Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Froggies

Chatty Member
A cast iron and mango wood table? Sounds expensive.
Why wouldn’t you just say “I’ve hurt my back moving a table”? Why the extra detail?

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 78

MancBee

VIP Member
Sentient hams!!!!!
HI JACK!
It is something I have noticed about R Jackie, she latches onto a word and it sticks in her mind, then she uses it at the most inappropriate time. Eg she was working with Helman's on a mayonnaise project, so when he was doing a BLM video, that was the only word she could think of at the time to describe her skin. She has obviously been reading here, and sentient is now lodged in her brain, she used it in a tweet and somehow it didn't fit. There are loads of examples I have noticed over the past months. She reads here, gets a word stuck in her head, next minute she is using it on Twitter even though it often doesn't make sense in that context.

I hope you can understand what I am trying to say. It is hard to describe, but I know what I mean!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 77

LucyPeach

Seeing MR’s Twitter feed and all the people and businesses in local communities offering to help out has given me the eye wets.

I was going to say JM’s feed has never made me cry but then I remembered Brenda’s bangers. 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

colouredlines

VIP Member
I triangulated the 3 visible PO Boxes.

Barclays Bank, Capitol One, and a debt collection agency

If she has credit card debts maybe she shouldn't have bought two Burberry jackets in one day just to get an "and then they all clapped" ending to a shit anecdote?

If she has credit card debts STOP BUYING SIDEBOARDS.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 75

Scarletfever

VIP Member
Jack, you're missing an open goal.

It's horrific, but the reality right now is many parents may well have to feed their children over half term, with very little money or time to do so.

You have been pissing about with £20 shops for a few weeks, so here's an idea - do something helpful with the knowledge you have gained.

You can even use the opportunity to centre yourself - it's ok, because you will be helping others. You can talk about your experiences, and use that to actively help people, rather than just indulging your own ego and giving yourself insomnia.

Come clean about the £20 shops. Cost your meals accurately and tell people you have milk, juice and what-not delivered.

Tweet some of your lunch ideas, maybe even a recipe or two with links to your website. Start a hashtag. #Halftermlunchesforaquid or something. Caveat your help with a disclaimer this is not sustainable for the long term in any way, but it's an emergency measure to get people through the holidays.

Actually fucking DO SOMETHING other than howling and clawing and posting potatoes and selfies. Your followers will love it, they'll retweet the hell out of that shit, and you might even help people who are probably feeling very scared and very hopeless right now.

ETA: who am I kidding. You'll do fuck all as per usual.

• Heart
Reactions: 75
Also, hi, longish time reader.
Have been Jack fan, but I don’t do blind loyalty and she’s been behaving somewhat shittily for a while.

• Heart
Reactions: 74

emmer_moans

VIP Member
I have been binge watching The Vicar of Dibley for some background noise whilst I cook, recently. The character Mrs Cropley reminds me of Jack, putting ketchup on top of strawberry cakes, making fishpaste pancakes, marmite cakes...

Some quick quotes I have written down because they made me HOOT:-

Offers Geraldine the vicar a sandwich on a platter:
“What’s this with the ham?”
“Lemon curd!”

Makes a birthday cake for a friend:
“Ooooh lovely, chocolate!”
“No....marmite!”

Is seen walking around with a plate of food at a party:
“Ohh God, the Dibley Poisoner does her rounds”

For Shrove Tuesday:
“I’ve made pancakes... on these ones, are lard and fishpaste...and these are the plain ones... [everyone fights each other for the plain ones before she clarifies the following] with just a hint of liver!”

• Haha
Reactions: 74

Flumps

VIP Member
Like Jack, Nigella today had an exchange with a fan/reader who’s currently undergoing cancer treatment. Compare and contrast.

A67501CD-5C2E-4728-AE65-49473A139DC1.jpeg

E9D85C84-D87F-4319-98AC-F5567CB4D805.jpeg

Worth noting that I went looking for that comment on Insta, but Jack’s reply appears to be missing now, so presumably plenty of time to catch up on Tattle today (as apparently we are her conscience, or probs rather her social media managers) as not going to Asda twice *eyeroll*

No time to pop and see the rather awesome community statement of empty plates at the Southend Tory strongholds though. Pri-fucking-orities, am I right?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 73

Bugger13

VIP Member
The criticism of her on Twitter is growing. Some are obviously right wing but at least all these are calling her out, not trolling nasty shit about tattoos or being gay. It’s a start although annoying that some assume she’s left wing.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 71