Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tabitha D

VIP Member
Also: “fuck off using select pieces of my work to try to “prove” it’s possible to eat on a budget”.
SO WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE “£20 SHOP” IF NOT EXACTLY THIS?
Speaking of which, what’s the betting the £20 shop is now quietly dropped and never spoken of again.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87

Raker

VIP Member
Like Jack, Nigella today had an exchange with a fan/reader who’s currently undergoing cancer treatment. Compare and contrast.

View attachment 287640
I “met” Nigella at a book signing when I was just post-chemo (but pre-hair regrown, so still “scarfy” ) and she was lovely — just spent an extra 30 seconds or so wishing me all the best. I was getting books signed as presents for people who’d been really kind and helpful with childcare etc., during my treatment. She was v pleasant to everyone, but literally just signed her name for them — but took the time to get my names/dedications right. And she was gawgeous close up, no shoddy filtering required 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 87

Fraggle

I am disgusted with her tonight more than ever. How dare she use attempted suicide as a way of emotionally blackmailing people into giving her support and sympathy.
I know I’m usually the one who posts something funny but tonight has been tough.
My eldest brother took his own life a number of years ago. It tore our family completely apart & still has an effect on all of us. I idolised my punk brother, but he was a troubled soul. I help support people in my line of work who have suicidal intent. I cannot stand those who use suicide as a tool to manipulate others. She has really crossed a line in her desperation for adoration tonight

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 86

xoxo

You know what I find interesting about this thread? Back in the day (pre-DKL) it was easy enough to keep track of most of the regular posters on the thread.... now there's so many people posting here that I can't keep up!

*waves to all the posters in this thread, and the registered + non-registered lurkers*

• Heart
  • Haha

MarthaFarkus

VIP Member
Omg all this carry on is mortifying, I will never recover from the cringe about her trying to make herself seem hard for bailiffs? Daddy the working classes are at the door, the oiks, the only language they understand is one of violence, transfer me some money to make them go away please papa we beg of you! 🥺

For anyone triggered by her @myfrugalyear on Insta is a fab resource about personal finance & mental health, she’s paying down huge debt but you don’t need to be to gain something from her. It’s people like Jack who perpetuate these bs notions that all debt is bad and shameful, when it’s managed and good value (eg not a 50% AER?) it’s nothing more than a tool for living? Very few people can afford to pay outright in cash, and if you can there’s the opportunity cost of having that lump sum of cash in your account so you may not want to anyway? There is no shame in debt what so ever but she should be absolutely ashamed on her salary she’s not capable of managing to meet her fixed outgoings because she’s a greedy little Cotswolds goblin.

FWIW I suspect she genuinely is skint, a mixture of a huge tax bill from last year she’s not accrued for in financial year, or this, plus a second set of huge tax bills related to the boom of work she had this year. And then you’ve got huge fixed outgoings that no one sane would have signed up for as a serial engagement breaker.
Agree about My Frugal Year, her book is a really good tool too.

I don’t think there’s a single person on here who isn’t pissed off (understatement) with Jack, even more so at the moment. She’s awful, truly awful. I’m on ESA and have been for about 4 years for real diagnosed conditions (take note Jack) I’ve recently been diagnosed with a mental disorder
Schizophrenia
and I’ve gone back to University to try and get a decent job in my field when I’m done. The point is, I’m so ridiculously skint at the moment, I can’t pay all my bills - which is messing with my mental health a bit, which in turn is affecting my studies AND I’m trying to move house but not once have I used any of that as an excuse. I’ve not asked anyone for help, I’m trying to work it out myself and I’ve still donated food to food banks because there are plenty that need it more than me.

Then I look at Jack pretending to be ill and poor and I just want to spit, she angers me so much. I have less than £20 a week to spend on food at the moment but I have a good base, herbs, spices etc and I eat as bloody well as I can but it’s not enough to live on long term. Things need replacing along the way, then what? I’m vegetarian, I have 3 cats, I share 2 weekly custody of my 17 year old daughter with her dad and she eats us both out of house and home bless her 😂 Jack is a fucking idiot for promoting this, she hates poor people - she must do to do this.

So sorry for the long me me me rant, I just needed to vent. As you were Frausters (not to be confused be fraudsters -see also: Jack Monroe).

• Heart

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I’m obviously evil but I’m absolutely laughing my tits off that she’s used being poor for six months as an excuse for having no friends and getting dumped by multiple sugar mummies:
“Definitely can’t be my sparkling personality or elfin good looks so it must be the TRAUMA etched into my being from a LIFE IN POVERTY making me into an insufferable cunt”.

Narc cubed.

The picture of the bills is just utterly despicable, tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Just posting this here as a reminder of the power of direct action as opposed to, uh, whatever Jack's 'activism' consists of.
"The government is understood to be preparing for a partial climbdown amid the row, with an expansion of children’s access to holiday activity clubs including meals."

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 09.14.03.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 09.21.57.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 83

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
He’s so classy, tweeting to thank people for stepping up and giving all the credit to local communities. Then you get Jack, “look what I’ve done, all my work, I’ve done so much campaigning, it’s my life’s work, I’m amazing!”
She needs to take notes from MR’s actions and twitter and use that as an example of how to campaign for change.
Marcus Rashford, a 22 year old black man raised in poverty is smashing so many ill conceived pre-conceptions with his eloquence and humility - reflecting fabulously on the mum who was struggling back then - as well as powerfully moving people to make change. In contrast, Jack Monroe; a grammar school educated white woman person, raised by a well thought of, stable, middle class family (who she’s often quite dismissive of) ... well she just can’t because it’s all too much thank you.

ETA - non binary & SPAG

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

Ellabella

VIP Member
I'm clearly as thick as pig's shit here, because wasn't the point of her £20 shop to show how people could live off of £20 a week and make a freezer full of leftovers too, if they were as clever as Jack Monroe. That was literally the tone and messaging of her self-satisfied posts. And now it's biting her on the arse and she's livid!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
View attachment 287070View attachment 287071View attachment 287072View attachment 287073Select few replies from her Insta. Special mention to the person who compliments her and says she's been going through chemo. Jack's reply? A whole essay about HERSELF and not so much as a hope you're doing well after the treatment, nada
I am screaming into the void!

a) in my humble opinion it is wrong for someone who says they go to AA to say they have been sober for two years except for a “small relapse” (I mean what the fuck is that? As soon as you take the first drink you’ve relapsed, just because you weren’t on a two-week bender doesn’t mean it counts less). I didn’t get sober at the first attempt and was in and out of AA for about two years before I stopped drinking but I’ll just add those two years on, they weren’t all life or death binges. She opened the AA door but continues to say stuff that goes against what AA is all about. I hate to think people who are thinking about going to AA take onboard what she says.

b) the reply to the person with cancer just sums her up. Absolutely no care for anyone, no manners, no empathy. What a horrible, horrible person she is.

I shall remember this weekend the next time I have a spell of self-hatred or think life is too tough - it could be worse, I could be her...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 80