Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve got an economy Companion Voucher with British Airways… any recommendations of where to go with it?! I’m stuck for ideas (first world problems I know) Thinking it’ll probably be first week of Nov. Haven’t been away since pre-covid, but we’re going to Kos over the summer, so looking for less of a beachy break but some pre-winter sun would be grand 😍 xxxx

Reactions: 1
What about the canaries or Cyprus? Both should have some sunny days.

Just noticed you said less beachy. We went to Porto in November a couple of years ago.

Loads to do and see, plenty of great places to eat and drink, and it was around 18 degrees every day.
don’t know if we were lucky with the weather or this was typical.

What about the canaries or Cyprus? Both should have some sunny days.

Just noticed you said less beachy. We went to Porto in November a couple of years ago.

Loads to do and see, plenty of great places to eat and drink, and it was around 18 degrees every day.
don’t know if we were lucky with the weather or this was typical.

Thanks! I did actually go to Porto just before the pandemic for a girls weekend - loved it! I’m unsure I’d want to stay for a week, but boyfriend hasn’t been there before, and could go to a couple of other places nearby I guess? Ill do some googling xxxxx

Silly question - regarding supervised antigen tests before international travel. Does it mean just going for a pcr at a testing base?
Or is it a private test
(And do you have to pay for this)

For those posting about Palma - really recommend 49 Steps and Mar de Nudos near the port area for food/cocktails. Had a lovely bottomless brunch in Palma Nova at a place called Barbuda also.

This was the view from 49 Steps 😍

45D1B3A9-82F9-4CCC-AC11-3C8525BD9FC6.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Has anyone flown out of Manchester airport recently? Is it as bad as they are making out on the news?! Due to fly on 23rd April for our first holiday abroad with our toddler and going to see family, some of whom we haven’t seen for 3 years so really hoping firstly that we make our flight and secondly the airport isn’t stressful - I get stressed enough at airports without all this craziness!
I flew out from Terminal 2 on 19 March (11.30am flight). No issues checking in and it took around 25 minutes to get through security. It was busy but well organised. Once we were through it was absolutely fine and we had breakfast in San Carlo and a mooch around the shops as we had given ourselves 4 hours given what had been reported.

We came home on 6 April (landed around 6am). We were through with our bags within 30 minutes. It was no worse than usual for us, but there were abandoned suitcases EVERYWHERE in baggage collection, literally hundreds. It seems there had been delays earlier with cases coming through so people had left without them. Perhaps we were just lucky and it depends on how many flights arrive at the same time.

• Heart
Silly question - regarding supervised antigen tests before international travel. Does it mean just going for a pcr at a testing base?
Or is it a private test
It needs to be a private test that you pay for. You dont need a PCR, lots of places do rapid antigen where they perform the swab and have your results with your in like an hour.

I care for my mum so we don't go abroad. We always holiday in the UK.

The past couples of years, we've had a wee mini break in Edinburgh in July.

2yrs ago (just as they were opening after the 1st covid lockdown) it was £90 for 2 nights at a premier inn.

Last year, it was £190 - kind of a normal premier inn price.

This year, I've been quoted £314 for 2 nights in the same premier inn I've previously stayed in!!! 😱😱😱

And that's room only!!!

So we won't be going to Edinburgh this year!!!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6

2yrs ago (just as they were opening after the 1st covid lockdown) it was £90 for 2 nights at a premier inn.

This year, I've been quoted £314 for 2 nights in the same premier inn I've previously stayed in!!! 😱😱😱

And that's room only!!!

I don’t blame you. I do get the whole supply/demand thing, but when I’ve paid x amount for something, I can’t help but begrudge paying 2x or 3x for the same thing not that long after.

Reactions: 2
When do companies usually release the deals for Summer 2023 (as in spend X get X off)

I am impatient lol

We’ve recently done one,
No not the PCR, you need a supervised one either on a teams call or in person. Ours was £120 for 6 tests, we just googled a local one.
Or is it a private test

And that's room only!!!

It is sad that people who usually go on UK holidays for reasons such as yourself etc have been out priced by those who wouldn't normally entertain the idea of a UK holiday.

I had this very conversation about a year ago.

I am lucky to go abroad every year but I also take the kids to a Butlins/Haven for a few days.
Anyway, I'm on a UK holiday group where there's people who go these parks year after year. Alot of those people go for financial reasons, they go on The Sun £10 breaks or stay in the bog standard. Some people go because they are carers etc.

In the last couple of years, people who haven't been able to go on their usual 'luxury' holidays have decided to 'staycation' (I hate that word) and therefore bumped the price up for regulars.

The worse thing of all, is that many of these more 'well off people' have gone to Butlins etc and complained of the standards and the price. What they fail to realise is, that they contributed to the high prices by paying stupid money to go on holiday. Of course the standard wasn't going to be fantastic - it's hardly the Burj Al Arab.

They outpriced the usual demographic. And it was evident when I went to Butlins last year, with more middle class families than usual.

The problem should start easing. But as the US, Far East etc still have restrictions, we'll still have that short fall and people will go to destinations that they would never normally go to.

Going to Berlin next month does anyone know what I need for entry?

To me it looks like being double vaccinated is fine and just wear a mask on public transport?!

Thinking of a few days in Belfast over the summer. Anything worth doing / seeing?

Thinking of a few days in Belfast over the summer. Anything worth doing / seeing?
As per @Mooordgirl - Giant's Causeway is the most popular attraction in Northern Ireland but depends if you are planning on venturing out of Belfast.
Maybe the Titanic museum?

The news said Manchester was coping well and security was not over an hour…we flew from Heathrow yesterday and it was easier than I’ve known it in years!
My friend took over 1.5 hours to get through security at Terminal 1 in Manchester yesterday which is pretty much what local news are reporting

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.