Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
It's just such a broad statement, that's all.

Europe is so extensive- you can literally do anything holiday wise within Europe.

Go and see glaciers in Norway.
Christmas markets and Charles Bridge in Prague.
See the cliffs in Croatia
Boat ride in the French Riviera.
Explore the Greek Islands
Go to the opera in Vienna.
The Collesuem and ancient Rome.
The Amalfi Coast in Italy.
Skogafoss waterfall in Iceland.
Cycling around Amsterdam.
Thermal baths in Budapest.
Gondola ride in Venice.
Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way.
The walls of Dubrovnik.
Tuscan vineyards.
The lavender fields in Provence
Explore some of the most famous cities in the world like Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Athens, Berlin etc.

I just think that there is so much to see/do in Europe that you shouldn't dismiss it entirely.

Reactions: 15

ElectricDreams

VIP Member
We had our holiday plans for this year cancelled 3 weeks before we travelled (supposed to be doing a cruise out of Jamaica). So very last minute we booked a bargain Hurtigruten voyage style cruise from Bergen to Kirkenes and back again in Norway. Just got back this morning and it was absolutely amazing. Norway has had some terribe weather recently so we were very lucky that we had beautiful weather and calm seas.

We saw the Northern lights multiple times, had a husky ride, rose horses along the beach under the stars and saw the most beautiful scenery. I would recommend it to anyone who would like to see a bit of Norway. Beware though, Norway is eyewateringly expensive!

• Heart

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
Persistence has paid off. Got it today for £790. It’s now up to £998. Kinda takes the sting out of losing out on a new house 🙂

• Heart

geewhizz

New York next week 💃🏽 and a few other things booked abroad but taking it as it comes as god knows what will happen 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 13

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I might have posted this before but me and old dear go to Blackpool each year.

I booked our week in August today. £1000 for the 2 of us - all inclusive.

The reason I went for all inclusive is because you get a bus pass, packed lunch, bingo tickets and free bar. You always got your bus pass with this company - until last year.

I do think the cost is over the top/profiteering!!!

To be honest, I'm going to be struggling to pay for this holiday.

Does anyone want to buy a kidney???
A grand to go to BLACKPOOL…..!

Fuck that!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart

prozacprincess

VIP Member
Off to Madeira next week for 10 days.
Looking forward to some sun, long hikes and sea swimming, that doesn’t involve layers of neoprene to keep me from freezing to death 😂

We go away usually between each work contract but don’t decide where until a couple of weeks before, unless it’s somewhere we have in mind that involves visas. We once decided on a destination at the airport by looking at the departure board and buying a ticket 🎫 😎

• Wow
  • Heart

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I'm currently on a train to Heathrow and hopefully flying to San Francisco tomorrow for my 2 year delayed 40th hol! Been testing and isolating all week so hopefully the final hurdle of a supervised lateral flow won't scupper it 🤞🤞🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 12

LittleMy

VIP Member
No holidays abroad for us this year but we’ve just booked Orlando for 2023 - hopeful that all goes to plan. 🤞🏻

Our little boys will be 6 and 8 by then so can’t wait to tell them much closer to the time, they’ll lose their minds.

• Heart

follyol

We have just come back from ten days in Mauritius… wouldn’t necessarily go back but nice for some sun and covid wise the requirements weren’t ridiculous.

I know some people are waiting till things go back to ‘normal’ but I honestly don’t think they ever will or certainly not anytime soon so I say get your holidays booked! ☀☀☀

We also have weddings in Seville and Italy in June and August as well as our own wedding in November so it’s going to be an expensive year 😭 though I suppose there’s worse problems to have!

• Heart

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I think a lot of you need to relax on this thread. There is no need to call me a snob and ignorant. If I don’t want to go to Europe, I don’t want to go to Europe . It is really that simple. If I say “I find Europe boring and I have also enjoyed holidays in Europe” that is my opinion and my experience. You do not need to be offended and personally attacked. You are rude as hell.

that is totally fine about Cancun, I’m still planning whether I actually want to go there, or just Tulum and explore places in Mexico.

i also didn’t plan to just do “beach holidays” for my 30th. Whether I went to St Lucia for the body holiday or Mexico, or wherever else I decide I was going to fully explore and enjoy the holiday and not just sit on the beach.
And if I did decide to that, and still said I find Europe boring then so be it. Relax

hey hey, thanks.It was very condescending, and that’s why I chose not to respond.
Totally agree with everything else you said, re: MEXiCO, still exploring my options. I’m going to extend it to at least 10 days, and I might leave Cancun out and instead do Playa de Carmen (although I’ve heard mixed things), might go to Cozumel for a few nights on my way to Tulum, and also there are other places that have been suggested and I’ve comes across from my research that I’m thinking of incorporating.
I’m really excited to visit tulum, it’s absolutely stunning and I’ve heard great things.
Might do Cancun/Playa de C x Cozumel x Tulum depending

we’ll see!
I agree, there is no need for name calling - but you must see how dismissing an entire continent is definitely a tad ignorant? And I mean that in the truest sense of the word - 'lacking knowledge or awareness in general.'

There are 44 countries in Europe. To state that they are all boring is in fact ignorant.

Reactions: 10

Baby Giraffe

VIP Member
I’m due to fly from Dublin to London on Saturday for the weekend, but I’m thinking of canceling the trip following the news of the Queen’s death. I don’t know what to do, might not be the right time for a touristy trip.
Why would you cancel? I presume you're not part of the RF and therefore not personally connected. It's sad when anybody dies and she was a constant for a long time but she was an elderly lady and it wasn't unexpected. There is absolutely reason for you to miss a holiday

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
It’s the in laws first choice and I know better than to argue with them! 😂 I think it’s generally a bit more picturesque and you’re guaranteed a bit better/hotter weather than Spain especially not in the height of summer.
I thought this post was a bout Blackpool for a moment, what with the quote being below 😂

• Haha

Happy Lady

VIP Member
Covid won't stop me holidaying in my touring caravan. We've already booked Devon, Chichester, Angelsey, North Wales, Norfolk, Yorkshire Moors, Whitby, Southport, Chester, and will enjoy them all throughout this year. When the sun shines there's nowhere better than the UK. 🌞😁

• Heart

under the ivy

VIP Member
For those posting about Palma - really recommend 49 Steps and Mar de Nudos near the port area for food/cocktails. Had a lovely bottomless brunch in Palma Nova at a place called Barbuda also.

This was the view from 49 Steps 😍

45D1B3A9-82F9-4CCC-AC11-3C8525BD9FC6.jpeg

• Heart