Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Putting the mango wood to one side for the moment. Jack you were 10 or 11 and I can guarantee you would not have been plucking your eyebrows at that time. Stop acting like you are so much older than you are. I am much older than you, I did pluck my eyebrows and I've got hardly any left as they don't grow back after repeated plucking. So those big bushy things above your eyes? Nah mate 🤦‍♀️
Thanks to @ChickenPorridge ive pinched your screenshot View attachment 287373
I concur, wasn’t it early nineties for thin brows rather than late? She’d have been 4!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
She stopped doing it because of the gammons yesterday, now it’s because of the mysterious back injury. Can’t lie straight in bed with or without a bad back that one
But she has no money! She can’t just opt out of poverty, right? 😉

I’m sure once she’s finished all the freezer meals (ingredients: 100% thin air) she’ll be placing her Ocado order scampering off to Asda again. After all, the £20 shop is a necessity given her dire financial situation. And she hasn’t got family/friends to drive her to the supermarket, so she’ll just have to put up with the ouchy back :( How could she possibly get out of providing more gammon fuel?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Isn't she a patron of Trussell Trust? How many times has she tweeted about them during lockdown? I'd check back over her twitter but she deleted it!
That Go Fund Me fundraiser was created months ago. It’s obviously a good thing that she organised it, and there have been loads of donations, but no - I don’t think she’s mentioned the Trussell Trust in the last six months. Which is weird. I have no affiliation with any charity, and have no platform, but I’ve still shared charitable causes with the various groups I’m in. I always research, donate to them myself, then share via WhatsApp. Not too taxing, is it Jack?

Same goes for her never at any point bothering to promote small businesses, locally or otherwise. It’s definitely a bit of a staunch lefty/mc bubble where I live (I’m wc tho ☝), and in class WhatsApps we’re always sharing local ideas and great service, or things to get behind. Makes sense to care about where you live, and to try and keep businesses afloat. We share things like “hi guys, the little independent coffee place on x street is still open and serving with great social distancing and PPE. It’s the best coffee round here and they’re a small family run business”. Or people have asked for people to donate food and one parent had whizzed round and collected and taken to the food bank. We’ve all made lots of tiny attempts at being kind and helpful to the community around us.

She could share about her milkman, and wherever she actually buys her food from, give them a boost. Where does she buy her son’s shoes? Flowers, greengrocers, books? Knowing she has a huge platform but uses it for exclusively her own ends, shows what a vile human she is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Phew, these threads move past. Had to do an IncyGunka to catch up.

I wish I believed in Karma. Having watched many unworthy people prosper over the years, and kind generous people go unrewarded, I don't.

Jack will hoodwink enough people to keep her in the manner to which she is accustomed. It is unlikely that she will ever be properly held to account for her outright lies. I console myself with the knowledge that whatever Jack does, nothing seems to make her happy. It might seem terrible to be pleased that someone else is miserable, but unless she changes she doesn't deserve to be happy. I suppose that her continued unhappiness is Karma in itself. 🤔
This, 1000%. I often find myself quite upset about Jack due to the sheer grift, but her tweets last night put everything into perspective for me: she has nobody. She’s alienated her family, SB will distance himself from her as soon as he is able, she destroys every relationship she has and doesn’t appear to have any friends bar that dreadful Vix, who doesn't seem much of a friend.

Her being kept for doing nothing at all of value remains upsetting, but ultimately she’s a sad little person who will never be content. Without serious work on herself and her craft she won’t do well: I doubt she’ll do that work, but if she does she’ll deserve success, so 💁🏼‍♀️

Trying to be more sanguine where she’s concerned for the sake of my sanity - anger about her invaded my savasana in yoga the other night 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 46
The lieeeees just keep coming. She had already decided that she wasn't doing the £20 shop this week, clearly evident in her tweets yesterday and in her lack of making any meals last week, but comes up with a random injury lie this morning to explain it away to the masses. The made up stories roll off her sausage fingers so easily.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I concur, wasn’t it early nineties for thin brows rather than late? She’d have been 4!
To be fair I’m the same age as Jack. Thin brows were still big in the 00s when we were teens. I know a few girls our age who have ruined their brows.

Personally I a) didn’t overdo it because I was an unfashionable outcast And b) have very hairy eyebrows 😄 wouldn’t surprise me if Jack was similar and is exaggerating how much she plucked them at the time. And getting her decades wrong.

Why does she think she’s in her 40s?

Reactions: 40
That Go Fund Me fundraiser was created months ago. It’s obviously a good thing that she organised it, and there have been loads of donations, but no - I don’t think she’s mentioned the Trussell Trust in the last six months. Which is weird. I have no affiliation with any charity, and have no platform, but I’ve still shared charitable causes with the various groups I’m in. I always research, donate to them myself, then share via WhatsApp. Not too taxing, is it Jack?

Same goes for her never at any point bothering to promote small businesses, locally or otherwise. It’s definitely a bit of a staunch lefty/mc bubble where I live (I’m wc tho ☝), and in class WhatsApps we’re always sharing local ideas and great service, or things to get behind. Makes sense to care about where you live, and to try and keep businesses afloat. We share things like “hi guys, the little independent coffee place on x street is still open and serving with great social distancing and PPE. It’s the best coffee round here and they’re a small family run business”. Or people have asked for people to donate food and one parent had whizzed round and collected and taken to the food bank. We’ve all made lots of tiny attempts at being kind and helpful to the community around us.

She could share about her milkman, and wherever she actually buys her food from, give them a boost. Where does she buy her son’s shoes? Flowers, greengrocers, books? Knowing she has a huge platform but uses it for exclusively her own ends, shows what a vile human she is.
Hope she’s arranged the withdrawal of the donations and payment to the charity - they could’ve been using that money

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Phew, these threads move past. Had to do an IncyGunka to catch up.

I wish I believed in Karma. Having watched many unworthy people prosper over the years, and kind generous people go unrewarded, I don't.

Jack will hoodwink enough people to keep her in the manner to which she is accustomed. It is unlikely that she will ever be properly held to account for her outright lies. I console myself with the knowledge that whatever Jack does, nothing seems to make her happy. It might seem terrible to be pleased that someone else is miserable, but unless she changes she doesn't deserve to be happy. I suppose that her continued unhappiness is Karma in itself. 🤔
I unfortunately agree with this, dear heart Manc. I’m getting doubtful she’ll ever be fully unmasked. ‘My’ narc is so brazen, that even being unmasked would bring no feelings of contrition. It’s all part of the narcissist’s DNA, they cannot and will not accept that they are anything other than what they’ve decided to be. The fake persona is all they have, but they don’t have the insight to understand that they are not real. Jack thinks she is living in truth, I genuinely believe that. She is convinced that she is poor, and put upon, and the ultimate victim. She’s empty under the persona, which makes the narcissist truly pitiful. Only a person capable of remorse and reflection can ever truly be held to account (unless they do something illegal). She’ll override any critique with her usual methods, attack, retreat, gaslight, more victim.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Sorry, I don't know how to squiggle, but there is some really interesting stuff on this person's timeline. As Bristolian Brenda said "You're joking, not another one?" If someone can post with squiggles, please feel free to report this one for removal. P.S. Is there an easy way to squiggle without faffing?

We have found grandpa Jack's very own Charlie Bucket!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
unless it’s on the way to Waitrose I can’t imagine she’ll bother making an appearance
This is brilliant, saw the plates earlier and now it’s turned into a proper demonstration!

Also happened upon so many great grassroots community initiatives on Twitter - groups that make up bags with fresh cooked lunches and leave them on a bench for anyone to take, allotment produce donated, one lady made jam to give, it was really lovely.

Will Jack ever promote any of these initiatives?? 🤷‍♀️Or is she too BUSY rolling around raging and clawing her fake mail pile?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Jack is just another "celebrity" that thinks giving their sob story, a few me me me tweets and one retweet a month for a charity makes them deserving of a MBE for all they have done and raised for charity. When it's people like me and you actually raising money donating the cold hard cash that actually helps people. It infuriates me these people think awareness helps people. It doesnt. Donate what you can if you can. No wonder people hate Jack she is a top tier bleep. She was once poor do you think she paid for her shopping with awareness so she should know better

Reactions: 34
'I've shut down my tip jar for now so people with a bit of spare cash can put it somewhere useful '
Sorry...wishful thinking 😕
I’m making a donation equal to my patreon funding for this month and I’ll show proof-these people need that money way more than I do.
tit, nodded off there-back to reality 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This is brilliant, saw the plates earlier and now it’s turned into a proper demonstration!

Also happened upon so many great grassroots community initiatives on Twitter - groups that make up bags with fresh cooked lunches and leave them on a bench for anyone to take, allotment produce donated, one lady made jam to give, it was really lovely.

Will Jack ever promote any of these initiatives?? 🤷‍♀️Or is she too BUSY rolling around raging and clawing her fake mail pile?
Yes, we were doing windowsill giveaways around here during lockdown. Sort of a “tomato seedlings from 2pm” or “veg surplus tomorrow am” type thing. She could have done that on her sweeping driveway for her non-car? People were offering to teach kids art on zoom - all sorts

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Early arthritis indeed. Everyone has some degree of arthritic wear on their joints at your age love, osteoarthritis is a perfectly normal part of ageing, but wasn't it rheumatoid arthritis you had? That's not "early onset" because it's autoimmune.

Pick a lie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.