Jack Monroe #185 Serves zero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How long after grunking will it take for her to post a video of herself eating something she made now to prove us wrong? 😂

It's an awful punishment to be made to eat that slop, but she deserves it for all the horrible meals she's made other people waste their money and time on.
I always wanted her to eat one of her son’s pitiful poverty cosplay lunches 😕

“Mmm slimy minced out of date salad and grated carrots in a sandwich, followed by maize snacks™️”

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
I don't know if this has been said, I seem to be on a permanent Gunka at the moment. It says in the recipe, chicken skin side down in the roasting pan. In the photograph the chicken is skin side up.
I'm not sure if the photo in the magazine is Jack's. If not then presumably the home ec people who did take it have gone rogue. Quite rightly too, because who the duck would roast chicken thighs skin side down?

(I am procrastinating, so have just skimmed the previews of the first 3 pages of a google search for chicken thigh recipes and every single one says ROAST SKIN SIDE UP, presumably because none of the authors are actual psychopaths)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
See, this is why when she says 'this recipe has been triple tested' by home economists (or whatever wank she came out with) I don't believe her.

Triple tested by whom? By whooooooom?

*Shakes fist at sky*

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I’m going to have ‘The ballad of Barry and Freda’ in my head all flipping day now, jeez, (#thanksJack - eyeroll).

(I jest, I jest. I love Victoria Wood, so this is the one and only time that a Monroe tweet has had a beneficial effect! Thanks Fraus for posting lovely Vicky. Very much missed.)

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Cringing at Jack crowbarring that coat rack quip in yet again. Yes, yes, what a rapier wit you are, how we all laughed and clapped etc.

(Did a fellow Frau triangulate that description of JRM to someone else long before Jack, or am I making that up?)
Yep - here!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm not sure if the photo in the magazine is Jack's. If not then presumably the home ec people who did take it have gone rogue. Quite rightly too, because who the duck would roast chicken thighs skin side down?

(I am procrastinating, so have just skimmed the previews of the first 3 pages of a google search for chicken thigh recipes and every single one says ROAST SKIN SIDE UP, presumably because non of the authors are actual psychopaths)
I think the skin side down was her desperate attempt to justify it being quirky 'upside down' pineapple chicken. Regardless of the fact that this would result in a vile slimy texture.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.