Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
no one should be donating to the Jack Monroe charity, it’s criminal that she’s even asking. Her poor decisions are on her.

We saw that the fan recently had donated £20 so could put pressure on her to return it, but what about the others? Is there no transparency at all with the Tip Jar feature? And I see she’s turned off the Patron total so we can’t see her monthly income like you can with some others. Why are you hiding it Jack?
Can we say this louder for the people at the back!!👏👏👏

JACK HAS TURNED OFF HER PATREON NUMBERS SO THAT PEOPLE CANNOT ESTIMATE THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF £££ SHE IS GETTING FOR DOING BUGGER ALL!!
If what she's doing is legit, why the need to turn it off?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
Does anyone want to introduce Jack to the radical concept of a "direct debit"?!
Her admin seems totally bleeping useless. Doesn't order stationery or office supplies (Jack scampers off to Wilkos) doesn't open and prioritise her post, doesn't triage her emails, doesn't organise her mail outs, doesn't stick photos to bits of card with the wrong type of glue etc.
Let's face it though, Jack is probably a nightmare boss who gives no clear direction

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The one that ended at either Southend United's training ground or Waitrose?
I assume they are in a bubble for whatever reason - back together or just as mates. As someone who lives on their own albeit with an idiot cat, I can totally understand the need for company. But for the sake of your taste buds bubble with someone who can actually cook!
Waitrose you say?

should be fine - https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/shop/featured/offers/food-cupboard/tins-cans-and-packets/jamie-oliver 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I was just about to say that. Her admin seems totally bleeping useless. Doesn't order stationery or office supplies (Jack scampers off to Wilkos) doesn't open and prioritise her post, doesn't triage her emails, doesn't organise her mail outs, doesn't stick photos to bits of card with the wrong type of glue etc.

Jack mate, if you really are paying her out of Your Own Pocket, time to stop
Her admin can only work with what's she's got, perhaps she's not being given the resources to carry out her work. I imagine her to be a chaotic boss.

Reactions: 24
Sorry if this has been said but if you zoom into that PEEKYBOO selfie every single bit of her face has been tampered with. Ears, teeth, eyes, cheeks. Ridiculous catfishing

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I have an iPhone 11 🔺 ...and in my experience the ‘portrait mode’ is not that flattering!👀

It provides quite a harsh HD image, not the fluffy blurred face tuning Jackie claims it to have - certainly not without a few filter tweaks
Totally agree, I look horrendous in Portrait mode!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Her admin can only work with what's she's got, perhaps she's not being given the resources to carry out her work. I imagine her to be a chaotic boss.
Yeah can you imagine Jack as your boss and organise her workload?! It would be like trying to tackle multiple burning tyre fires at once while simultaneously juggling beakers of hydrochloric acid and riding a unicycle.

I bet you'd get days of no work despite trying to persistently pick it up then BAM! You suddenly need to mail out thousands of letters, contact 4 hosts to let Jack isn't attending anymore due to sickness and contact HMRC about 8 urgent, separate matters.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Just circling bits that really give the game away - even if you didn't know what she really looked liked, it's clear this photo has been edited.
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 09.30.30.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
That pile of envelopes was so stupid. I just cannot with her ridiculous pov PTSD. It's an insult (no surprise) to those who actually do have it.

Reactions: 39
no one should be donating to the Jack Monroe charity, it’s criminal that she’s even asking. Her poor decisions are on her.
See, this is the thing. I believe she has massively overextended herself with her outgoings and manic spending.
There are so many things she could be doing to ameliorate this (top of the list being more affordable accommodation) but she isn't doing them. And it's because she doesn't want to. The world owes Jack a living, so everyone has to pay up and keep her in the style to which she has become accustomed...

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Yeah can you imagine Jack as your boss and organise her workload?! It would be like trying to tackle multiple burning tyre fires at once while simultaneously juggling beakers of hydrochloric acid and riding a unicycle.

I bet you'd get days of no work despite trying to persistently pick it up then BAM! You suddenly need to mail out thousands of letters, contact 4 hosts to let Jack isn't attending anymore due to sickness and contact HMRC about 8 urgent, separate matters.
“I’ve done a CHAOS, I have ADHD don’t you know. Anyway, you have to send 3000 letters of apology before lunch....now, nap time. Wake me at 11:47!”

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I stumbled upon Jack through her kickstarter (which was a shambles and should have warned me off-but so are many other kickstarter projects). I can see how people get sucked in to the narrative as from a distance, in the heavily curated world of tweets that don't get deleted, all is well. Someone mentioned this site in her comments and I've been blown away catching up through the past threads and am really frustrated that I have supported in the past and its a lesson in not believing everything at face value for me.
We are in the middle of what could have been be her defining career moment (although it seems she has had many in the past and keeps blowing them) and all she seems to be able to focus on is herself.

Passing quickly through dissapointment to anger.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
View attachment 287070View attachment 287071View attachment 287072View attachment 287073Select few replies from her Insta. Special mention to the person who compliments her and says she's been going through chemo. Jack's reply? A whole essay about HERSELF and not so much as a hope you're doing well after the treatment, nada
I read through that reply to the person who has lost their eyebrows with my mouth LITERALLY open waiting for her to mention it. This may be a small thing in the context of the lies, fraud and taking money from people who are struggling but for some reason this is what got to me. This tweet sums Jack up in a single screenshot. Surprised she didn't offer some of her ouchy mouth recipes, oh wait that has been forgotten long ago. duck her, horrible horrible crappy person 🤬

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
We are in the middle of what could have been be her defining career moment
This is a very good point. Imagine if she was legit, honest and hard working, she’d be loving this both for those in need (of course) but also for her own career, the budget cooking world is on something of a wave. But no, she’s angry, because it is not being done to her liking or with her approval. She’s the spoilt child at the party and her mates are beginning to shun her for it..

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I stumbled upon Jack through her kickstarter (which was a shambles and should have warned me off-but so are many other kickstarter projects). I can see how people get sucked in to the narrative as from a distance, in the heavily curated world of tweets that don't get deleted, all is well. Someone mentioned this site in her comments and I've been blown away catching up through the past threads and am really frustrated that I have supported in the past and its a lesson in not believing everything at face value for me.
We are in the middle of what could have been be her defining career moment (although it seems she has had many in the past and keeps blowing them) and all she seems to be able to focus on is herself.

Passing quickly through dissapointment to anger.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
How's her shopping going today? Well I hope. Hope she has better weather than I currently do and the trolley makes it a speedy one.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Google trends data for the last 7 days, we now have THREE keywords in the top 5, and 2 of them are above recipes, the third close to catching up.

Lurkers come out and have a chat please ❤

E1A89FE1-5653-48EE-AE53-CEB73B08A8A2.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.