Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bookweevil

A few ideas I found kicking about in my weird little brain that I thought I’d sling together for Jack’s children’s books bestseller list.

James and the Giant Narcissist

The Liar, the Witch and the Sideboard

Charlotte’s (Tangled) Web (of Lies)

Green Eggs and Ham: A Beginner’s Guide to Veganism

The Partial Maine Coone-Cross Who Came to Tea

The Subtle (Bread)Knife

Jack, the Champion of the World

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98

MancBee

VIP Member
View attachment 173387

I actually think this is the worse i’ve seen her.

View attachment 173388

This damage is irreperable, right? Surely. What on earth was she thinking?!
Trigger warning. Talk of sexual abuse.

She changed her name because of "multiple sexual assaults and trauma". I was the subject of childhood sexual grooming. I was assaulted from the age of 11, and raped from the age of 12. It is horrific. I plucked up the courage to go to the police just a couple of years ago, after seeing my abuser, now in his late 80's, in the papers getting married to a man in his 20's. The horror came flooding back and all the repressed emotions resurfaced. What made things worse was finding out that he had spent his whole career as a teacher of primary school children. I won't go into too many details, that may identify me but just to say, it is unlikely he will ever leave prison to hurt another child.

If JM's allegations are true, and I have no reason to doubt them, then I would hope she gets the courage to go to the police. It is to my shame that I allowed this man to go on to abuse others. I have had to have counselling to deal with the guilt I feel for not thinking about those others that were abused after me, that went through the same, and in some cases worse, than me. I comfort myself with the fact that 60's Britain was a different place than now, and hopefully I would have acted sooner had this been going on today. JM will not be able to use such reasoning to excuse her lack of action.

Talking about sexual assaults online, changing her name, threatening to name these perpetrators and not doing so, is not dealing with the problem. Allowing them to carry on with the same behaviour is almost akin to permitting the abuse of others to carry on. She will, like me, forever live with the guilt that she could have stopped the abuser from moving on and abusing others. JM has the chance to do what I failed to do, there is so much more support today.

I could go on, but to be honest I am finding this very difficult. Someone with any sort of following, like JM, who continually references abuse, has a duty to report and see through these allegations with police. They are, like it or not, an example to others. With their fame comes a huge amount responsibility. JM seems to not realise this with her flippant way she just chuckes about allegations.

I am writing this with tears in my eyes, and a feeling as though I am about to vomit, the emotions never diminish. So sorry if this has triggered anyone, but unsure how to hide text behind warning.

Post has been edited on your behalf - moderator
(Quote - So sorry if this has triggered anyone, but unsure how to hide text behind warning)

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 97

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Can I just say something please guys?
This is proof.
I didn't start the thread, my name isn't in the title, I didn't comment first.
I am NOT the curse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 96

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Screenshot_20200705_235759.jpg

Cynical, yet potentially correct observation here. It was all very "Oh Jack, maybe YOUUUU could do better?" wasn't it?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 83

Nosy_af

You are a ten year old, reading a book written for ten year olds. Do you:

a) have a nuanced conversation about race, stereotypes and privilege
b) laugh at a joke about farts

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm no David Walliams fan but he didn't change his name for 'lolz' but for Equity reasons I thought? There was another David Williams. And so bloody what #bekind Jack (Melissa).
I have got a horrible feeling she is planning a series of children's books featuring Pretzel - the little kitten who found a loving home with a quirky maverick owner. They both confronted their disabilities together and in doing so became better people/kittens.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 74

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
Screenshot_20200705_213304.jpg

That's her publisher I think. 😏

"at least we won't shit on anyone on the way." she says, immediately after taking a huge dump all over David Walliams on Twitter.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 72

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 70