Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LavaFlake

VIP Member
I've never read a DW, being considerably out of his target age zone, but if it's anything like Roald Dahl then I hope it's something along the lines of:

Mrs Slopp: the woman who vomited baked beans out of her mouth every time she saw someone eating a meal that was semi-solid and had a RRP of over £5.
Jackolight-tongue: the lady who lied so much her tongue tied into an unbreakable knot. She was doomed to forever eat sludge as a result.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Oh what a ghastly display this evening. We’re definitely going to get a children’s book series, aren’t we (in which the main character is vegan until chapter three).

• Haha
Reactions: 60

GrunkaLunka

VIP Member
This isn't about his books. As many have said here, they are obviously lazy, stereotyping and racist. However, if you wanted to do something about it there are ways to do this.

Her gleeful remarks about her DMs being on fire, alluding to #MeToo and now calling out for a deleted chapter of his autobiography. This all smells like an attempt to take down a man she dislikes? She has worked herself into a pure frenzy over it. This is vicious, she is a horrible person. The other day when @heretoreaditall2019 said she's dark and scary and some people were unsure, 👏have👏a 👏 look 👏now👏

• Heart
  • Angry

Motherwellgirl

She’s not happy with her own life so she’s trying to destroy someone else’s.

She’s not even 3 months out of a long term relationship. She’s clearly hurting. This is not the way to solve how she feels.

I’ve seen some really nasty stuff on twitter and I’ve been on the receiving end of a lot myself but this is vile.

Anyone cheering this on really needs to take a huge long hard stare at themselves

Jack. Don’t ever complain about this site or online bullying ever again. You crossed a line you should not have crossed last night and instead of saying sorry you have doubled down into over the top bullying and nastiness.

I’m sorry I spent a single penny buying any of your books. I won’t make that mistake again. That’s for sure.

• Heart
  • Sad

HarderFaster

VIP Member
I loathe David Walliams and everything about him but why has she ONLY JUST noticed this when apparently SB has read all of his books? Where has she been all the rest of the time...?

Or... wait, wait... is she just hopping on the bandwagon now that the deeply offensive Little Britain has been removed from streaming services?

Classic Jack: too much of a fanny to say anything when it might get backlash but as soon as others have put in the work to making it a mainstream concern she's all over it with her virtue signalling.

Also, sorry, but firmly middle class people don't get to critique how working class people are portrayed.

• Haha

Harrybosch

VIP Member
She changed her name because of "multiple sexual assaults and trauma". I was the subject of childhood sexual grooming. I was assaulted from the age of 11, and raped from the age of 12. It is horrific. I plucked up the courage to go to the police just a couple of years ago, after seeing my abuser, now in his late 80's, in the papers getting married to a man in his 20's. The horror came flooding back and all the repressed emotions resurfaced. What made things worse was finding out that he had spent his whole career as a teacher of primary school children. I won't go into too many details, that may identify me but just to say, it is unlikely he will ever leave prison to hurt another child.

If JM's allegations are true, and I have no reason to doubt them, then I would hope she gets the courage to go to the police. It is to my shame that I allowed this man to go on to abuse others. I have had to have counselling to deal with the guilt I feel for not thinking about those others that were abused after me, that went through the same, and in some cases worse, than me. I comfort myself with the fact that 60's Britain was a different place than now, and hopefully I would have acted sooner had this been going on today. JM will not be able to use such reasoning to excuse her lack of action.

Talking about sexual assaults online, changing her name, threatening to name these perpetrators and not doing so, is not dealing with the problem. Allowing them to carry on with the same behaviour is almost akin to permitting the abuse of others to carry on. She will, like me, forever live with the guilt that she could have stopped the abuser from moving on and abusing others. JM has the chance to do what I failed to do, there is so much more support today.

I could go on, but to be honest I am finding this very difficult. Someone with any sort of following, like JM, who continually references abuse, has a duty to report and see through these allegations with police. They are, like it or not, an example to others. With their fame comes a huge amount responsibility. JM seems to not realise this with her flippant way she just chuckes about allegations.

I am writing this with tears in my eyes, and a feeling as though I am about to vomit, the emotions never diminish. So sorry if this has triggered anyone, but unsure how to hide text behind warning.
I think you should be incredibly proud of yourself for going to the police. It is something I still haven't managed to do and I don't know if I ever will. There's just no evidence and it would rip my family apart. For now, I feel I can't bear burning my life down that I've worked so hard to build. I don't know where my abuser is now or what he's doing, but I'm pretty sure he's still alive. I have pangs of guilt that my not reporting him could result in other victims. It's a mind fuck and one I don't wish upon anyone.

What you went through is awful and I know it never goes away. The best we can do is to rebuild our lives and try and live them as fully and as joyfully as possible.

Please know that you have no reason at all to feel guilty or ashamed (yep, I know so much easier said than done).

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Mrswhale

Iv been in poverty and my husband has had to ring in sick to work because he couldnt afford the petrol there/back. We know what it's like to be on our arse money wise big time with no way out. But iv never rinsed beans, grated corned beef into mush or sold my kids fave toys 😕. What happened to being kind? Didnt fucking last long did it 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad

MancBee

VIP Member
I think you should be incredibly proud of yourself for going to the police. It is something I still haven't managed to do and I don't know if I ever will. There's just no evidence and it would rip my family apart. For now, I feel I can't bear burning my life down that I've worked so hard to build. I don't know where my abuser is now or what he's doing, but I'm pretty sure he's still alive. I have pangs of guilt that my not reporting him could result in other victims. It's a mind fuck and one I don't wish upon anyone.

What you went through is awful and I know it never goes away. The best we can do is to rebuild our lives and try and live them as fully and as joyfully as possible.

Please know that you have no reason at all to feel guilty or ashamed (yep, I know so much easier said than done).
I completely understand your inability to go to the police, the repercussions are seismic. I had pushed my abuse to the back of my mind, and it only surfaced when I saw the man in the paper. Your, and my, situation is not the same as JM. We have not made allegations online to garner sympathy and increase our SM presence. She is using theses alleged assaults in a totally unacceptable way. It actually makes me physically sick.

I have been lighthearted about JM online antics in the past. But her constant reference to abuse, sexual and otherwise, and refusal to do anything about it is actually beneath contempt. If she doesn't want to do anything, that is her prerogative, but to make personal gain form it is just awful. She is disgusting.

• Heart
  • Sad

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Or because she clearly wants this forgotten, being the only tweet she deleted. Thread suggestion:

Jack Monroe: implied that David Walliams used cocaine to fuel his writing.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
69CC98D7-D765-4FCF-ADE8-4346FF068865.jpeg

No you won’t Jack, the reason you asterisked his name is so he doesn’t know about the tweets because you’re a two faced coward. Get to fuck you narcissistic little rugrat.

Then again, they’ll all be deleted by morning.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
Jesus! In reply to the editor who said his books aren't ghost written. Now a racist by association I assume.

View attachment 173308
omg Alison finish her hun - email legal & get the ball rolling sweetie x

This is the post DKL renaissance we've all been waiting for, this is our redemption for enduring that sexy cat vid. This'll be bigger than Tulisa vs. the fake sheikh, glorious!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57