Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

frattlethebed

Looking for a holiday in Greece for next summer for me, my partner, mother and father in law and 2 kids - they will be 4 and 20 months. Doesn’t matter if it’s mainland Greece or a Greek island as long as it’s child friendly. Would ideally like a 4 bed villa (although could compromise on a 3 bed) with a private pool, but all the villas I can find are all in beautiful locations in the middle of nowhere - great for a couples holiday but no good with kids. Was really looking to find somewhere within a 5 minute walk to the beach and the town so ideal for children and no real need to hire a car. Has anyone been on a holiday like this that can give recommendations on an area to go to? Any help with this would be so appreciated - first abroad holiday with the kiddie winks! Thanks

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
It is great weather then, that is when we go but if you are going to book it make sure you do not travel during TET which is Lunar New Year. Just had a look and it is on 21st - 27th Jan 2023 which is quite early. 2024 is 9th - 15th Feb. Everybody and their granny travels to their home towns and the trains and other transport are packed, lots of shops are closed for a few days and restaurant prices are increased.
Thank you! Glad you said as the date I was looking at was the 20th feb. Is there any other time of the year you’d recommend or not recommend? If you know as I know you’ve said you usually got feb/March time.
Other dates that fit for my work schedule so I can get 3 weeks off are May, June, August, September or November.

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
loads! Have you ever been before or will it be your first time?
First time. Solo traveller and not really done city breaks before (Aside from Dubai). Mainly good food and nice gardens/places to wander round.

Will mainly walk around or maybe the Metro, is it easy to use?

aimz_yeah

Chatty Member
Has anyone been to Spain, specifically Barcelona recently? Just wondering how much mask wearing is still a thing over there?

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Anyone have any advice?
We had flights booked for the end of October with RyanAir. Logged in to their website for check in and it said the flights had been cancelled. Followed their website instructions to either refund or change the flights free of charge. So we changed the flights and it made us pay £320 so we paid thinking it won’t get charged or we’d get it back. But now they are saying because we didn’t receive an email to say they were cancelled the charges apply, even though when logged into the website it said they got cancelled and we could change them for free.

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
Narrowed down my options.
Has anyone been to Pamukkale and/or cappadocia in turkey, are they worth visiting?
Can’t decide between turkey or the Philippines but really the time of the year I want to go turkey would be best. I could change the timing but June would work best for me with work.