Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I need a rant !
We are looking at a last minute holiday to Florida. Our house sale has fallen through for the 3rd time due to chancers and time waster, so we have lost the new house we were buying
Yesterday I was looking at two weeks for £816. Today Virgins ‘sale’ has started and the price has gone up to £950 !! I know that it’s probably due to price surging, but how can it cost more in the sale
Grrrrrrr !! 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 2
I need a rant !
We are looking at a last minute holiday to Florida. Our house sale has fallen through for the 3rd time due to chancers and time waster, so we have lost the new house we were buying
Yesterday I was looking at two weeks for £816. Today Virgins ‘sale’ has started and the price has gone up to £950 !! I know that it’s probably due to price surging, but how can it cost more in the sale
Grrrrrrr !! 😡
This often happens with Amazon (and other retailers) on prime day or black Friday deals.

They will have for example a hoover listed as RRP £150 and pre sale it is £85 on prime day it will be listed as £50 off so selling for £100 when the day before you could get it cheaper.

Some people don't do their research and just see a "deal" 😔

Reactions: 3
Anyone know how Manchester airport is at the moment? Going through next week. I'm hoping because the holidays have ended it might have calmed down
See top of this page , it gives you an idea of estimated queuing times for security at each terminal- obviously will depend what time of day/ day of the week you travel
my son and daughter have both flown from Manchester in last month ( with Jet 2 and Emirates) both had checked in online and didn't have to wait too long to get through security
daughter's evening flight with Emirates was extremely busy and queuing was out the door ( however as she'd checked in online ,the queue for this was much shorter!)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
This often happens with Amazon (and other retailers) on prime day or black Friday deals.

They will have for example a hoover listed as RRP £150 and pre sale it is £85 on prime day it will be listed as £50 off so selling for £100 when the day before you could get it cheaper.

Some people don't do their research and just see a "deal" 😔
I’m annoyed. We couldn’t book it yesterday until our time off work was confirmed. Just crossing our fingers it goes back down again 😕

I’m annoyed. We couldn’t book it yesterday until our time off work was confirmed. Just crossing our fingers it goes back down again 😕
Try clearing your cookies etc too on the off chance as sometimes they do that so you’ll buy it thinking it’ll go up again when really they’re just taking advantage.

Try clearing your cookies etc too on the off chance as sometimes they do that so you’ll buy it thinking it’ll go up again when really they’re just taking advantage.
Yeah, done all that. It’s just people pushing up the price by thinking they are getting a sale price.

Persistence has paid off. Got it today for £790. It’s now up to £998. Kinda takes the sting out of losing out on a new house 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I need a rant !
Grrrrrrr !! 😡
Have you looked on Holiday Hypermarket? I was helping my sister look for last minute deals and a couple of amazing ones came up for Florida, one was 2 weeks for £622 each 😲 Not Virgin but we’ve went Tui before with no issue. This was last weekends price. Obviously it’s off site and doesn’t include park tickets but we’ve stayed on idrive before and loved it

8820120B-7FF7-4BC1-9E7A-A817981A2EEA.jpeg

Persistence has paid off. Got it today for £790. It’s now up to £998. Kinda takes the sting out of losing out on a new house 🙂
Sorry, I replied as I was reading down the thread and didn’t see this reply. That’s a great price. Enjoy!

Reactions: 3
We go away in September. We always check when the schools go back, and then add on a few days, just to be sure.😀
I bloody love going on holidays when they’re are far fewer kids!

Reactions: 7
Where’s nice end of October / beginning of November for around 4/5 nights with children?
Thinking Portugal or Spain but not sure. Has anyone any recommendations for hotels or areas in either of those places? Been looking at Vilamoura but never been that time of year.

Where’s nice end of October / beginning of November for around 4/5 nights with children?
Thinking Portugal or Spain but not sure. Has anyone any recommendations for hotels or areas in either of those places? Been looking at Vilamoura but never been that time of year.
We’ve been to Fuerteventura in November. Lovely and warm, would recommend.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Looking at holidays for me and a family member. I think I find the perfect one then they’d say oh I want it to have ….
I find that thing then they’ll add something else on. Or they’ll be like no I don’t like the decor or can’t see a proper picture of how the room looks.
By the way my options I’ve given him are 5* rated on trip advisor (mostly if not the 4.5*), 5* hotels.
I don’t want to spend too much as I’d rather have two good holidays than one super expensive holiday.
Do I just let him pick? Even though I know he won’t research reviews and will just go of management pictures of the hotel, just because I am putting effort into it and it seems impossible to find everything he wants.
But also if something isn’t perfect then he’ll probably spend the whole holiday complaining. Which does worry me about going all inclusive with him as I’m sure he’ll complain about the food.

Looking at holidays for me and a family member. I think I find the perfect one then they’d say oh I want it to have ….
I find that thing then they’ll add something else on. Or they’ll be like no I don’t like the decor or can’t see a proper picture of how the room looks.
By the way my options I’ve given him are 5* rated on trip advisor (mostly if not the 4.5*), 5* hotels.
I don’t want to spend too much as I’d rather have two good holidays than one super expensive holiday.
Do I just let him pick? Even though I know he won’t research reviews and will just go of management pictures of the hotel, just because I am putting effort into it and it seems impossible to find everything he wants.
But also if something isn’t perfect then he’ll probably spend the whole holiday complaining. Which does worry me about going all inclusive with him as I’m sure he’ll complain about the food.
Gosh, rock and a hard place there. I’d let him pick, show him the reviews. If he spend the whole holiday complaining, remind him he chose it then wear earplugs 😁

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.