Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Holidays are way to expensive now and I think it’s discusting what companies are charging ! At least nearly double up what I paid 2 years ago ….some 3-4 times the price ….I’m surprised so many families are financially able to go …. I honestly love a holiday but I can’t justify the price and seeing all the chaos at airports now just sends shivers down my spine …. I’m really hoping next year - year after prices start coming back down 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
You can definitely go on holiday and it be affordable but you have to forget about using tour operators or looking for all inclusive package holidays.

Hey, going to Tenerife soon has anyone flew from East Midlands in the last few weeks and what’s it been like, been or okay? We’ve got our taxi booked early enough but still keep worrying incase it’s so busy and flying with young ones too 🙈

Why are the delays only being experienced in the UK? And why are they mainly TUI? I agree with the poster who thinks they may go into Administration.

Why are the delays only being experienced in the UK? And why are they mainly TUI? I agree with the poster who thinks they may go into Administration.
I think delays are everwhere to be honest. Dublin and Schipol Airports being two notable examples - over 1000 people missed flights from Dub on Sunday and 5 hour long queues in Schipol all over the news

Reactions: 2
It's happening across the world as so many staff were laid off during covid and to come back they have to renew their training before they can come back and airlines can't get it done fast enough. Plus they are having to rehire because loads they laid off don't want to come back.

Reactions: 3
Apparently it happened in Dublin too and in Amsterdam Schiphol due to lack of staff.

I think delays are everwhere to be honest. Dublin and Schipol Airports being two notable examples - over 1000 people missed flights from Dub on Sunday and 5 hour long queues in Schipol all over the news
Sorry, didn't see your message.
I am not sure it will happen everywhere in Europe though. Probably also depends on the airport staff status and contracts. For ex French state still possesses around 50% of the Paris Airports group.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Looking for a holiday in Greece for next summer for me, my partner, mother and father in law and 2 kids - they will be 4 and 20 months. Doesn’t matter if it’s mainland Greece or a Greek island as long as it’s child friendly. Would ideally like a 4 bed villa (although could compromise on a 3 bed) with a private pool, but all the villas I can find are all in beautiful locations in the middle of nowhere - great for a couples holiday but no good with kids. Was really looking to find somewhere within a 5 minute walk to the beach and the town so ideal for children and no real need to hire a car. Has anyone been on a holiday like this that can give recommendations on an area to go to? Any help with this would be so appreciated - first abroad holiday with the kiddie winks! Thanks

Looking for a holiday in Greece for next summer for me, my partner, mother and father in law and 2 kids - they will be 4 and 20 months. Doesn’t matter if it’s mainland Greece or a Greek island as long as it’s child friendly. Would ideally like a 4 bed villa (although could compromise on a 3 bed) with a private pool, but all the villas I can find are all in beautiful locations in the middle of nowhere - great for a couples holiday but no good with kids. Was really looking to find somewhere within a 5 minute walk to the beach and the town so ideal for children and no real need to hire a car. Has anyone been on a holiday like this that can give recommendations on an area to go to? Any help with this would be so appreciated - first abroad holiday with the kiddie winks! Thanks
Is there a reason you want to go to Greece? What you have described there is something you could easily find in Spain, the Balearic’s, Canaries etc etc etc

Was due to go to Bulgaria last night from Birmingham, 6 hour delay then told to go home with no flight before Wednesday. Had an email this morning to say there’s a flight tomorrow afternoon which is showing on TUI website but not Birmingham airport’s.
We get £350 pp delay compensation, £150 per household for the extra food needed yesterday and then 2 nights of the holiday reimbursed and £200pp vouchers- which will probably be void as they will no doubt go into administration after this!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Was due to go to Bulgaria last night from Birmingham, 6 hour delay then told to go home with no flight before Wednesday. Had an email this morning to say there’s a flight tomorrow afternoon which is showing on TUI website but not Birmingham airport’s.
We get £350 pp delay compensation, £150 per household for the extra food needed yesterday and then 2 nights of the holiday reimbursed and £200pp vouchers- which will probably be void as they will no doubt go into administration after this!
Shitting it as I'm supposed to be going to Florida next tomorrow hopefully they don't go under while I'm there 😳.

TUI aren't going into administration. They are one of the most financially stable travel companies out there.

Reactions: 5
I took my 2 children to Zakinthos in 2019 and we loved it - hotel by the beach (Sentido Louis Playgos) but with pools and a variety of day trips on offer. Thoroughly recommend.

Reactions: 1
I might have posted this before but me and old dear go to Blackpool each year.

I booked our week in August today. £1000 for the 2 of us - all inclusive.

The reason I went for all inclusive is because you get a bus pass, packed lunch, bingo tickets and free bar. You always got your bus pass with this company - until last year.

I do think the cost is over the top/profiteering!!!

To be honest, I'm going to be struggling to pay for this holiday.

Does anyone want to buy a kidney???

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I might have posted this before but me and old dear go to Blackpool each year.

I booked our week in August today. £1000 for the 2 of us - all inclusive.

The reason I went for all inclusive is because you get a bus pass, packed lunch, bingo tickets and free bar. You always got your bus pass with this company - until last year.

I do think the cost is over the top/profiteering!!!

To be honest, I'm going to be struggling to pay for this holiday.

Does anyone want to buy a kidney???
A grand to go to BLACKPOOL…..!

duck that!!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s the in laws first choice and I know better than to argue with them! 😂 I think it’s generally a bit more picturesque and you’re guaranteed a bit better/hotter weather than Spain especially not in the height of summer.
Is there a reason you want to go to Greece? What you have described there is something you could easily find in Spain, the Balearic’s, Canaries etc etc etc

It’s the in laws first choice and I know better than to argue with them! 😂 I think it’s generally a bit more picturesque and you’re guaranteed a bit better/hotter weather than Spain especially not in the height of summer.
I thought this post was a bout Blackpool for a moment, what with the quote being below 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.