Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a few new things since the last time I went like The Edge and The Vessel that I really want to visit. I really need to explore Greenwich village/soho more as I seem to spend a lot of time around midtown, I just love the Times Square area so much, I know it’s bright and trashy and touristy but it just makes me feel like I’m home 😍. I also want to explore more of Central Park as again I always seem to stick to the bottom part lol. I know loads of people don’t get New York, but it just feel magical to me!

If it wasn’t for the fact I now have a puppy and already have two holidays booked this year I would have booked a New York trip! Damn you Ted the miniature schnauzer 🤣
I’m going for the first time in five weeks and your enthusiasm for NY is making me so excited 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 1
‘If you plan to pass through another country to return to the UK, check the travel advice for the country you’re transiting. If you will pass through a red list country, book your hotel quarantine package before travelling to the UK.’

does this also mean if I’m getting a connecting flight when coming back to the uk?? (Not leaving airport)

‘If you plan to pass through another country to return to the UK, check the travel advice for the country you’re transiting. If you will pass through a red list country, book your hotel quarantine package before travelling to the UK.’

does this also mean if I’m getting a connecting flight when coming back to the uk?? (Not leaving airport)
I think so, but isn’t that guidance out of date? There are no red list countries anymore

Covid won't stop me holidaying in my touring caravan. We've already booked Devon, Chichester, Angelsey, North Wales, Norfolk, Yorkshire Moors, Whitby, Southport, Chester, and will enjoy them all throughout this year. When the sun shines there's nowhere better than the UK. 🌞😁

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We had our holiday plans for this year cancelled 3 weeks before we travelled (supposed to be doing a cruise out of Jamaica). So very last minute we booked a bargain Hurtigruten voyage style cruise from Bergen to Kirkenes and back again in Norway. Just got back this morning and it was absolutely amazing. Norway has had some terribe weather recently so we were very lucky that we had beautiful weather and calm seas.

We saw the Northern lights multiple times, had a husky ride, rose horses along the beach under the stars and saw the most beautiful scenery. I would recommend it to anyone who would like to see a bit of Norway. Beware though, Norway is eyewateringly expensive!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We‘re off to New York City at the end of March (pushed from December) and I want to visit friends and family in London/Wales soon after.

Also talked about a girls trip at the beginning of June but nothing booked yet.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Nice mix of beach, clubs and nature would be great and also not too far away (max 3 hours flight from Germany).

Wales (snowdon) for half term next week
Spain for two weeks over Easter was supposed to go in 2020
Hopefully the Far East end of July with extended family 🤞🤞

We‘re off to New York City at the end of March (pushed from December) and I want to visit friends and family in London/Wales soon after.

Also talked about a girls trip at the beginning of June but nothing booked yet.
Does anyone have any recommendations? Nice mix of beach, clubs and nature would be great and also not too far away (max 3 hours flight from Germany).
Croatia sprang to mind immediately, followed by somewhere like Mykonos or Santorini.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Definitely somewhere hot, a beach! No-no would be bad weather.
What's the max you're willing to travel? Do you want to venture out or just stay in the hotel/resort? What's your budget and how long for? Are you bothered about in a place where the culture is quite different or do you prefer to feel around familiar things?

Happy to make suggestions but need a bit more info.

What's the max you're willing to travel? Do you want to venture out or just stay in the hotel/resort? What's your budget and how long for? Are you bothered about in a place where the culture is quite different or do you prefer to feel around familiar things?

Happy to make suggestions but need a bit more info.
Thank you so much!! Appreciate it! :)

Travelling far is fine, but it will be for 2 weeks only so don't want to lose too much time. Has to be a nice resort but also want to venture out. Budget is £6k (for two people). New cultures are good!

Travelling far is fine, but it will be for 2 weeks only so don't want to lose too much time. Has to be a nice resort but also want to venture out. Budget is £6k (for two people). New cultures are good!
Not 1000% on the weather for July, we went in June to Mexico a couple of years ago and we had a couple of afternoons of a bit of rain but it was still roasting hot. We stayed in the Grand Sirenis Resort and Spa in Riviera Maya and it was wonderful 🤍 also loved Jamaica where we stayed in Negril at the RIU Palace Tropical Bay. They should both be within budget but obviously check the weather average for that time of year. Plenty to do in both resorts as well as venturing out if you wanted to.

Has anyone got any hotel recommendations of where to stay in Croatia for example or even what the best part of like Ibiza would be? (hotel recs if you have them!) Like old town part maybe but could still go into the San Antonio bit as I think that’s where the party bit is?

• Heart
M

Mexico is always a good value for money choice. July is generally fine weather wise. Only downside I would say is that they have an awful problem in most of the Caribbean at the moment with sargassum. It's a sort of seaweed that is crippling the beaches out there at the moment. Literally diggers have to remove it every morning but there's loads of it in the sea too. If you don't plan on going in the sea, you're fine. If you don't like it too busy avoid the Cancun area.

Dom Rep again has horrendous sargassum problems.

I loved Cuba but know it's not for everyone. It's rough around the edges and not to the standard of the rest of the Caribbean but the culture is fab and the beaches are incredible.

All three are well within your budget.

You could also get a middle of the range Maldives resort for that money at that time if year.

Mauritius also an option but won't be as hot as Caribbean.

How do you feel about a cruise? Great way to see a lot of a place and culture.

• Heart
Any recommendations of things to do in Edinburgh? Or food places? Going in summer. Things that don’t include much walking as one of the people I’m going with can’t walk far

• Heart
Any recommendations of things to do in Edinburgh? Or food places? Going in summer. Things that don’t include much walking as one of the people I’m going with can’t walk far
I loved the Surgeons' Hall Museum. I also did a bus tour.

I was hoping to go back to Scotland this year. Will be Dublin instead as plans have changed. Ah well!

Thanks all! Mexico was already at the top of my list to be honest so that's sold it 😄

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.