Jack Monroe #39 Cat's in the bathroom with silver spoon,this is real life not Mills & Boon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The cycle of anger and then sickly 'be kind'-ness is getting shorter each week. The cycle is almost happening every day now. I actually wonder if DW HQ sit this one out in the hope it goes quiet because of the recent bad press with Little Brittain. But I do hope someone in publishing has seen this and takes note about JM's behaviour.

Good to see some twitters calling her out for the aggression though. Perhaps it is happening more visibly more frequently so people are taking note.

Reactions: 32
QUOTE="Gentlemensrelish, post: 1755687, member: 63115"]
What a difference 75 minutes makes. View attachment 173419View attachment 173420
[/QUOTE]

Ugh, just ugh with her. God she can't be much fun! My mum bought me and ( still does, buys me) books and has asked me what I have thought of them. When I was younger and was reading this like Anne Frank she talked to me about how things were for those people and how terrible hilter was. She doesn't need to vet his books, most kids will read books that suit them and if a book that isn't age appropriate does slip through they will either read it and forget about it( as they want understand all what's being said, or of their parent frequently talk books with them they will ask what its all about.

Reactions: 15
I am no Walliams fan but he did not write little Britain alone he wrote it with the bald headed bloke who's name has left me. I never liked it personally but it was quite popular during its time. Ok it's now been pulled for offensive material and quite rightly but it wasn't just him who wrote those things. Alot of comedians if you look at their work use the shock factor and are normally very un pc because unfortunately/ fortunately dependent on how you want to look at it, it gets them laughs. He also done some amazing charity work in his time so not all bad, I don't think.

I mean didn't he swim the channel. That's impressive in it own right. She needs to learn to pipe down and stop being so bitter because no one is paying her all of the attention.
Yeah. For sport relief.

His writing partner was Matt Lucas.

The cycle of anger and then sickly be kindness is getting shorter each week. The cycle is almost happening every day now. I actually wonder if DW HQ sit this one out in the hope it goes quiet because of the recent bad press with Little Brittain. But I do hope someone in publishing has seen this and takes note about JM's behaviour.
I can’t see them sitting it out just because of the BLM stuff.

Episodes were pulled because of the inappropriate nature and an apology issued which would seem to be the right way to do things.

Compare that to that hoover gif.
Jack is out of control.

Reactions: 25
Wow, had to finish grunkaling this morning.

WTAF?

There is no shread of professionalism from Jack. Whatever, remnants of a career she might have had before, I can't see anyone wanting to work with her now.
And she has no one to blame but herself.
And take your kitten to the vet Jack!

Reactions: 29
My guess is that SB has come back from a lovely fun weekend at his dad’s and his mum is jealous. Dad has bought him a new book and they’ve been busy while she’s been on her own with kitten.
I’m only on page 28/36, sorry if this has been said in the interim.
No, I think you’re right. She’s deeply miserable which is difficult to hide, and she was probably triggered by SB coming home happy and relaying what a nice time he had with his father. Isn’t SB’s dad in a longterm relationship too? She’s obviously insecure about her new singledom and sensitive to hearing about couples

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
It’s the actual arrogance of her saying she’s would confront Walliams about his books with witnesses (because she doesn’t like them). Do shut up Jack. You don’t need to read them. SB isn’t going to be scarred because he read a few books you didn’t like.

Everything also smacks of. How can I turn this into a career opportunity for Jack.

I’ll write better books. I’ll plan better kids lunches.

Anything you can do Jack can do better. I also thought it was interesting that she jumped all over the sum DW allegedly got for going to a school to talk.

The operative word being allegedly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Unbelievable - saw a bit of this last night, but 33 36 pages this morning?!??

I don’t know about Jack being in a cycle but I know I am:

where are her friends? Family? Who’s got the WiFi password? She has just seriously damaged her career.

Why the duck is her agent fanning the fires (oh go on, you could write a better one) instead of having a word?

She needs a new advisor, one that won’t put up with her bollocks:

A913549F-1F5D-4339-8766-03AF206E2318-min.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
She possibly has EDS, which is a fair parallel. But I think if she truly did she wouldn’t be doing all this stuff. Being this bendy and unstable is bleeping hideous in all respects. Any kind of uneven or soft surface without adequate strapping/bracing is frightening because you can’t trust you won’t fall.

Thank you for the recommendation😊 I will take a look tonight. Thanks also to @Lemonjelly, did you have the same one in mind or did you mean Mane and Tail?
If you're in a saddlery for horse shampoo, throw some hoof oil/cream into your basket: it strengthens nails so well. Make sure it's good nourishing, not hoof shining or blacking show dressing!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Argh, the last thread disappeared off my Watched list again (still says I'm watching it, just didn't display in the list) and I've just spent an hour doing a speed-Grunka through nearly 50 pages.

Nothing to add other than the Sharks with the anti-hair wrap technology are simply astonishing. We put one in our holiday let, which I nicked at the start of lockdown, and it's knocked socks off my Miele Cat & Dog. Going to have to wait for the sales and buy another.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Completely off topic but:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to buy the shark anti-wrap head thing for an existing model? I bought an ionic duo model literally 2 weeks before the hair wonder was launched, and definitely would have waited for it if I’d known...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m not sure this is the “own” she thinks it is. It’s not a big reveal, of course this woman would know whether he wrote his own books. Also, it’s really creepy. And hilarious she’s gone after the Director of Comms for a major publisher! Hope word spreads about what she’s like

4268C821-067A-42AA-AB71-8155122C978F.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Reading her tweets from last nights I noticed she mentioned again about being working class.

It's like shes obsessed with it being working class, someone needs to break it to her gently that working class people dont have smeg fridges and ginormous (crappy) bungalows...

Reactions: 38
Her lawyer should give her the boot. I did a thing!!!!!

She seems to gun for men who are more successful than her and who are richer as well

Really not comfortable with her list and her threat to publish names of people who harassed her on her twitter feed. Trial by twitter. I completely understand that some women will never feel comfortable going to police and that’s their right. However. She responded to someone last night about her name change saying that she had changed it due to violent sexual assaults. She’s also spoken out about journalists being sexually inappropriate. Now she has a list. How many names does she have? 30? 40? 50? If it’s that many she does need help to deal with the aftermath. Let’s face it, who wouldn’t if they had been assaulted so many times?
I thought the way she shut down the person asking about her name change was horrible and aggressive.

Just like her over the top reaction to a set of kids books.

Reactions: 23
If you're in a saddlery for horse shampoo, throw some hoof oil/cream into your basket: it strengthens nails so well. Make sure it's good nourishing, not hoof shining or blacking show dressing!
Oh thanks for the tip, I will have a look when I can shop for real again. Previous horse girl, enjoy going to a saddlery just for the heck of it tbh <3

Reactions: 9
BB9D7770-2E29-40FE-86EB-B15190ADD605.jpeg

This is like in Friends when Chandler tells Janice he’s moving to Yemen

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Her lawyer should give her the boot. I did a thing!!!!!

She seems to gun for men who are more successful than her and who are richer as well

Really not comfortable with her list and her threat to publish names of people who harassed her on her twitter feed. Trial by twitter. I completely understand that some women will never feel comfortable going to police and that’s their right. However. She responded to someone last night about her name change saying that she had changed it due to violent sexual assaults. She’s also spoken out about journalists being sexually inappropriate. Now she has a list. How many names does she have? 30? 40? 50? If it’s that many she does need help to deal with the aftermath. Let’s face it, who wouldn’t if they had been assaulted so many times?
I thought the way she shut down the person asking about her name change was horrible and aggressive.

Just like her over the top reaction to a set of kids books.
She makes a continual mockery of really important things and her being even vaguely involved near anything shatters the credibility instantly.

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.