Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20201024-211131.jpg
Another tweet! I was wrong earlier :) Looks like fishing for compliments to me

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
God this rips my knitting. The "sentient hams" are only doing what she does. They are awful horrors but I fail to see what gives her the right to sit in judgement over them, they are over simplifying a complex issue to defend their political outlook, she's waging a public passive aggressive war against her middle class parents and begging from the poor.

Secondly, how does she propose to measure the "mental health cost of self care" in monetary terms? Incidentally as someone who has been stalked by depression since early adolescence I know how bloody hard it can be to motivate yourself to do basic stuff like showering, tidying up, cooking something decent and so on. However I also know that when I do set myself a goal and complete a self care task I feel better,not cured but better. Referring to looking after yourself as having a "mental health cost" is like the sort of toxic stuff bastard depression tells you when it's trying to reduce reduce you to an immobile lump. I'm not sure who she feels benefits from her reinforcing that kind of destructive self talk.

The last bit about the cost of a knife and fork is just absurd and is classic a Jack lurid poverty fantasy. Yes, there are people who might temporarily find themselves without these things (fleeing domestic violence, starting out after homelessness etc), however in a career spanning 19 years working in various frontline roles dealing with people in the worst poverty this country has to offer I've never encountered knife and fork poverty. I know it will surprise Jack but the poor and disadvantaged don't eat off the floor like animals. They do have basic dignity and self respect, perhaps an alien concept to a middle class girl who regularly humiliates her family by implying they left her and child living in starvation conditions without once asking them over for dinner, buying gifts for their grandson or doing the "oh I bought too much X/saw a 3 for 2/amazing bargain, could you use it" routine. You can get a pack of four forks for a pound in a pound shop, ditto knives, ditto spoons. We have a problem with ingrained poverty in this country that forces many indignities on people but a cutlery crisis is not one of them.

I continue to be amazed that people don't see through this obvious fraud.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
God this rips my knitting. The "sentient hams" are only doing what she does. They are awful horrors but I fail to see what gives her the right to sit in judgement over them, they are over simplifying a complex issue to defend their political outlook, she's waging a public passive aggressive war against her middle class parents and begging from the poor.

Secondly, how does she propose to measure the "mental health cost of self care" in monetary terms? Incidentally as someone who has been stalked by depression since early adolescence I know how bloody hard it can be to motivate yourself to do basic stuff like showering, tidying up, cooking something decent and so on. However I also know that when I do set myself a goal and complete a self care task I feel better,not cured but better. Referring to looking after yourself as having a "mental health cost" is like the sort of toxic stuff bastard depression tells you when it's trying to reduce reduce you to an immobile lump. I'm not sure who she feels benefits from her reinforcing that kind of destructive self talk.

The last bit about the cost of a knife and fork is just absurd and is classic a Jack lurid poverty fantasy. Yes, there are people who might temporarily find themselves without these things (fleeing domestic violence, starting out after homelessness etc), however in a career spanning 19 years working in various frontline roles dealing with people in the worst poverty this country has to offer I've never encountered knife and fork poverty. I know it will surprise Jack but the poor and disadvantaged don't eat off the floor like animals. They do have basic dignity and self respect, perhaps an alien concept to a middle class girl who regularly humiliates her family by implying they left her and child living in starvation conditions without once asking them over for dinner, buying gifts for their grandson or doing the "oh I bought too much X/saw a 3 for 2/amazing bargain, could you use it" routine. You can get a pack of four forks for a pound in a pound shop, ditto knives, ditto spoons. We have a problem with ingrained poverty in this country that forces many indignities on people but a cutlery crisis is not one of them.

I continue to be amazed that people don't see through this obvious fraud.
TBH it shows, yet again, that many of her followers have no clue about poverty and see her as all-knowing on the subject. Too poor to afford a spoon certainly sounds exciting, why bother thinking about it for more than a nanosecond?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
View attachment 286780Another tweet! I was wrong earlier :) Looks like fishing for compliments to me
Jacks going through her back catalogue of poverty essays and re-tweeting them - what a hella campaigner she truly is! Kids will not starve now 🙄

What has been exceptional about Marcus is he hasn’t got political. He’s let the politicians duck themselves. He’s kept on track with his passion to feed kids. Jack just wants to whine about the government...bleeping shut up your boring tropes have been rolled out a billion times and they are boring and have done tit!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 60
I'm recalling the time she gave "melamine" (©1937) cutlery to the mythical homeless people she found under a hedge whilst on her Grand Tour to Edinburgh...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Yes - she's trying to get RTs for old stuff, increase her engagement figures and traffic to her website & tip jar. As ever it's minimal effort to get income

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Nice one.

Had a quick search for JM's searing insights (all two of them) in case anyone wants to read them:
Just when you think you can’t be any more appalled with her. I know 6 year olds with more insight & who could be way more eloquent. Pathetic. What is the point of her having anything to do with poverty? She brings sweet duck all to any issue, just move aside and let the grown ups cope with this jack. You’ve had your chance.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Is it just me, or does this feel like someone going through their 'Best Bits' before being kicked off The X Factor - leaving the more talented to carry on?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
"I actually was pretty good at football, and could have played for Arsenal Ladies....but I was on an anti poverty march on the day of the trials".... She might have said. 😂 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.