when the lady at the citizens advice said that I would have to move as no benefits would cover my rent (a 2 bed) as I didn’t need two separate bedrooms for 2 of us. I had to go back to work early, I had to move, I had bailiffs once, I had to sell stuff (mine) to pay for dinner that night. But do you know what, it was a couple of shit years before I’d sorted out my life. Things are tough at times but so much easier. And do you know what, I don’t give it a second thought now. We are more than our finances.

• Heart
Reactions: 98

Morrisey

I work in a small family run chip shop. We have worked solidly during Covid to keep the business open by forming a support bubble as a team to the detriment of our family lives. Now the owners have joined other firms in our town to offer free kids meals during half term. THIS is the kind of action I am proud to be a very small part of. Whining on SM about imaginary bills/back injuries/trolling is not something to be proud of Jack. Use your platform to do some good for a change. You might realise it feels good to do something honest for once.

• Heart
Reactions: 98

Tabitha D

VIP Member
She’s having a narcissistic meltdown. Furious that no one is making it all about her, beside herself with rage that she’s been sidelined and ignored, desperately retweeting her old blogs in the hope of garnering some attention, backtracking because she knows that, as we all predicted, her “eat on a budget” thing is being used to justify the argument that no more money need be spent on food for poor kids.
She couldn’t care less about anyone but herself. There she is, in her enormous house, surrounded by multiple pieces of luxury furniture and gadgets, luxuriating in her income from ads, affiliate links, Patreon - not to mention two lucrative broadcasting gigs this year, one book published and two more commissioned - and while this food poverty crisis is going on out there, SHE HAS THE NERVE to pretend that she’s going to be spending all day tomorrow going through a big pile of paper, er, “bills”. BECAUSE SHE HAS IT SO MUCH WORSE THAN ANYONE ELSE.
She is a disgrace. Her friends/agent/whoever should be stepping in at this point - it’s really not a good look.
(Still, I guess she won’t have time for her two Asda trips this week then. There’s a surprise).

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 97

instacharlie

VIP Member
no one should be donating to the Jack Monroe charity, it’s criminal that she’s even asking. Her poor decisions are on her.

We saw that the fan recently had donated £20 so could put pressure on her to return it, but what about the others? Is there no transparency at all with the Tip Jar feature? And I see she’s turned off the Patron total so we can’t see her monthly income like you can with some others. Why are you hiding it Jack?
Can we say this louder for the people at the back!!👏👏👏

JACK HAS TURNED OFF HER PATREON NUMBERS SO THAT PEOPLE CANNOT ESTIMATE THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF £££ SHE IS GETTING FOR DOING BUGGER ALL!!
If what she's doing is legit, why the need to turn it off?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 95

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Someone she actually follows, and who has a decent follower count (though no blue tick) has sent her this ....

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 08.38.10.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 08.38.43.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89