Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Rekyavikgirl for the words and @JuliaGulia for the nomination! 🎉 Your joint prize: this monstrosity. Rufus Hound bantz optional.

Recap of last thread:
  1. Fack Monroe wrote a love letter to the inventor of the tin can.
  2. There was also a recipe for her pineapple chicken, which got all faux scientific. You had me at bromelain.
  3. She was off for an x-ray and all manner of scans and injections, so called for animals of every species known to man, stat.
  4. ‘If you know you know’ (which one of her eyes is possessed by the dark lord of Facetune this time), send your answers on a postcard.
  5. She made several wretched-looking desserts in a recycled Tesco Mediterranean veg selection tray. Why tho.
  6. She won the Diva magazine ‘Influencer of the Year’ award. And everyone applauded.
  7. An advertorial for her tasty Del MonteTM recipes appeared in the prestigious online publication Female First.
  8. [*]
    Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

[*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 112
Dark lord of Facetune 😂

All of the other threads looking at this thread title like

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
Thanks @Pocahontas for your recap based hilarity. I really want to do a quiz so I can rollout this factoid about pineapple AND the winner of Diva Influencer 2021. I love facts!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Thanks @Pocahontas for your recap based hilarity. I really want to do a quiz so I can rollout this factoid about pineapple AND the winner of Diva Influencer 2021. I love facts!
Would you get an extra point if you got them both in the same question ...

Such as ..
Who won the DIVA magazine Influencer of the year 2021 and should be arrested by the Onion Police for crimes against pineapple ?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I just had a vision of cabal members meeting in the canned goods aisle and saying the thread title to each other knowingly.

Maybe they’ll have to ask the jury in our eventual court case if they know, to see their reaction for neutrality (I know there probably wouldn’t be a jury 😂).

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Going back to the acceptance speech video I don't think she looks unwell, I think we're just so used to seeing her perfectly smoothed in the soft glow of the rejuvenating pink curtains or a perfectly placed sunbeam that changes her complexion to a healthier hue. She does appear to be attempting to roll her eyeballs back in her head to see if she still has any of her brain left which is disturbing. She still needs that undercut sorting as well and I dearly wish that Lord Jesus Compton would put that poor mercilessly skewered blazer out of its misery like she did to the Tower Bridge python.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Going back to the acceptance speech video I don't think she looks unwell, I think we're just so used to seeing her perfectly smoothed in the soft glow of the rejuvenating pink curtains or a perfectly placed sunbeam that changes her complexion to a healthier hue. She does appear to be attempting to roll her eyeballs back in her head to see if she still has any of her brain left which is disturbing. She still needs that undercut sorting as well and I dearly wish that Lord Jesus Compton would put that poor mercilessly skewered blazer out of its misery like she did to the Tower Bridge python.
I still think she did look unwell in the still posted (that shadow bruise did her no favours), but in the actual video she looked okay - if slightly unhinged looking off to the top like that 😂

edited for 🥕 reasons

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
When shocked at Facks appearance in real life, I refer to the del monte photos of late last year. Or the FSM tv interviews. Fack needs a lot of help to look so good as we see on twitter.

Reactions: 26
I tried to post this earlier but it didn't link....in honour of Greek Easter this weekend cos we know how Jack bangs on about their heritage
does look very tasty- I have tried several of Recipe Tin's recipes and can vouch for their taste and ease of cooking

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
On this day one year ago Jack claimed to have printed all of the Tattle threads about them.
32D317C1-CB80-49B3-B048-3535ABB63605.jpeg

A year on Tattle has deleted nothing and Jack has deleted everything.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 180
great title as always, I hadn't seen that "love letter to the tin can" and I just laughed out loud at the decription of her as "cook, writer and tin can enthusiast" I might add something similar to my linkedin, replacing tin can with cat

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.