Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just about to book Bergen in Norway for a weekend in may! I’m so excited, always wanted to go to Norway, I’m just hoping putin doesn’t put a spanner in the works 🤦‍♀️
Bergen is lovely, I’ve been there many times. Norway is my favourite summer destination. Enjoy x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My dad just tested positive and even though he‘s not traveling with us I still live with him. Absolutely terrified now 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
We're off on a cruise next Tuesday so currently in a state of anxiety trying to avoid covid for the next week! I've got a few things I can't get out of, otherwise I'll be living like a hermit 🤣

Reactions: 5
We're off on a cruise next Tuesday so currently in a state of anxiety trying to avoid covid for the next week! I've got a few things I can't get out of, otherwise I'll be living like a hermit 🤣
Ooh exciting, hope it all goes well.
I booked a cruise this morning for late April so I’m hoping for good weather and lots frozen cocktails by the pool 😎

Reactions: 2
I have been on my travels already this year which is amazing... Venice and Florence in January for new year, then Barcelona in Feb, Rome this weekend.. not sure where for Easter but somewhere. I was trapped in Thailand for much of the early pandemic...great country but I have really seen every inch of it now, and being trapped somewhere is less fun haha, it will be a few years before I feel the desire to go back.

I live in Romania so don't need to worry about restrictions in the EU which is lovely. We are fully open for tourists here, it's a really beautiful country with great weather all spring and summer...people should visit! There are zero restrictions or mask wearing requirements though (most people do wear masks in supermarkets or on public transport).

Reactions: 6
I have booked Madrid for my boyfriends birthday for the end of April. So if anyone has any recommendations then please send them my way 😄 It’s meant to be around 18-20 degrees that time of year so fingers crossed.

I’ve seen that Easyjet have today dropped masks too for their flights.

Has anyone been to Spain recently? Seems like I don’t need a test but gov website suggests we could be asked to test after landing

• Heart
Reactions: 3
you need to wear a mask indoors but you won't be tested if you can prove you have had all 3 vaccines before coming! Celso y Manolo, Casa Macareno, Lobito de Mar are all great restaurants for local food - you will need to book all of them in advance. Macera Taller is a cool cocktail bar and v affordable! You'll love Madrid, if you avoid the touristy places - it's super cool! 💕😎
I have booked Madrid for my boyfriends birthday for the end of April. So if anyone has any recommendations then please send them my way 😄 It’s meant to be around 18-20 degrees that time of year so fingers crossed.

I’ve seen that Easyjet have today dropped masks too for their flights.

Has anyone been to Spain recently? Seems like I don’t need a test but gov website suggests we could be asked to test after landing

I was in Barcelona, Spain. Yes you need a mask inside. No test needed although a friend recently had their whole flight tested on arrival.

I have been on my travels already this year which is amazing... Venice and Florence in January for new year, then Barcelona in Feb, Rome this weekend.. not sure where for Easter but somewhere. I was trapped in Thailand for much of the early pandemic...great country but I have really seen every inch of it now, and being trapped somewhere is less fun haha, it will be a few years before I feel the desire to go back.

I live in Romania so don't need to worry about restrictions in the EU which is lovely. We are fully open for tourists here, it's a really beautiful country with great weather all spring and summer...people should visit! There are zero restrictions or mask wearing requirements though (most people do wear masks in supermarkets or on public transport).
After visiting Czech and Poland several times in recent years, I realised that vacationing in Western Europe is largely overrated and overpriced, and I am so keen to explore more of Central and Eastern Europe! I’m definitely considering Romania. Hopefully can make it happen this year.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any thoughts on where would be good (and safe) to go as a single woman where I could just stay in the resort and read and swim and sunbathe for a week?

Does anyone have any thoughts on where would be good (and safe) to go as a single woman where I could just stay in the resort and read and swim and sunbathe for a week?
I did this in puerto del carmen, lanzarote last year and had such a relaxing week. Would def do again/recommend

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I went to Rhodes on my own last year and was nice. I mostly just stayed at the hotel all inclusive and sunbathed but the pool, drank cocktails then chilled in the room at night watching Netflix 😊 I got the bus and walked around the town one day which was nice. I could’ve done more at night and went to the hotel entertainment but I was happy to just relax in my room and sleep early every night 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I went to Rhodes on my own last year and was nice. I mostly just stayed at the hotel all inclusive and sunbathed but the pool, drank cocktails then chilled in the room at night watching Netflix 😊 I got the bus and walked around the town one day which was nice. I could’ve done more at night and went to the hotel entertainment but I was happy to just relax in my room and sleep early every night 😊
Ooh that sounds amazing too. Thank you ☺

Anyone ever been to Sicily? I have a week off mid-late Sept and thinking the weather might still be warm then? I was thinking of flying into Catania but going straight to Syracuse for a few nights then North to taormina for a couple of nights and then the final two nights in Catania itself?

Reactions: 1
Absolutely gutted... Due to go on a cruise on Tuesday and have tested positive for Covid this morning 😭😭😭😭

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.