Jack Monroe #185 Serves zero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s not a low sugar cake if it’s drenched in date syrup??

Also, and I hope I’m way off the mark with this, is multiple low sugar recipes another cancer treatment breadcrumb? There’s lots of studies looking into the as yet undetermined relationship between sugar and tumour growth, and someone I know with liver cancer went on a low sugar/carb diet to see if it would support their main treatment

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
So to confirm, in Jack's world, salt is salt is salt, but sugar isn't sugar isn't sugar

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
There's no way either of those cakes can be removed from that tin without a chisel, so I hope she's staying near a B&Q.
I am so very skeptical about the way all her baked goods are photographed still in the tin. Look at that leaden lump of a cake - she hasn't taken it out to cool, she's left it in there long enough to ice. Expect sogginess throughout!

You had a great point the other day about how everything she cooks is perfect and amazing. I have a friend who's a chef - as in, culinary school and ten years of experience - and she's always critiquing her own food. I think that's common for most people I know who make things, whether that's food, art, crafts, whatever. I don't know anyone who produces 100% perfection all the time...except, apparently, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I’m sure the photo they have used is an improvement on the original?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Their pineapple chicken recipe is in Delicious magazine. After a letter to the creator of the tin can
Also, it says 'serve hot, warm, or fridge cold', while her Del Monte Upside Down Pineapple Chicken recipe says 'serve hot'?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I think possibly everybody involved expects somebody else to have tried, edited, tested etc which is why this nonsense gets out into the world.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.