Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just not sure on the answer so figured best to ask here - I’m going away this week - I take a few bits of prescribed medication and then some vitamins/supplements that I take, I normally put all my medicine in one of them medicine boxes for each day. Can I take this in my hold luggage in the box or do I need to take it in the original packaging or in my hand luggage in a clear bag?
You should be fine with taking it in your hand luggage unless it’s some very serious stuff then I’d get a doctors note but “regular” medicine should
be completely fine.

Reactions: 1
I absolutely love holidays , so happy that I just discovered this thread
I should be in Rhodes right now , sadly had to cancel due to husband’s health , I also had to cancel New York for next month…gutted
This year I have been to Greece twice, Zante and Kos, love both
As long as husband can fly we will go to Thailand in January, it’s one of my absolute favourite places

Reactions: 7
Going to Salou on the 30th can't wait. Its my first holiday abroad. Think I'm pretty much there with clothes and items/lists. What's everyone else taken before just incase I have forgot anything?

Reactions: 3
Going to Salou on the 30th can't wait. Its my first holiday abroad. Think I'm pretty much there with clothes and items/lists. What's everyone else taken before just incase I have forgot anything?
Extension lead with an eu plug on the end 👍

I absolutely love this thread & reading everyone's posts 😊

I'm not long back from my week in Turkey and would like to thank all who helped me on this thread 🙌

Only thing is now I've got the bug again and am looking at Reykjavik for the first week in Jan or somewhere snowy but not a ski resort 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Agree this is a great thread. I love holidays, and love hearing everyone’s plans.

Have also found it useful as well, and picked up some tips.

I am looking at doing a solo cruise (1 st time never been before)
Hubby hates the idea of cruising, and friends aren’t interested either.
As I’ve never been on a cruise before, I was thinking of a mini cruise , maybe 3-4 days from Southampton,to see if I like it!

Can anyone point me in the right direction and suggest something for a cruise virgin.

Also, can I have your recommendations for somewhere central but cheap to stay in Glasgow please.
Friend and I are going for an event and just really want somewhere to lay our heads for two nights. We will be out of the room most of the time.
Thanks muchly.

Reactions: 3
Agree this is a great thread. I love holidays, and love hearing everyone’s plans.

As I’ve never been on a cruise before, I was thinking of a mini cruise , maybe 3-4 days from Southampton,to see if I like it!

Can anyone point me in the right direction and suggest something for a cruise virgin.

Also, can I have your recommendations for somewhere central but cheap to stay in Glasgow please.
Friend and I are going for an event and just really want somewhere to lay our heads for two nights. We will be out of the room most of the time.
Thanks muchly.
I did a cruise earlier this year. I was alone but it was my first time.

We went from Southampton and did Rotterdam and Guernsey so it was 4 nights in total.

We went with princess cruises on their newest ship, the enchanted princess.

It was really good and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Not sure I would switch my main holiday to a cruise but it was a good experience.

Main recommendations would be to book your meals in advance. I think they have provisions for solo travellers so you can sit with people for meals.

The all inclusive drinks and tips package was good value but it was slow to get drinks as 97% of passengers had done it!

Self disembark so you can just carry your bag off yourself and get out quicker.

Happy to answer any questions 😊

Don’t go - choose somewhere else!!! 🤣
I prefer the other Emirates now… RAK and Abu Dhabi are both less full on than Dubai which is now full of very very tacky and cringe people Instagramming themselves everywhere. Oman is very nice too.

Thanks muchly.
Binge watch these YouTube channels:

- Emma Cruises
- Cruise with Ben & David
- Tips for travelers (Gary)

They do complete ships tours, itinerary tours, reviews of all the food, entertainment, cruise lines, everything to do with cruises! They literally cover everything.

Please encourage your husband to watch these videos with you. A lot of people are like “Euugh I’d never go on a cruise!” but then they go and they love it, cos a lot of their pre-conceived negative ideas re: cruising are based on total ignorance and incorrect stereotypes. Obviously I’m not suggesting you try and force it, but it would be lovely for you to enjoy the experience together.

That said, solo cruising is definitely an option, plenty of people do it.

There’s also a good website and forum called Cruise Critic UK, lots of info there.

Thanks muchly.
Premier inn have hotels in Glasgow city centre. One at Buchanan Galleries, one at George Square and one at St Enoch which are all right smack bang in the centre of the city.

Heading to Tossa De Mar in a couple of weeks. I haven't been before so any tips or recommendations are appreciated.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.