Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can we have a caterpillar cake party on the anniversary of thread 31? (I want none of those med veg tray cake bakes)
I’ll bring Colin! We need someone for Curly, Wiggles, Cecil, Morris, Clyde, Frieda and Curious. Plus Cuthbert if they’ve started reselling him by then.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I’ll bring Colin! We need someone for Curly, Wiggles, Cecil, Morris, Clyde and Curious. Plus Cuthbert if they’ve started reselling him by then.
I love all those names put together! I don't eat caterpillar cakes, but will be excited to be adjacent to the choccy bugs, we'll need something for the vegans? Whole bananas and a tin of pineapple slices?

And everyone's favourite ice lolly!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
People-huv-tae-knowVIP Member
Today at 3:09 PM

I knew Tom Kitchin a little when I lived in Edinburgh 🔺️ He is a lovely guy, has time for everyone and cares about his work. He also has an honorary doctorate but in his case it's deserved and he does not go on about it.
A friend's son worked for him as a chef. He's apparently very good to his staff and also makes a big fuss of their families if they eat in one of his restaurants!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I love all those names put together! I don't eat caterpillar cakes, but will be excited to be adjacent to the choccy bugs, we'll need something for the vegans? Whole bananas and a tin of pineapple slices?

I'll bake a vegan caterpillar cake but will only share it with those who have been in my vagina.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 79
People-huv-tae-knowVIP Member
Today at 3:09 PM

A friend's son worked for him as a chef. He's apparently very good to his staff and also makes a big fuss of their families if they eat in one of his restaurants!
TBH I've not liked him since the time he made that nice junior chef cry on telly.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

Fear not, the Vegan Kind supermarket do a vegan one! He's called Archie.

ETA - Actually, inspecting the picture he doesn't look a patch on Colin. Sorry vegans.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
Ugh, our old nemesis Corner Shop Jack. Remember when Starburst were Opal Fruits? Freddos used to be 10p! I'm sure Curly Wurlys were bigger etc.

I heard on vegan Insta that two commercially available caterpillar cakes are the on the way, lads! One's coming soon to The Vegan Kind supermarket, we'll have plenty of time to get one in before the big day.

Screenshot_20210430-175145_Instagram.jpg

ETA: pipped to the post by Studley. Yes he does look absolutely terrifying.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
😂 Can you imagine how many ring binders she'd need for printing off 186 threads!
You guys I’m scared. She’s got a 100% record at winning these things. I’m going to fashion myself a bunker out of Tesco med veg bake trays sealed with date syrup and sprinkled with yellowish-orange dust for extra disguise.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
another sweets thread?! boring 😴

Screenshot_20210430-174857_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210430-174903_Twitter.jpg

I treated myself to a reread of thread 31 earlier. I just wanted to remind myself of "sad little face". she'd given up printing it all out by then 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.