Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I read somewhere that Walliams books are ghost written. I’m not a fan of his books. I thought JM would have approved of “The boy in a dress” ?
(Think it’s written by Walliams)?

Add literary critic to the list

ETA why does she always have to qualify every damn possession with a ‘by the way I haven’t bought this’? ffs.
Perpetuating the poverty myth?

Reactions: 20
Thing is, if it matters that much to you, you’d bleeping vet the kid’s books before they came into the house.

I care quite a bit about what I think my kids should be reading so I do make a concerted effort to choose books that are first of all brilliant stories but also with a diverse selection of lead characters. There are plenty of fantastic children’s books and graphic novels out there. Why doesn’t she reserve some from the library? You know what else? Most libraries have the Bolinda app, so you can borrow e-books and audio books for free onto your devices! FREE, Jack! For free!

Reactions: 49
I loathe David Walliams and everything about him but why has she ONLY JUST noticed this when apparently SB has read all of his books? Where has she been all the rest of the time...?

Or... wait, wait... is she just hopping on the bandwagon now that the deeply offensive Little Britain has been removed from streaming services?

Classic Jack: too much of a fanny to say anything when it might get backlash but as soon as others have put in the work to making it a mainstream concern she's all over it with her virtue signalling.

Also, sorry, but firmly middle class people don't get to critique how working class people are portrayed.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
She drones on about "being kind" and spreading "good energy" - and then she starts a venomous pile-on on David Walliams, just as she did with Jamie Oliver.

• Angry
Reactions: 54
Oh God she is going IN on this. Jumping on the cancel culture! I won't defend Walliams, but those stories are done in a Roald Dahl-esque style and always a 'moral of the story' theme. The awful person saying things about "poor" people etc never comes off well in the end.

Ps can't believe I got a thread title! Blushing!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
She drones on about "being kind" and spreading "good energy" - and then she starts a venomous pile-on on David Walliams, just as she did with Jamie Oliver.
I think Walliams is the type to respond. Jamie Oliver seems a much nicer person.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Also [witch] those books she has photographed are surely for younger readers than a 10 year old?

Reactions: 13
Also, might just be thought ‘Be Kind’ and all that🙄. But how do you think Jack would feel if a blue ticker was pulling apart one of her books on Twitter??? Imagine what she would be screaming, the bullying etc. Yet it’s fine for her to do this. It’s actually disgusting whatever anyone thinks of his books 😡

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
SURELY it says more about the character's personality rather than Walliams? GUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

SHE'S ALL UP IN OUR NICHE AND I SHAN'T HAVE THAT

SHAN'T
At least she’s making her motives clear! As if we didn’t already know. 😏

Reactions: 11
My kids are grown up so they missed the Walliams books but I say if they encourage boys to read and the kids enjoy them then that’s a good thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
FFS she boils my piss!! My not very into reading son loves the DW books, so I totally encourage it. He’s 10, so he can read for escapism and I’ll talk to him about social issues and current affairs. There’s something more behind this, she’s gone full guns blazing into DW, who is a big name. I reckon it’s purely for attention as I imagine DW has a large loyal following.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I'm no David Walliams fan but he didn't change his name for 'lolz' but for Equity reasons I thought? There was another David Williams. And so bloody what #bekind Jack (Melissa).
I have got a horrible feeling she is planning a series of children's books featuring Pretzel - the little kitten who found a loving home with a quirky maverick owner. They both confronted their disabilities together and in doing so became better people/kittens.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
Jack’s an idiot and she proves that every time she lets her gob run away with her .

Those tweets will be deleted before long because she’s a coward.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She's breaching copyright, someone needs to tag the publishers and DW.
No, showing a small extract for review is not breaching copyright. She's still a dick though.

Also, David William's books are problematic and lazy in my humble opinion, but none of the examples she quoted are really the problem, AND, more importantly, BE KIND!!!!! KINDNESS MATTERS. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT COMMENT. SCROLL ON. Etc., Etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.