Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can I ask where you stayed? We’ve considered this in the past!
We stayed on Boa Vista which is the more unspoilt of the two main tourist islands. If being able to get in the sea is important to you, go to a hotel on the North West coast as beaches on the south are nearly always red flagged.

It's very unspoiled and rugged. It's not for everyone but I loved it.

Reactions: 3
I have been to Cape Verde twice.

I preferred Sal to Boa Vista. Little bit more to do and the sea has more green days than Boa Vista.

All the Riu's are fairly similar and you know what you're getting.

Reactions: 2
A little over 4k, obviously i’m not sure what dates you’re restricted to and i had to just make up childrens ages so I don’t know if that changes things, but have a play around. I stayed here in Mexico with my boyfriend and it is a brilliant hotel and resort, it would be great for kids. There’s a massive lazy river too 😂 View attachment 1114038
Is this a Tui resort? My husband and I have never been to any resort before, but I’ve been down a rabbit hole looking at Tui resorts worldwide last couple of days and looking at what they offer, it looks interesting, good quality and good value!

At your Mexican resort, how easy/hard was it to do some day trips off site? Is it something that the resort might organise? We like cruises and these resort things remind me a bit of that, sort of like a stationary cruise ☺

Re-booked flights to Spanish Basque for the second time, so now due to go in September this year.

I already spent hours researching which pintxos (regional tapas) I want and where.

Third time lucky I hope. If this date doesn’t happen then I give up 😆
Ok...the airline changed our flight date to Basque (Bilbao airport, then we were gonna head down to San Sebastián) so we took it as fate or God or something doesn’t want us to go 😂. I’m disappointed as I wanted to stuff myself with tapas. I did loads of research and everything, which tapas I wanted and where!

We’ve booked 7 nights Disney Cruise to Norwegian Fjords instead.

Last edited:
Can anyone recommend somewhere nice to go in October. Would like warm weather and suitable for kids. We were considering Florida, but it was pricing up at 8grand. I'm also worried, the kids will not be getting vaccinated and someone said the US might make vaccines mandatory for entry. I did consider Mexico but it wasn't much cheaper. Ideally would like to spend less than 4grand for at least a week.
We haven't been away in four years so really want a nice holiday.
Vaccines for over 18s are currently mandatory for entry to the US, but who knows what rules will change over time. ☺

We stayed on Boa Vista which is the more unspoilt of the two main tourist islands. If being able to get in the sea is important to you, go to a hotel on the North West coast as beaches on the south are nearly always red flagged.

It's very unspoiled and rugged. It's not for everyone but I loved it.
I have been to Cape Verde twice.

I preferred Sal to Boa Vista. Little bit more to do and the sea has more green days than Boa Vista.

All the Riu's are fairly similar and you know what you're getting.
Thank you both, good to know. RIU were actually what I looked at when I did look at there as we stayed in a RIU in Jamaica and were very impressed with it.
Is this a Tui resort? My husband and I have never been to any resort before, but I’ve been down a rabbit hole looking at Tui resorts worldwide last couple of days and looking at what they offer, it looks interesting, good quality and good value!

At your Mexican resort, how easy/hard was it to do some day trips off site? Is it something that the resort might organise? We like cruises and these resort things remind me a bit of that, sort of like a stationary cruise ☺
Hey! We did book it through TUI but I don’t think they own it in any way - they did have reps there on certain days. It was utterly brilliant the hotel, so beautiful. It’s really big, we found it worth more than what we actually paid for two weeks (Around 1,300 I think with extra legroom on flight). The room was beautiful and so was the bath, the mini bar and optics, the bed was comfy, our view though not a sea view was a garden view and it was lovely as I saw a monkey one day 😊 In terms of things to do on site, it’s got a huge lazy river, 3/4 pools too which were all pretty big. It had a number of speciality restaurants: Brazilian, Greek/Mediterranean, Japanese, Steakhouse, Italian, French, Thai, Mexican - we went for 2 weeks so we could pick I think it was either 2 or 3 for each week we were there. Then there’s 2 big buffet restaurants which did really good food - my boyfriend is fussy. They had themed nights in there too. The bars are lovely. You’ve got concierges for each block who help you too. It’s actually a gorgeous resort to walk around because of the greenery and wildlife (nothing dangerous lol), like the beach is lovely with hammocks and there’s bikes you can go on etc and other activities. Then you’ve also got the spa which I really recommend, it is simply stunning. I’ll see if I can attach some pics.

In terms of activities, we went to Tulum, Xel Ha and X-caret, we went to Chichen Itza (this is the longer day but it is regardless of where you stay because it’s best to get there early, it was our only early start), we went to a cenote and Coco Bongos. The majority of which we booked through TUI but you could do yourself. Things we just did ourself were going to Senor Frogs, Playa del Carmen for shopping - we literally just walked out to the main road and got in a Mexican like mini bus looool. We went to Cozumel too which was cool. You could probably organise bits independently or through TUI or through the hotel - there was tour things there that weren’t airline/holiday company specific from memory.

Honestly I really, really, recommend. We’d go back in a heartbeat.

If you can bare to watch then Youtuber Sydney May Crouch went there at Christmas!
C79556A3-56CB-4187-A0F2-3424BECCF1D2.jpeg
12E99712-ECE5-4C06-A640-3E8D8CCD5A31.jpeg
7B1FA07F-5523-425B-A270-9A6D21DF62C8.jpeg
1DB569CD-194A-437B-BACF-6849A1C5A617.jpeg
D38DC44B-51AF-48D5-B69F-B0B1E877E553.jpeg
0FB2A1D6-7BD9-43CF-A6E0-ECA7C82CE16A.jpeg
DFCDE728-EB02-4D78-A92C-7A5C3258F192.jpeg
EC9B8277-1D09-4C92-80A1-78976E6819DD.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Hey! We did book it through TUI but I don’t think they own it in any way - they did have reps there on certain days. It was utterly brilliant the hotel, so beautiful. It’s really big, we found it worth more than what we actually paid for two weeks (Around 1,300 I think with extra legroom on flight). The room was beautiful and so was the bath, the mini bar and optics, the bed was comfy, our view though not a sea view was a garden view and it was lovely as I saw a monkey one day 😊 In terms of things to do on site, it’s got a huge lazy river, 3/4 pools too which were all pretty big. It had a number of speciality restaurants: Brazilian, Greek/Mediterranean, Japanese, Steakhouse, Italian, French, Thai, Mexican - we went for 2 weeks so we could pick I think it was either 2 or 3 for each week we were there. Then there’s 2 big buffet restaurants which did really good food - my boyfriend is fussy. They had themed nights in there too. The bars are lovely. You’ve got concierges for each block who help you too. It’s actually a gorgeous resort to walk around because of the greenery and wildlife (nothing dangerous lol), like the beach is lovely with hammocks and there’s bikes you can go on etc and other activities. Then you’ve also got the spa which I really recommend, it is simply stunning. I’ll see if I can attach some pics.

In terms of activities, we went to Tulum, Xel Ha and X-caret, we went to Chichen Itza (this is the longer day but it is regardless of where you stay because it’s best to get there early, it was our only early start), we went to a cenote and Coco Bongos. The majority of which we booked through TUI but you could do yourself. Things we just did ourself were going to Senor Frogs, Playa del Carmen for shopping - we literally just walked out to the main road and got in a Mexican like mini bus looool. We went to Cozumel too which was cool. You could probably organise bits independently or through TUI or through the hotel - there was tour things there that weren’t airline/holiday company specific from memory.

If you can bare to watch then Youtuber Sydney May Crouch went there at Christmas!
Thank you so much for the info, hugely appreciated! It looks and sounds fab, with everything on site (to high standard) plus the ability to go out and explore a bit too. Exactly what I was hoping for!

Will work on convincing my husband. He’s been to Mexico several times but I’ve never been.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m just about to book Bergen in Norway for a weekend in may! I’m so excited, always wanted to go to Norway, I’m just hoping putin doesn’t put a spanner in the works 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m just about to book Bergen in Norway for a weekend in may! I’m so excited, always wanted to go to Norway, I’m just hoping putin doesn’t put a spanner in the works 🤦‍♀️
I'd love to go to Norway, it's in my top 5 places I want to visit! v jealous of you haha🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My husbands just booked New York in august, for my 30th birthday, we’ve been in the winter but we’ve never been in summer… any helpful tips? We’re staying in times sq

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you both, good to know. RIU were actually what I looked at when I did look at there as we stayed in a RIU in Jamaica and were very impressed with it.

Looks and sounds amazing! We were supposed to go to Mexico on a cruise in February but it was cancelled, so I looked at a land holiday there instead. Seems like there was lots to do which is what we like, couldn't bear to spend a fortnight sitting round a pool! We didn't go in the end, we opted for a cruise to the Arctic Circle instead 🤣

• Heart
We are booked for Turkey in 17 days (and counting).... we booked it over 18 months ago when our 2020 holiday got cancelled due to Covid, so it has been a long time coming.
We also have a week in Great Yarmouth with our god daughters in October.
We would usually look at something inbetween, around July ish, but it's my 40th, my sister in laws hen do and wedding this year so can't fit it in!

I'm currently on a train to Heathrow and hopefully flying to San Francisco tomorrow for my 2 year delayed 40th hol! Been testing and isolating all week so hopefully the final hurdle of a supervised lateral flow won't scupper it 🤞🤞🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I feel you @Monkeybum! We’re off to nyc next Saturday and I’m already scared the test will come back positive even though we’ve been super careful.
Fingers crossed for you and have a great time!

I feel you @Monkeybum! We’re off to nyc next Saturday and I’m already scared the test will come back positive even though we’ve been super careful.
Fingers crossed for you and have a great time!
Same here! Well we travel in 2 weeks…Kids at school and OT works out the house and I’m already having sleepless nights over the test 😳😳😳😳

• Heart
Same here, got one next Thursday. Going to test the day before and on the day as well anyway before the 'main' test. Proper annoying little hurdle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.