Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah. We aren’t vaccinated and we don’t meet any of their other requirements either.

is that the same for you too @Emmelina Ball
Yes, just googled it. It's basically because you're not in an EU/Schengen country or one of the partners like Switzerland, Norway... Otherwise, you could enter without proof of vaccination.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I’ve got a couple of nights in Newcastle soon. Got a great deal for the easy hotel for a couple of nights!

I’m thinking of Sofia or krakow for nov/dec. we just look at where the cheap flights go to with Ryanair from our nearest airport.
Been to krakow before. Has anyone been to Sofia?

I’m due to fly from Dublin to London on Saturday for the weekend, but I’m thinking of canceling the trip following the news of the Queen’s death. I don’t know what to do, might not be the right time for a touristy trip.

Reactions: 1
I’m due to fly from Dublin to London on Saturday for the weekend, but I’m thinking of canceling the trip following the news of the Queen’s death. I don’t know what to do, might not be the right time for a touristy trip.
Why would you cancel? I presume you're not part of the RF and therefore not personally connected. It's sad when anybody dies and she was a constant for a long time but she was an elderly lady and it wasn't unexpected. There is absolutely reason for you to miss a holiday

Reactions: 10
Why would you cancel? I presume you're not part of the RF and therefore not personally connected. It's sad when anybody dies and she was a constant for a long time but she was an elderly lady and it wasn't unexpected. There is absolutely reason for you to miss a holiday
No, I’m not, but I don’t know what the vibe will be like in London given it’s a sad historic event in the UK. I’m not looking to cancel out of “sadness”. It’s more related to the atmosphere over there.

No, I’m not, but I don’t know what the vibe will be like in London given it’s a sad historic event in the UK. I’m not looking to cancel out of “sadness”. It’s more related to the atmosphere over there.
I was out and about today (on holiday in London). Plenty of people about just doing their normal, restaurants etc still busy. But lots of people heading towards the palace.

I wouldn't necessarily cancel, I think there will still be plenty of people (including tourists) going about as normal. But getting about may become more difficult as it nears the funeral and I imagine it will be even busier than normal

Reactions: 4
I was out and about today (on holiday in London). Plenty of people about just doing their normal, restaurants etc still busy. But lots of people heading towards the palace.

I wouldn't necessarily cancel, I think there will still be plenty of people (including tourists) going about as normal. But getting about may become more difficult as it nears the funeral and I imagine it will be even busier than normal
Thanks for the info.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. A lot of traffic and commotion.

We stayed at the Eden resort last Oct half term and absolutely loved it! Was a fantastic family week - all Inc, kids played in pool all week and the food was lush!!! Can’t speak for anything else around as we barely left! Evening entertainment was naff but family fun and the villas were awesome!
I stayed at the Eden Roc in Rhodes earlier this year and loved it! Food was amazing for an all inclusive resort.

I visited before in June/July and hated it, it just felt so tacky and full of stag doos 😞 the pool and the sea was too cold to get in and at night I had to buy a jacket as it was so cold which I didn't expect!
This is where I am going next week, I’m so excited to go to Rhodes 💙

Can anybody recommend a good family resort? Ideally wanting an apartment with a little splash park for the little ones. I’ve looked at Majorca but don’t know where it good to stay as never been before, also looked at Crete and Corfu but can’t find anything nice so I’m hoping people can throw tried and tested apartments my way please!! 🤞🏼

Can anybody recommend a good family resort? Ideally wanting an apartment with a little splash park for the little ones. I’ve looked at Majorca but don’t know where it good to stay as never been before, also looked at Crete and Corfu but can’t find anything nice so I’m hoping people can throw tried and tested apartments my way please!! 🤞🏼
TUI do a family resort section that are exactly the sort of thing you're after, check them out.

• Heart
If the funeral is on the 19th I will be in Riga, will plan on just watching the funeral either on my laptop in the hotel or find a pub somewhere?? Not sure yet

Ah really? Our first time and i’m really excited! What a la carte restaurants did you do? My boyfriend is a fussy eater haha! Did you do any excursions? My friend stayed there earlier in the summer and did a boat trip to Lindos, I wouldn’t mind getting a boat there but I wouldn’t wanna be like dictated to timing wise as feel it would be a long day and maybe a bus would be better x
Best a la carte definitely the Peruvian. The Italian/med one good too. They are all nice though, just make sure you book.

On day trips Rhodes Town is worth the taxi fare, very historic.

We went to Lindos too, it was a nice day but it was boiling hot which made it a little less enjoyable.

Any tips on Albuferia/The algarve in October?
Go to vilamoura

Always heard good things about the pirates village in Majorca

Yeah. We aren’t vaccinated and we don’t meet any of their other requirements either.

is that the same for you too @Emmelina Ball
Yea same here! Hopefully they will lift them soon there aren’t many countries left with them it’s just silly when anyone can be carrying covid vaccinated or not ☹ Not been to the Netherlands in years and it’s one of my fave places!!

• Heart
Just not sure on the answer so figured best to ask here - I’m going away this week - I take a few bits of prescribed medication and then some vitamins/supplements that I take, I normally put all my medicine in one of them medicine boxes for each day. Can I take this in my hold luggage in the box or do I need to take it in the original packaging or in my hand luggage in a clear bag?

Just not sure on the answer so figured best to ask here - I’m going away this week - I take a few bits of prescribed medication and then some vitamins/supplements that I take, I normally put all my medicine in one of them medicine boxes for each day. Can I take this in my hold luggage in the box or do I need to take it in the original packaging or in my hand luggage in a clear bag?
My friends taken them in a daily meds box before and it was fine. But it probably depends on which country?

Wouldn't recommend taking your medication in your hold luggage just in case it gets lost.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.