Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think there's been a thread posted for this year so thought it might be nice to share our plans and general holiday chit chat

What's everyone planning for this year?

Reactions: 5
Haven’t been away with my kids for 3 years as I lost job when covid started and my car engine failed so that had to go. Previously been many UK breaks like Isle of Wight which I really want to return to.

I’ve just got a new job finally last month so I hope to buy a car and take them away although the prices have increased since going abroad is a palaver so I don’t know but I hope to find something cheap and cheerful.

I really would like to go Cornwall or Wales as looks so beautiful and I have never been. Devon is lovely but it’s a 6 hour drive for me so I would need a longer break just to take into account the travelling.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hoping for the US in the Spring. Really really hoping for SE Asia towards the end of the year - either Thailand or Vietnam. Vietnam still closed for tourist visas I believe but Thailand have/had a few a schemes open recently.

No holidays abroad for us this year but we’ve just booked Orlando for 2023 - hopeful that all goes to plan. 🤞🏻

Our little boys will be 6 and 8 by then so can’t wait to tell them much closer to the time, they’ll lose their minds.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Noting abroad this year, just weekends away here and there. But hoping for a week away in August. Just need to plan where!

Reactions: 3
I've booked my hotel for Amsterdam in late April. I've never been before and want to go in April to see the tulip gardens/farm. I really want to get the Hull to Rotterdam ferry to get there but P&O have suspended the coach transfer from Rotterdam port to Amsterdam and apparently there's no other public trasport from the port there, so looks like I might have to fly :(

Reactions: 4
I want to travel to South Africa or Namibia for a couple of weeks to do a safari. Covid throwing a spanner in the works though.

In terms of Europe, I quite fancy going to Spain, I never get bored of Andalucia. Plus it is relaxing and easy to organise.

Got sorrento Italy booked for a week in June and 4 nights in Lisbon in august. Hoping to sneak a few nights in Dubai in March but won’t book until last minute. Really wanted to go to Caribbean last week as usually go away the first week in January but didn’t want to travel with the pre departure test.. which they have just got rid off!… so went to Scotland instead lol

Got sorrento Italy booked for a week in June and 4 nights in Lisbon in august. Hoping to sneak a few nights in Dubai in March but won’t book until last minute. Really wanted to go to Caribbean last week as usually go away the first week in January but didn’t want to travel with the pre departure test.. which they have just got rid off!… so went to Scotland instead lol
I went to Sorrento for a week in June a few years ago, I know it's a touristy destination but I loved getting the train every morning to a different archaeological site then returning in the afternoon for a G&T or cocktail in one of the many bars in Sorrento.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I am not committing to anything this year until this Covid thing is truly under control. Therefore I will stay either on campus at UMIST or visit family in France. But I would like to visit Spain, Portugal and/or Italy soon. Perhaps 2023.

Reactions: 2
I've booked my hotel for Amsterdam in late April. I've never been before and want to go in April to see the tulip gardens/farm. I really want to get the Hull to Rotterdam ferry to get there but P&O have suspended the coach transfer from Rotterdam port to Amsterdam and apparently there's no other public trasport from the port there, so looks like I might have to fly :(
Could you get the ferry from Newcastle? It goes to Amsterdam?

I’ve got a holiday to Spain booked (which is a holiday that has been moved 3 times due to covid 😩), and a cruise with wider family that has also moved due to covid.

Can’t see the cruise happening because of the restrictions for children which sound no fun for them, highly likely we will cancel and I’m not moving it again, will just loose the low deposit I paid back in 2019 (crazy!!!)

Reactions: 1
We are supposed to be going to Abu Dhabi next week to go see my husband finally
I’m so worried about getting covid though as it’s rife where I am!
Orlando for September but I’m dreading it already

Reactions: 1
I'm still too scared to book anything concrete yet and I'm meant to be putting every penny towards buying a house this year, but I'm hoping to go to Paris in August for the Rock En Seine music festival and a long weekend after to recover! And also maybe Copenhagen in May/June :)

• Heart
Going to West Palm Beach in June
Hopefully a long weekend in Malta or Greece at some point in September
Planning an Xmas/NYE holiday this year too! Friends of ours just got back from The Bahamas and made us very jealous!

• Heart
Could you get the ferry from Newcastle? It goes to Amsterdam?

I’ve got a holiday to Spain booked (which is a holiday that has been moved 3 times due to covid 😩), and a cruise with wider family that has also moved due to covid.

Can’t see the cruise happening because of the restrictions for children which sound no fun for them, highly likely we will cancel and I’m not moving it again, will just loose the low deposit I paid back in 2019 (crazy!!!)
I didn't know there was another one! I just looked now and it's cheaper too! Will get the ferry there and fly back :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Supposedly West Coast US in March and Florida in August. Whether either will happen is another matter 🤞😂

• Heart
Sorrento is gorgeous, one of my favourite places in Europe. Did Pompeii, Herculaneum, Amalfi drive, Capri, Naples, lots of hanging out in lovely Sorrento itself. It was idyllic.

I went to Sorrento for a week in June a few years ago, I know it's a touristy destination but I loved getting the train every morning to a different archaeological site then returning in the afternoon for a G&T or cocktail in one of the many bars in Sorrento.
It was just gorgeous, I'll be back.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.