Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes we’re Tier 1 in Southend.

I’ve just seen an artist has painted a big portrait of Marcus Rashford in Southend High street. I bet Jack is fuming!
There’s a short video of the artist doing it on Facebook - Your Southend page if anyone wants to be nosy just don’t read the comments 😞
tit, you weren’t joking about the comments. Eye opening..

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
A cast iron and mango wood table? Sounds expensive.
Why wouldn’t you just say “I’ve hurt my back moving a table”? Why the extra detail?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 78
Anyone else - "My dear twitter followers to whom I am endlessly grateful for their generosity in keeping me in fine furniture, I have done some reflection and although I was well intentioned, it appears my £20 shops are being used for nefarious purposes by right wingers to prove that FSM aren't needed. I'll be giving some thought to how I can better represent budget cooking and I'll be more careful in the future."

Jack - "mAnGo WoOd TaBlE" 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 100
A cast iron and mango wood table? Sounds expensive.
Why wouldn’t you just say “I’ve hurt my back moving a table”? Why the extra detail?
I think she's trolling us, she knows that we will try to triangulate her table.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Have to agree, have no knowledge of B O'N but he has JM summed up!
Your man the writer of this article was editor of The Australian at the time, which is our nasty Murdoch broadsheet. However, he points out yet another interesting lie of Jack's: in 2013 she blames the ready made food industry that people can't feed their family on £20/week.

So she's now confirmed you can't feed your family for £20/week, because many families are more than two people

Further, nowadays if you were suicidal or working two or three jobs you WOULD buy ready made meals, ETC, and anyone who doesn't support that is a ham or something

He also confirms her pre faux vegan ethical meat stance.

She's an absolute mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Whatever savings she had, I imagine have been spent keeping afloat since Louisa left. Her Patreon is probably at the point where it covers her rent but that’s it (I know, if only we all had a spare £2k a month for free, eh!).

Obviously, I hesitate to speculate too much but someone here shared she was on a very high Council Tax band and they don’t piss about. Two months missed and they want the lot or it’s off to court you go. Incidentally, I think I mentioned this here before, it was Council Tax that became my lightbulb moment and forced me to sort my finances out. When you have to face a magistrates court and pray that you don’t have to find childcare whilst you are in prison and not tell a soul on earth because you are so horribly horribly embarrassed, you tend to wake up a bit and start in on the post pile.

Top off a horribly expensive rent with a high council tax and no recourse to government support and it is easy to see a smallish cushion start to shrink extremely quickly. I know she exaggerated and embellishes and plays with wording so she is not outright lying but this has a whiff of the truth around it. Heartbreak plus massive drop in expendable income = desperate times.

I would like to conclude, however, that my sympathies are limited to SB. She has had six months to consider her options and only a couple of weeks ago was showing off that anti-Tory “art” for £25. That’s her monthly water bill, a weeks “food shopping”, a weeks gas and electric, a months internet etc etc etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Are scales starting to fall from eyes?! I think maybe Marcus' success might finally be showing up Jack's conning tactics and selfishness for what it is. Even though Jack seems to have nine lives I don't imagine she will have a long career for decades to come. Eventually people get fed up of the crying wolf. I think Marcus is showing how it should be done.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Bit of a tantrum last night maybe? Taking her frustration out on the furniture?
Whatever.
I just KNEW that she’d be ditching the “£20 shop”.
And it’s all falling apart a bit on Twitter isn’t it. Her whole “career” has been built on writing recipes to prove that you can cook on a budget. Except now she’s saying it isn’t?? She’s tying herself in knots, none of it makes sense, and she knows it.

Reactions: 56
I'm clearly as thick as pig's tit here, because wasn't the point of her £20 shop to show how people could live off of £20 a week and make a freezer full of leftovers too, if they were as clever as Jack Monroe. That was literally the tone and messaging of her self-satisfied posts. And now it's biting her on the arse and she's livid!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.