Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1 hour could be Ok in Frankfurt as they have an international transit area i.e. no need to clear Schengen border because you aren't entering it. If you do have to do any security or passport clearance though I think you're stuffed! If you have checked bags and they do transfer for them for you - an hour is (potentially) not enough time so your bags might arrive on a later flight.
Thank you. Yeah I need to decide what bag I’m taking. I’m doing a tour there going two days before and staying one night extra but may see if there are better flights if I go a day later or come back the day earlier. Need to get paid Monday before I can book anyway

Can’t decide now whether to book the flights or change my holiday completely and go somewhere else like Thailand, Vietnam, Cuba, Peru. I was doing a tour in Jordan but I think from reading the website I can change the tour if it’s still within 60 days of when I travel for free. Just can’t find flights that that don’t have a long layover or too short of a layover or don’t leave at 3/4am in the morning on the way home

Don’t know if there is any point in asking and I’d have to phone so wondering if you guys think there is any chance. I booked my original flights but then noticed I accidentally selected the wrong one for the outbound flight (just wrong timing which meant I’d have 5 extra hours wait in between flights). I paid £70 to change the time of the flight to the one I wanted.

Now I’ve requested the refund since Lufthansa changed the time of the return flight. They are refunding me the original cost but not including the £70 that I paid to change the outward flight.

Do you think there is any point of my phoning to also try and get the £70 back? Or not point as they didn’t change the timing of that flight just the return flight. Although obviously both got cancelled for me when I requested the refund.

Anyone been to Madrid? Thinking about going in September for a few days as the flights are decent and weather might still be ok

Anyone been to Madrid? Thinking about going in September for a few days as the flights are decent and weather might still be ok
I lived there for almost 5 years, weather will be lovely in Sept. Hot during the day but fresh in the evening 😊

Reactions: 1
I lived there for almost 5 years, weather will be lovely in Sept. Hot during the day but fresh in the evening 😊
I want to have 2 full days in Madrid and a day trip to Segovia to see the Roman ruins. Do you have any recommendations for Madrid?

I want to have 2 full days in Madrid and a day trip to Segovia to see the Roman ruins. Do you have any recommendations for Madrid?
You only need half a day in Segovia as it's tiny! If I were you I'd take advantage of walking around the city (Madrid), there's no need to take a bus or metro etc you will see a lot more that way.
Prado Museum is cool for old art, Reina Sofia has the guernica - which is amazing irl (you can enter them for free at certain times everyday, so check before).
You don't necessarily need to visit the Palace but just walk around the grounds, it's most beautiful at sunset. You can eat incredibly well for very little, avoid touristy places! It's a really vibrant city, full of life and lots of things to do and see. You will also find that a lot of people don't speak English, so bear that in mind!

If you do book, I'll give you restaurant recommendations and bars etc. I literally left this year so everything is fresh in my memory and I love it so much! 💘

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Go on my first abroad holiday to spain end of September cannot wait. Any advice on what to take / get sorted before I go.

Port Aventura is great! Tarragona is a great day trip as well from Salou, beautiful city.

My little travel tip is always take a corkscrew with you, if you drink alcohol. Lots of the wine in places like Spain and Italy is super cheap, delicious and not screw top.

In terms of stuff to sort - passport, covid documentation and travel insurance just off the top of my head. If you don't have travel insurance yet quidco sometimes do deals with cashback on offer.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Don’t know if there is any point in asking and I’d have to phone so wondering if you guys think there is any chance. I booked my original flights but then noticed I accidentally selected the wrong one for the outbound flight (just wrong timing which meant I’d have 5 extra hours wait in between flights). I paid £70 to change the time of the flight to the one I wanted.

Now I’ve requested the refund since Lufthansa changed the time of the return flight. They are refunding me the original cost but not including the £70 that I paid to change the outward flight.

Do you think there is any point of my phoning to also try and get the £70 back? Or not point as they didn’t change the timing of that flight just the return flight. Although obviously both got cancelled for me when I requested the refund.
You won’t get that back. It’s an admin fee to cover the work involved changing the flight.

I used to have many people kick off with me over the fact they weren’t getting back the admin fee, even when I explained to them that three different agents were involved in the change and that the time it took to change it is money…

I’d just write it off now. :)

You won’t get that back. It’s an admin fee to cover the work involved changing the flight.

I used to have many people kick off with me over the fact they weren’t getting back the admin fee, even when I explained to them that three different agents were involved in the change and that the time it took to change it is money…

I’d just write it off now. :)
That’s annoying seeing as it’s their fault I’m not using it now

The times of some flights I just booked for changed which meant I would’ve had a 16hour over night layover in Vienna. I’ve requested a refund but looking at other flights do you think it’s worth paying £100 extra not to have the flight home to be at 3:30am? And has anyone had a connecting flight in Frankfurt is 1hour long enough?
When are you looking to travel?

I’d avoid Frankfurt airport at the moment and for the next couple of months. I live nearby and it’s been horribly chaotic for the past few weeks and set to continue. We’ve purposely avoided air travel for the rest of the summer because of it. Loads of locals have reported lost luggage, horrendous delays leading to missed flights, cancelled flights, etc. Same with Amsterdam.

Yeah you’re not using the flight now and you’d be refunded for that as it’s been cancelled, but the work that went into changing your flight still happened😂
I just think they should still refund it. Even if work went into doing it so what, they’ve then changed the flight so I can’t use what I’ve paid extra to change? But if I can’t get it back then oh well.
When are you looking to travel?

I’d avoid Frankfurt airport at the moment and for the next couple of months. I live nearby and it’s been horribly chaotic for the past few weeks and set to continue. We’ve purposely avoided air travel for the rest of the summer because of it. Loads of locals have reported lost luggage, horrendous delays leading to missed flights, cancelled flights, etc. Same with Amsterdam.
Thank you I think I’m going to go with the Istanbul one anyway and come back the day before

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.