Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
a) in my humble opinion it is wrong for someone who says they go to AA to say they have been sober for two years except for a “small relapse” (I mean what the duck is that? As soon as you take the first drink you’ve relapsed, just because you weren’t on a two-week bender doesn’t mean it counts less). I didn’t get sober at the first attempt and was in and out of AA for about two years before I stopped drinking but I’ll just add those two years on, they weren’t all life or death binges. She opened the AA door but continues to say stuff that goes against what AA is all about. I hate to think people who are thinking about going to AA take onboard what she says.
Completely agree. If you applied this to a to someone who was addicted to say, heroin who had been clean for 2 years but then took a small dose, you wouldn’t still say they had been clean for 2 years would you?

There is no shame in starting from day 1 again. Everyone knows it is difficult being an addict (in whatever form) and that is why there is support available.

But once again the universal standards for society do not apply to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Mate, mate!! Every time I get a brown letter I start having palpitations, and have to open it immediately. It’s never anything bad, Cos I’m an upstanding citizen obvs, but they make me go weird. Jack just get your paid admin, who seems to do absolutely duck all, to open your letters you bleeping idiot!
I'm actually really bad at opening mail/bills too (other than the really important brown ones which I *know* have to get dealt with because I'm not a bleeping idiot). But then I have direct debits set up for everything else (and anything I purchase I do so from my debit account) so I only need to look at my banking app to know what's coming out my account and when. I don't even know why I'm typing this it's so obvious that nothing she says makes the slightest bit of sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Mate, mate!! Every time I get a brown letter I start having palpitations, and have to open it immediately. It’s never anything bad, Cos I’m an upstanding citizen obvs, but they make me go weird. Jack just get your paid admin, who seems to do absolutely duck all, to open your letters you bleeping idiot!
I’m the same, when the brown envelope comes it’s like when you see a Policeman walking up your path - you haven’t done anything wrong but you think “that’s it! I’m going to spend the rest of my life in prison!”

We got one each, Mr Lenny and I, the other day saying we’d been overpaid in child tax credits and we owed them £300+. We don’t get child tax credits. It’s a thought having to wait on the phone to get through and make sure it’s acknowledged and sorted but after years of debt, hiding away from things and the Scottish equivalent of a CCJ, I find it best to do things head on. If I didn’t though, I could get a nice little pile and take a photo for the ‘Gram...

• Heart
Reactions: 36
.... if she genuinely hasn't been opening the brown envelopes, then perhaps she'll have missed out on all the letters telling her about the 2 self employed grants and furlough help.

Hmm... thought not.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
She rakes in more through Patreon a month than my husband earns working 40 hours + a week on minimum wage.
Yep. Mine too. And covid fucked my job down the shitter so that's what we are surviving on.
Not to make it about me but we are making do and most importantly, not eating slop and bollock bangers

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
View attachment 287070View attachment 287071View attachment 287072View attachment 287073Select few replies from her Insta. Special mention to the person who compliments her and says she's been going through chemo. Jack's reply? A whole essay about HERSELF and not so much as a hope you're doing well after the treatment, nada
Unbelievable. Also, and it’s subtle, but the ‘little’ whopper that she told there right in the middle, the ‘flattering iPhone in portrait mode’ lie. Just laying the ground for a retreat, if the fraudulent Facetune photo requires some explaining later.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Someone she actually follows, and who has a decent follower count (though no blue tick) has sent her this ....

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 08.38.10.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 08.38.43.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
Completely agree. If you applied this to a to someone who was addicted to say, heroin who had been clean for 2 years but then took a small dose, you wouldn’t still say they had been clean for 2 years would you?

There is no shame in starting from day 1 again. Everyone knows it is difficult being an addict (in whatever form) and that is why there is support available.

Exactly. To say, isn’t that the whole bleeping point in counting? It’s from day 1 until it isn’t, then it’s back to day 1 again. She doesn’t give a tit, it’s not about AA or (supposed) recovery, it’s about her being able to claim success and virtue points within this subset of life’s big challenges. Completed it, mate.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Also isn’t portrait mode iPhone X and above? Prior to X I had an 8 which definitely didn’t have it (unless there’s since been a software update)? Not perpetuating the gross right wing notion of why do poor people have essential modern amenities such as smart phones & flat screen TVs (it’s nearly impossible to buy a non smart phone or a non flat TV these days???) but does no one genuinely wonder why she’s going on as if she’s never emerged from poverty yet has a current gen iPhone...

Reactions: 34

She operates mackiematics 🙄 all figures, are manipulated to fit her narrative

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Also isn’t portrait mode iPhone X and above? Prior to X I had an 8 which definitely didn’t have it (unless there’s since been a software update)? Not perpetuating the gross right wing notion of why do poor people have essential modern amenities such as smart phones & flat screen TVs (it’s nearly impossible to buy a non smart phone or a non flat TV these days???) but does no one genuinely wonder why she’s going on as if she’s never emerged from poverty yet has a current gen iPhone...
It was GIFTED!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
To whom at AA do I address my request for dispensation to add 12 years sobriety (age 0-12) onto my current fornightish? I sEvErElY need it for clout on my socials...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I have an iPhone 11 🔺 ...and in my experience the ‘portrait mode’ is not that flattering!👀

It provides quite a harsh HD image, not the fluffy blurred face tuning Jackie claims it to have - certainly not without a few filter tweaks

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Sick isn’t it? I’m sure she rakes in more than anyone who donates to her! 😡
It really is, and shocking. How good a manipulator does someone have to be to live the life she does in that big house, without working in years, writes the occasional photo book and tv appearance but has shown herself to be absolutely bleeping rubbish at *everything* she’s tried, yet has still managed to maintain the high life AND amazingly, still manages to maintain victim status. More patrons are flooding in, the monthly wage is growing steadily. Have said it before, she should give seminars on how to con people - it’s her one, true talent.

Reactions: 38
View attachment 287070View attachment 287071View attachment 287072View attachment 287073Select few replies from her Insta. Special mention to the person who compliments her and says she's been going through chemo. Jack's reply? A whole essay about HERSELF and not so much as a hope you're doing well after the treatment, nada
Someone says they are going through chemo and not one mention of it in her reply! “Meticulous skincare”, “iPhone with portrait mode” but she can’t afford butter. Who can “nap like a cat” when they have a child at home? What about the 20 hour working days??

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I've woken up to an incredible barrage of posts by frauen speaking more eloquently about her grifting then I ever could. All I really can say is that she's an absolutely bleeping disgrace.

Laughing about grating corned beef is one thing but I feel like this thread is the one bit of sanity in the JM internet sphere as we are calling out dangerous and immoral behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Someone says they are going through chemo and not one mention of it in her reply! “Meticulous skincare”, “iPhone with portrait mode” but she can’t afford butter. Who can “nap like a cat” when they have a child at home? What about the 20 hour working days??
... and the ‘I relax only 3 times a year...’

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I’ve been reading along and nodding vigorously in agreement with the wise and funny Fraus (and @MancBee 😘) since Friday. I thought the scales would truly drop from the eyes of the multitude over the past couple of days, but no. More non-earned cash floating her way.

She is a leech. She disgusts me.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.