Holidays 2022

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My City ❤

Depends what you're into really, but these would be my tips -

• Titanic Museum - very well done, but also very long and perhaps over detailed. I'd only do this if you are really into the history of it. It would probably take 2-3 hours to do it from start to finish. The whole of the Titanic quarter is lovely though and the Titanic Hotel is gorgeous and has a lovely big spacious bar which was the original drawing room for the plans of the Titanic. The place is so historic.
We got kicked out of the Titanic museum at closing time and we hadn't quite finished looking round... We'd been there more than 3 hours 🤣 it is fantastic and well worth the money.

We also enjoyed Crumlin Road Gaol and spent longer than we expected to there. St George's Market was fab too. We will definitely be coming back, it has to be one of my favourite cities in the UK.

Reactions: 4
We got kicked out of the Titanic museum at closing time and we hadn't quite finished looking round... We'd been there more than 3 hours 🤣 it is fantastic and well worth the money.

We also enjoyed Crumlin Road Gaol and spent longer than we expected to there. St George's Market was fab too. We will definitely be coming back, it has to be one of my favourite cities in the UK.
Crumlin Road Gaol is a great shout too! I haven't done it personally but multiple friends have for work events and they enjoyed it a lot.

Reactions: 1
Hello.. help! 🤣 I’ll be celebrating my 30th birthday next year in March…and I’m torn between St Lucia and Mexico!
7 nights for both

St Lucia - would be the wellness retreat The Body Holiday

Mexico I was thinking to go to both Cancun and Tulum - Cancun first 4 days , have a day to explore + beach day, a day for activities - horse riding, zip lining, quad biking, cenote swimming, a yacht day trip on my bday , then Tulum- a beach club day with massages, and a day for flexible exploring…

Torn. I originally wanted to go to an absolutely lovely wellness retreat in Bali - this is my number 1 choice but their restrictions make that difficult right now… kinda gutted.

What do you think?

Just came back from Cappadocia - the most breathtaking experience riding in a hot air balloon. Defo recommend. Would suggest tying it up with Istanbul as you fly via there to Cappdocia!
Would you say it was too hot when you went? Not sure whether to book in May, June or July. Was it just Cappadocia you went to? Or did you go other places as well?

Hello.. help! 🤣 I’ll be celebrating my 30th birthday next year in March…and I’m torn between St Lucia and Mexico!
7 nights for both

Mexico I was thinking to go to both Cancun and Tulum - Cancun first 4 days , have a day to explore + beach day, a day for activities - horse riding, zip lining, quad biking, cenote swimming, a yacht day trip on my bday , then Tulum- a beach club day with massages, and a day for flexible exploring…

Torn. I originally wanted to go to an absolutely lovely wellness retreat in Bali - this is my number 1 choice but their restrictions make that difficult right now… kinda gutted.

What do you think?
St Lucia is gorgeous I loved it there. I haven't been to Mexico yet but I personally like the sound of the plans you have for Mexico more than going to a wellness retreat. I guess it depends on how relaxing you want it to be?

• Heart
7 nights for both

What do you think?
Hell of a journey to either of them for 7 nights, and expensive. For what you want to do in Mexico you could easily do in Europe and it would be easier and quicker to get to if you’ve only got a 7 night window for the holiday?

Reactions: 2
7 nights for both

What do you think?
I honestly think it would be a huge shame to go all the way to Mexico and not experience any of the history or culture it has to offer, the activities you're planning to do could be done anywhere and I don't think it would be doing Mexico any justice - you could do all of this plus stay in a gorgeous hotel in Europe? And maybe save money on flights too! 😊

Reactions: 5
Hell of a journey to either of them for 7 nights, and expensive. For what you want to do in Mexico you could easily do in Europe and it would be easier and quicker to get to if you’ve only got a 7 night window for the holiday?
Hey I don’t only have a 7 night window, I just chose that as I thought it would be a good time! But… I guess I could extend it… to 10 days?
Also my Mexico plans aren’t finalised! I mentioned Tulum as well as Cancun haha . There’s plenty to do there, that was just a few ideas and still doing my research, I’ve found a few other ideas also and got a few recommendations also on my list to do when out there!

I honestly think it would be a huge shame to go all the way to Mexico and not experience any of the history or culture it has to offer, the activities you're planning to do could be done anywhere and I don't think it would be doing Mexico any justice - you could do all of this plus stay in a gorgeous hotel in Europe? And maybe save money on flights too! 😊
Hey! Possibly! However, nothing has been finalised and I’m still doing my research! 😊remember I said both Cancun and Tulum, I deffo plan to explore the history and culture or I wouldn’t go away otherwise! I
have a few other things lined up that I’m exploring and I’ve also been recommended a few things to explore also

I won’t lie… I do find Europe boring… particularly for a 30th… but just in general, although I’ve enjoyed holidays in Europe… if you have any suggestions I’m open but I’m leaning towards Mexico at the moment and I’d like to go somewhere hot.

I did also mention Cenote which is actually part of Mexico’s culture- you can’t go to Mexico and not swim in the Cenotes - that’s not something I’d say “you could just do in Europe”

I also did mentions days for flexibility and exploring, not everything is planned to a T. and actually cenote swimming can’t just be “easily done in Europe”

I did mention days solely for flexibility and exploring, to actually do other things and it’s not planned to a T. So I disagree. I fully plan to explore Mexico’s culture or I would not be planning to go there. My bday is March and I’m still planning, and researching and making decisions

St Lucia is gorgeous I loved it there. I haven't been to Mexico yet but I personally like the sound of the plans you have for Mexico more than going to a wellness retreat. I guess it depends on how relaxing you want it to be?
Hello, yea I’m kinda going off the idea of a wellness retreat tbh, I’ll incorporate some beach massages and relaxation in some way or other but I deffo want to do more than just relax for sure 🤍

Last edited:
@BettyCrockerr you know I like you from the MraMeldrum thread but I really don’t understand why you are so condescending on this thread?

I can totally understand finding Europe boring if you have seen multiple countries already. Certain climates/faunas you just don’t get here and especially for a big trip I can totally see why someone would want to go further away.
That being said @heygirlhey2022 I’d pick Mexico as those activities sound super fun plus I love the food there

I've seen the most beautiful hotels in Greece and Turkey recently on TikTok that would easily rival/match any more long haul luxury resort. Especially for a 7/10 day break.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
It's just such a broad statement, that's all.

Europe is so extensive- you can literally do anything holiday wise within Europe.

Go and see glaciers in Norway.
Christmas markets and Charles Bridge in Prague.
See the cliffs in Croatia
Boat ride in the French Riviera.
Explore the Greek Islands
Go to the opera in Vienna.
The Collesuem and ancient Rome.
The Amalfi Coast in Italy.
Skogafoss waterfall in Iceland.
Cycling around Amsterdam.
Thermal baths in Budapest.
Gondola ride in Venice.
Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way.
The walls of Dubrovnik.
Tuscan vineyards.
The lavender fields in Provence
Explore some of the most famous cities in the world like Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Athens, Berlin etc.

I just think that there is so much to see/do in Europe that you shouldn't dismiss it entirely.

Reactions: 16
It's just such a broad statement, that's all.

Europe is so extensive- you can literally do anything holiday wise within Europe.

Go and see glaciers in Norway.
Christmas markets and Charles Bridge in Prague.
See the cliffs in Croatia
Boat ride in the French Riviera.
Explore the Greek Islands
Go to the opera in Vienna.
The Collesuem and ancient Rome.
The Amalfi Coast in Italy.
Skogafoss waterfall in Iceland.
Cycling around Amsterdam.
Thermal baths in Budapest.
Gondola ride in Venice.
Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way.
The walls of Dubrovnik.
Tuscan vineyards.
The lavender fields in Provence
Explore some of the most famous cities in the world like Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Athens, Berlin etc.

I just think that there is so much to see/do in Europe that you shouldn't dismiss it entirely.
This is how I see Europe, I wouldn't mind if I never did another long haul trip again, there's so much to see and do in Europe to easily fill a lifetime

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just saying Europe is boring is quite ignorant and snob. Especially when you basically plan beach holidays in the Caribbean.
Btw Cancun is completely artificial, just created for (US) tourists from the scratch. Tulum is beautiful and has more (ancient) history and nice views.
Personally, I loved Puerto Escondido in the Oaxaca coast (Pacific), quite touristy but very different vibe from the Caribbean coast and much cheaper. It was long time ago, I don't know if it has changed. Nice people, amazing food. I had a great time in Oaxaca city and surroundings too before but it's quite far by the road (many hours).
Oh and in this part of the Pacific, the water was surprisingly hotter than in any place I've been in the Caribbean (Cuba, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Los Roques islands in Venezuela...)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Just saying Europe is boring is quite ignorant and snob. Especially when you basically plan beach holidays in the Caribbean.
Btw Cancun is completely artificial, just created for (US) tourists from the scratch. Tulum is beautiful and has more (ancient) history and nice views.
Personally, I loved Puerto Escondido in the Oaxaca coast (Pacific), quite touristy but very different vibe from the Caribbean coast and much cheaper. It was long time ago, I don't know if it has changed. Nice people, amazing food. I had a great time in Oaxaca city and surroundings too before but it's quite far by the road (many hours).
Oh and in this part of the Pacific, the water was surprisingly hotter than in any place I've been in the Caribbean (Cuba, Dominican Republic, Colombia, Los Roques islands in Venezuela...)

I think a lot of you need to relax on this thread. There is no need to call me a snob and ignorant. If I don’t want to go to Europe, I don’t want to go to Europe . It is really that simple. If I say “I find Europe boring and I have also enjoyed holidays in Europe” that is my opinion and my experience. You do not need to be offended and personally attacked. You are rude as hell.

that is totally fine about Cancun, I’m still planning whether I actually want to go there, or just Tulum and explore places in Mexico.

i also didn’t plan to just do “beach holidays” for my 30th. Whether I went to St Lucia for the body holiday or Mexico, or wherever else I decide I was going to fully explore and enjoy the holiday and not just sit on the beach.
And if I did decide to that, and still said I find Europe boring then so be it. Relax

@BettyCrockerr you know I like you from the MraMeldrum thread but I really don’t understand why you are so condescending on this thread?

I can totally understand finding Europe boring if you have seen multiple countries already. Certain climates/faunas you just don’t get here and especially for a big trip I can totally see why someone would want to go further away.
That being said @heygirlhey2022 I’d pick Mexico as those activities sound super fun plus I love the food there
hey hey, thanks.It was very condescending, and that’s why I chose not to respond.
Totally agree with everything else you said, re: MEXiCO, still exploring my options. I’m going to extend it to at least 10 days, and I might leave Cancun out and instead do Playa de Carmen (although I’ve heard mixed things), might go to Cozumel for a few nights on my way to Tulum, and also there are other places that have been suggested and I’ve comes across from my research that I’m thinking of incorporating.
I’m really excited to visit tulum, it’s absolutely stunning and I’ve heard great things.
Might do Cancun/Playa de C x Cozumel x Tulum depending

we’ll see!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.