Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just thinking this last night. I’ve actually not had beans on toast for ages (toaster gave up the ghost and I’ve not got a new one yet).

My exact thoughts were. I’d rather have beans on toast than look at her cookbooks.

I’m actually a decent cook. If I’m cooking in the slow cooker I like to make a meal with 5 or 6 ingredients

Personally I think people who struggle with cooking and are on a low income. What would work is recipes that only use a few ingredients. Ones that could also be easily tweaked. So that people know how to cook a main meal every night of the week let’s say.

It is also sometimes far easier to pick up a jar of pesto sauce for example than faff around making kale or salad bag pesto.

At the moment I’m getting meals 3 days a week from a community group who are helping people in this area.

The meals are all home cooked and simple. For example last week I had a Chinese style veg curry that clearly used frozen veg but it was really nice. 4 or 5 ingredients tops. No faffing.
I was thinking about this sort of thing earlier, I agree about the cheap pesto. I have only ever made my own when I've had extra money to buy basil, I'm currently growing it from a sad supermarket plant that I separated and repotted. I found out how to do this from a gardener I follow on IG. I have spent extra before on these plants and then they have immediately died and been wasted/money lost.

I would also like to try and figure out a way to make up a useful set of basic herbs/spices in smallish amounts for a reasonable price, it takes so long to build up a set when you can only get one at a time.
A set that would be useful for as many things as possible while not being too intimidating for those new to cooking, ideally packaged in a way that could be supplied to foodbanks.

There's been so many excellent contributions to these threads along these lines. I would happily begin putting some kind of resource together if anyone else wants to get involved? I'm not working and shielding at the moment so have time to devote to this.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
may be he believes in ignoring to bad behaviour and rewarding the good. Or at least his AN account managers do.
I agree with this sentiment to a point... but at some point she does have to be told that she can't keep acting like this.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Long time lurker here. I just wanted to say it is exhausting to keep up with this car crash. Just as well I am wfh.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Also DW is a veeery easy target at the moment, as Jack is well aware. Go on, go after Jacqueline Wilson for glamourising poverty or whatever you want to criticise her on, I dare you (I personally loved her books, but agree with @chocolate choux that Love Lessons was a bit dodgy with hindsight).

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I was thinking about this sort of thing earlier, I agree about the cheap pesto. I have only ever made my own when I've had extra money to buy basil, I'm currently growing it from a sad supermarket plant that I separated and repotted. I found out how to do this from a gardener I follow on IG. I have spent extra before on these plants and then they have immediately died and been wasted/money lost.

I would also like to try and figure out a way to make up a useful set of basic herbs/spices in smallish amounts for a reasonable price, it takes so long to build up a set when you can only get one at a time.
A set that would be useful for as many things as possible while not being too intimidating for those new to cooking, ideally packaged in a way that could be supplied to foodbanks.

There's been so many excellent contributions to these threads along these lines. I would happily begin putting some kind of resource together if anyone else wants to get involved? I'm not working and shielding at the moment so have time to devote to this.
My advice would be to start with ones that can be used across multiple cuisines, eg cumin (present in South Asian, South American, Middle Eastern etc cooking), oregano (Italian, Mexican), paprika (pretty much everywhere and a great, cheap substitute for the smoky hit you get from bacon) and go from there.

The amount of exotic dried leaves / seeds I have in my pantry that I used once, for a dish I made four years ago, is bananas. I'm a spice hoarder!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I for one would love to read a children’s book written by jack, for the unintentional hilarity of someone so utterly humourless attempting it. 10 year olds won’t care that you were on benefits for six months ‘hun’.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She’s unbelievably delusional. She actually thinks he might name a character after her, and there’ll be an opportunity for coffee (and an assault)?! She’s uncommonly vile. Dave, hurry up with the cease and desist will you!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I agree with this sentiment to a point... but at some point she does have to be told that she can't keep acting like this.
I think that if he gets involved it just gives her more self importance. You can see how others are acting and retreating. His team are most likely sitting back watching as she single handedly destroys her own tv career. No one is going to want to be involved with her after this.

Reactions: 30
Just a reminder, in the wake of her implying that DW does a load of blow before writing his stories, of how "aghast" she was on the topic of "directly alleged or implied" comments just two weeks ago:

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 12.10.41.png

• Heart
Reactions: 32
So this has all escalated from SB coming home and proudly telling her he’s finished his DW books? Christ...

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I think that if he gets involved it just gives her more self importance. You can see how others are acting and retreating. His team are most likely sitting back watching as she single handedly destroys her own tv career. No one is going to want to be involved with her after this.
I do think she banks on the internet having a very quick memory. She said all that distasteful stuff about David Cameron's kid but then got a partnership with Hellmans/Unilever a few years and still has maintained regular bylines in newspapers.

I just hope by going after people in a publishing houses (i.e. the ones who directly pay her salary), she won't be able to get away with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Didn’t the KHopkins judge note that she enjoyed her Twitter rages, that she was gleeful with all of the negative drama?
She’s being a gleeful little goblin yet again. You think she’d learn.
But all she can hear in her house made of glass is this:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
This isn't about his books. As many have said here, they are obviously lazy, stereotyping and racist. However, if you wanted to do something about it there are ways to do this.

Her gleeful remarks about her DMs being on fire, alluding to #MeToo and now calling out for a deleted chapter of his autobiography. This all smells like an attempt to take down a man she dislikes? She has worked herself into a pure frenzy over it. This is vicious, she is a horrible person. The other day when @heretoreaditall2019 said she's dark and scary and some people were unsure, 👏have👏a 👏 look 👏now👏

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
may be he believes in ignoring to bad behaviour and rewarding the good. Or at least his SM account managers do.
Maybe they are collating evidence and collecting analytics

in his position I wouldn’t respond via Twitter that will just fan the flames I’d just have my solicitor send her an appropriate communication

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Not content with defaming him last night she’s now trying to ruin him.

Remember the post she made on here about going away and processing the feedback she was getting here.

That went well eh? She is acting like a possessed nasty spiteful individual. In my view she knows she’s wrong but rather than admit it she’s steaming on ahead. Starting what she’s finished so she can prove to herself that she’s right.

Jack. Twitter would be a much nicer place without you. You should leave today and never come back.

Imagine being in the public eye and acting like this and thinking its ok. It really really is not ok.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.