Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Churchill's Ghost

VIP Member
I have been sick watching this - I was stationed in Kabul and spent a lot of time in Bagram. We should have secured the embassy, never abandoned Bagram (which is much larger and easier to secure than Kabul Airport). It should have been civilians, equipment, then military personnel leave last. We managed to keep the Taliban quiet with 2,500 troops on the ground - we could have easily kept that number in place while evacuating everything. The moment that the Taliban started moving, a few well-placed airstrikes would have stopped them. We never should have pulled the close air support from the Afghan Army, nor should we have cut off the maintenance contractors (for every hour an aircraft is flown, it requires many hours of maintenance).

In typical military gallows humor, we know that all of these vehicles will be deadlined (non-mission capable) in a few weeks. However, the technology is now in the hands of our enemies.

Our interpreter and his family came over several years ago, thank goodness, but there are so many Afghans that I met during the course of my tour. I especially think of the women I met who had started businesses and were so hopeful for the future. All gone now. It's an awful, helpless feeling watching this going down the drain and not being able to do something (even worse for the guys on the ground who are not being allowed to run rescue missions) My husband works for the Marine Corps and we know some of the men who are over there right now and are waiting for the casualty list to be released. We have 4 sons and 3 nephews still in the military too (of those 7, 5 have done tours either in Afghanistan or Iraq - believe me, it is 1,000,000% easier to go yourself than to send your child - my husband and I have 7 tours between us--some short, some long)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 83

jayjay82

I'm sorry for going off topic, I usually just read and barely every post. Life's been a bitch for months, whenever I have time, I come here and it's not even about the two clowns anymore, it's your creativity, sense of humour and this little corner of internet where you're always guaranteed a good laugh, coffee on the phone screen that went through my nose and some encouragement, thank you ❤😘🥰

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 73

freda19

VIP Member
Which does what? And exactly how much was donated?
Now, this bugs the fuck outta me. People jumping in to donate and announce it loudly to the media.
It's like I advised someone on the last thread (Tatty I think), "Don't donate to anyone yet". You need to winnow out the big guns that pay their "Board" huge salaries, and wait till the situation becomes more clear exactly where the aid is needed anyway.
The big organisations that have the funds can do jack shit until the evacuations are completed and the Taliban set out the rules for foreign aid workers. Even then, quite frankly, anyone going there as an aid worker has a death wish and needs their head examined.

But hell yeah, let's be seen donating so we can wallow in the thanks and praise and ask the organisation to big us up.
Let me tell you a secret ... NO Women's Aid organisation will be permitted to aid Afghan women in that country. The taliban want women treated like dogs, no way in hell will they let western do-gooders interfere with that total subjugation. They can help women who get out, sure, but so can many other aid organisations both national and local.
Bumming and blowing about donating to the most eye catchingly named one is shameful self aggrandizement. :mad: LOOK AT ME BEING KIND. Fuck off and kiss my arse you boastful cunts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I wonder how she'll dump him. Is she going to have her "3 of us in this marriage" moment? Or is she going to accuse him of something even more serious?

If Harry's memoir includes a bunch of lies (which it most likely will), is this where the wife will be able to declare him insane so she gets custody of the kids?
I always thought that the marriage wouldn't last long and that she would grab the money cut and run after a couple of years, but now I'm not so sure.

It won't be easy for her to get a new partner with sufficiently high social standing to suit her, an ordinary bloke wont ever be considered. She would only leave him for someone who can offer her more in terms of money and a climb up the ladder, so unlikely to happen now.

Also I don't think that either of them will want to lose face. Even if the marriage is dead and they sleep in separate rooms they'll put on a united front because they think that the world is against them. They might already be miserable together but something big will have to happen to prise them apart publicly. There have already been rumours that they don't live together which may or may not be true. Hazno might have an affair which would end it and then Smeggy could be an eternal victim 🤔

If they ever do split I don't think that Hazno will come back to the UK either. He's too proud and too immersed in his childish victimhood narrative thinking his family are cunts to come crawling back to the royal family like a dog with his tail between his legs. He would only return to truffle snout for money now and never for family because he obviously doesn't give a shit about them.

Polish_20210823_193156657.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65

freda19

VIP Member
Look and learn no6, this is how you do things when you have class --->
--------------------------------------

Prince William has sent a down-to-earth letter to a former Royal Marine, Sean Ivey, who lost his caravan in an arson attack, which he believed to be due to his stance on anti-social behaviour in his neighbourhood. In the letter, William wrote: “For a person to be put in such a position, simply due to having the moral courage to stand up for what is right, is reprehensible; I stand beside you.” He added that he had been “heartened” by how the public had supported Sean and his family, with an appeal receiving over £300,000.
Sean, who previously served in Afghanistan and Iraq, opened up about the letter, and revealed his amazement that the Prince had simply signed the letter ‘William’.
It hasn't even got Prince William or His Royal Highness Prince William Duke of Cambridge, it's just William. He recognises the problem and I'm honoured he's said that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64

planetmirth

VIP Member
It never continues to amaze me how two rich, privileged people with every advantage can have so little self-awareness. Their complete inability to read the room is just jaw-dropping. Preachy, do as we do not as we say, cruel to their own families, bullying to their staff, animal cruelty, they truly do deserve each other and I wish they'd get their karma sooner rather than later.
well sorry to lower the tone but 31 august , the release day for updated FF, will possibly be a very dark day for UK and USA as it’s the leave Afghanistan day … we won’t get everyone out…we may well be hearing of British Nationals who we didn’t have time to get out , even the awful word “ hostage”….and amongst this will be rerun of “ Kate made me cry” and “ they took my passport “ plus other Oprah mewling …. Finding freedom, what a tone deaf joke !!!! Read the room?……none of them can see the room ! 😡😡😡😡😡😡

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

Anjels

I just caught this the previous thread, I’m really sorry I didn’t know how to link from a previous thread 😳
It was about the Urban Dictionary ……

I showed my husband, who goes to golf once a week with a group of guys. There is one guy who either “can’t make it” or who “can’t do lunch” afterwards. They all know it’s his wife who doesn’t like him doing anything she’s not invloved with but he’s such a show off about absolutely everything,
315BE221-17B5-4400-B1FD-112E2FDA63F8.jpeg
money, house, car etc., he’s a bit of a figure of fun. Anyway, husband has put it on his golf WhatsApp group. Light blue touch paper and stand well clear 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Interesting post from Deanna on Quora regarding the finances of the Harkles:

'Prince Harry was well known for his frugality throughout his adult life. He didn't spend much money on clothes, and he was very happy to live in Nott Cottage within Kensington Palace when Prince William vacated that space with Catherine for their more palatial place. Harry didn’t needlessly spend money to look good or to impress people; he was happy, joking, funny Harry.

Everyone knew he was a prince, so Harry didn’t splash out on decorating or on new clothes for each day. The very wealthy people who come from wealthy families and are aristocratic understand their wealth is in their stunningly large mansions and country homes. They have paintings worth more than some people’s homes. The very wealthy own land, and they are content to reuse the faded rugs from decades ago. Harry comes from this. Harry played the wealthy sport of kings: polo; he enjoyed the 50,000 acres that Queen Elizabeth owns surrounding her beloved Balmoral Castle. This is his life.

That was his life. When he decided to marry the rather middle class American who knew nothing about the British way of life, Harry likely didn’t anticipate Meghan’s appetite for spending money. She was new to this lifestyle, and Meghan wanted to spend the way she thought Catherine did. (Catherine watches how much she spends by the way.)

Harry, by not marrying a wealthy British woman, wound up trying to rein in his wife’s insatiable appetite for the good life as she saw it. Harry’s aristocratic friends laughed at Meghan. She tried too hard. Nott Cott was good enough for Catherine to live in with the love of her life, Prince William, but Meghan only saw their 20 room “apartment” at Kensington Palace and wanted to get out of the tiny apartment (as written in Finding Freedom). That’s when she asked to live in Windsor Castle, and nobody in the family asks for a place. They are given as gifts, and Harry forgot to tell his rich, new wife the niceties of dealing with royal life and the Queen.

I think Harry understands Meghan is flying through his inheritance money and the huge sums given to the couple from Prince Charles. Why Meghan’s first year as a royal cost over $1,000,000 for her clothing alone, and most of it was maternity wear, which she didn't bother to rewear when pregnant with Lili. Word is Meghan had a deal with her friend to resell the clothes Meghan wore, so they could split the profits. Maybe the Dior maternity dress that cost a whopping $90,000 is being worn by some rich housewife in New Jersey.

Meghan likes to spend money on things. She wanted a mansion with sixteen bathrooms. Why? I’m sure Harry wasn’t happy with that purchase price, and they could have lived as lovers for life in a medium sized home near LA. A $5,000,000 home would have been better than a $14,000,000 home. The upkeep alone would cost one million a year at their Montecito mansion. At least.

Then there is her need for private jets. And Meghan is wild about security. It makes her look important to have bodyguards around her, except they don't need them in America. Nobody is chasing them down for their photographs anymore, so Meghan even spends cash on private photographers. Add in her three PR teams, which she kept when she was a royal living in Britain, too. Did Meghan not trust the Brits to make her look good? Because they certainly did!

Harry has a cash flow problem on his hands.

He is frugal, and that’s why we’ll spot him wearing wrinkled clothing such as that ubiquitous grey suit along with his shoes with a hole in the bottom. Meghan is in new outfits all the time as she doesn't recycle them, which all of us do. Wearing the same clothes over and over is something even the royals do.

Meghan missed the memo on that one, too. I don’t know what Harry is going to do when they run out of money, because Prince Charles is fuming at the couple. So I wouldn't be thinking he’d help them out in their wealthy lifestyle now. Who’s left? The Queen? Oprah? George Clooney? Gayle King?

Harry is either in so much love with Meghan that he’s blind to her spending, or he is trembling over upsetting his bride over their finances. Either way Harry is not making his wife live a more frugal life. As their relevancy wanes, it would make sense to move and reduce their spending on attorneys and public relations teams. The couple needs to live within their means, as we all do. And I don’t think Meghan understands by not being a good royal and staying she lost a great job and all the perks.

I wonder how long they have left to live in this ostentatious manner.'

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 62

Murphy Brown

VIP Member
The weirdest thing looking back at it is just how deeply ungrateful she was from the state. An ageing, divorced biracial actress from a fairly unsavoury family was welcomed into the BRF.
She didn't pay a cent towards her own wedding - dress, reception, nothing. She was given cash, holidays, clothes, jewellery. Prince Charles even gave her a diamond tennis bracelet. Given millions of dollars when she decides she doesn't want to do the job anymore.
And before she's even married she's demanding access to the Queen's jewellery. Then throwing her weight around as though she had any idea about running a foundation and knew better than everyone. She really must have some sort of substance problem because her behaviour is just so unhinged.
The family had very certainly heard the rumours about her being a prostitute, yet still helped and supported her family members, financially and with the media.
Yet somehow from the start she decided she was better than them. It's just so completely bizarre.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 60

giraffetower

For the love of all that is holy, I hate the crap about "spares"

This was only a "thing" in medieval times when kings were routinely killed in battle or their children succumbed to smallpox.

They aren't "spares" now, it is an outdated concept.

What the siblings should be is working members of the family business, or "the Firm" as PP called it. The role being to quietly support the monarchy but unlike Tudor times, they now can also carve out their own life (like Prince Philip or Princess Anne or Zara )

What hasn't changed over the centuries is that the monarch cannot exist without staunchly loyal supporters. There has always been a "court" of loyal followers to the crown. In return, they get the "grace and favour" lifestyle; the one that money can't buy.

Hazno and TW ( any of the suggestions for TW will work here!) haven't seemingly understood there is supposed to be LOYALTY in exchange for that privileged lifestyle and cash... you can't simultaneously attack the RF at the same time as whingeing that you've been "cut off"

Twats.

And Harry is not ( ....and never was...) needed as a spare. There is a stable line of inheritance that is 40+ people deep, FFS. He is either a valued member of "Team Monarchy" or he is an outsider slagging off "The Firm." His choice.

Brenda, Chaz and William need to kick his ass into next week. Protect the Crown for the next generations.

(As ever, these are only my opinions, and other recollections may vary...!)

• Heart

Mollywobbles

VIP Member
So Meghan says to Her Majesty
I want to a Queen. Queen of America.
And the Queen says, no, because to be a Queen you need a Kingdom, and America is not a kingdom.
Okay says Meghan, I’ll be an Empress. Empress of America.
And the Queen says no, to be an Empress you need an Empire, and America is not an Empire.
Meghan sulks and says what can I be then?
And the Queen thinks a bit and says….well America is a country

• Haha
  • Heart

Spring2020

Chatty Member
Imo

Association with the Queen is their only selling point. No amount of yacht experience will get you a Netflix deal. Nor will endless word salad. But Narcissists can never get along with people they cannot truly control so the solution for their poor PR team must be to send out mouthpieces everytime the narc drops a bomb on the RF.

The British won't fall for their BS (How dare the press expose hypocrisy?!)... so mouthpieces are ordered to target and bombard the US press about how much the Queen adores her granddaughter in Law.

-You know the one that thought she could modernise the RF with her awesomeness after being in Briton for 2 seconds, what does Charles know? He's only been hair in training for 70 years. ----Yes, yes The one granddaughter who collaborated with a book trashing British RF just months after meeting RF, while on public payroll spending over 1 million on clothes and jewls
-The one that accused the family of rascim but won't name who for max damage.
- That lovely daughter in law who was trashed the queen's institution while its paternal figurehead was dying but was kind enough to send flowers and a press release about doing so during the funeral service etc etc etc

It's an endless list of backstabbing by a thankless newcomer, who was unknown and welcomed anyway.

A newcomer who has had the most fast tracked and privileged welcome the wife of any 6th in line has ever had in 1000 years. Just a few months of royal existence and she's going for the kill. Extreme ego of the woman is dangerous

Last edited:
  • Heart

50sGirl

VIP Member
Latest on 'the epilogue'!!

EXCLUSIVE - Harry and Meghan 'considered naming royal racist who asked about Archie's skin colour' in Oprah interview that the Duchess found 'cathartic' and 'liberating', new biography chapter claims

Thread title suggestion:

Harry & Meghan #135 Nothing new to say. Rinse & repeat, it’s Groundhog Day!

• Haha
  • Heart

Mock Turtle

VIP Member
You're quite right of course. Will any money donated actually help a woman in Afghanistan at the moment, most definitely not. They'll be lucky if someone gives them a free burqua. It would be better to set up a fund for refugees coming to live in the west to help them when they get here.

We've all heard about money donated to charities being seized by unscrupulous government officials in Africa and never reaching those who really need it. I used to work with a woman who was from Ghana and she told me that items donated and money never reached the truly needy as everything was creamed off in layers of corruption.
Absolutely. Having spent my early childhood in Africa, there’s a very short list of organisations there I will give money to. They’re all tiny local places I’ve been to or worked with briefly in my twenties and where every month the money is literally going from my bank account straight into the bank account of the school or orphanage or project. I just won’t do it otherwise - too many layers of bureaucracy to make it through with a little creamed off at every layer.

H&M’s ‘donation’ likely won’t make it to any Afghan women but since it’s sole purpose is PR, they don’t care, I guess.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 59

KuntyChopsMcghee

I've had to have a bit of a purge from social media and the news this last week, it's all too soul destroying. As if the world hasn't suffered enough this last couple of years.

I dip in to these threads as they are one of the few places where you can call out shit for what it is without being tarred with the 'ist' brush that gets flung about so easily these days. And I must say that I have developed a fondness of the familiarity you find here with the regular faces and individuality that many of you bring.

As for the Kunts, I'm also utterly bored of them. I can't think of anyone more pointless to the world than these 2. They have nothing of value to add to our lives and certainly don't have an iota of entertainment value. However, credit where it's due to The Smarkles, none of us would have crossed this path if these 2 fuckwits hadn't met and pissed us all off.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Excellent post written by Michael Conner from Quora:

'Harry is a traitor and Meghan is a spy.

Harry was born lazy with an innate sense of privilege and has serious anger issues, he was always going to cut and run. Meghan is an amoral mendacious opportunist who together with Soho House and Hollywood planned to make multi millions by infiltrating the royal family. Fortunately this agenda, first spotted by Prince William, is now known by The Palace organisation and the royal family have sadly accepted the painful reality of the situation. It is now clear that Meghan’s inexplicably destructive attitude at The Palace was quite deliberate; she had to engineer bad relationships with them to justify the latter day Flight Into Egypt, baby and all.
Therefore each and every contact between Harry and Meghan with any member of the royal family, no matter how junior, or any member of The Palace staff, no matter how distant that staff member may be from the centre, must be treated as an attempt to gather information.

Such Information will either be used in a television series or spread across social media to discredit the royal family, particularly The Queen, who Meghan hates to the point of insanity for standing up to her vicious lawlessness. Next in line for Meghan’s visceral hatred are the heirs: Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince George.

Anyone doubting what I say has never read a newspaper, let alone a book, in their entire life. The royal family know exactly where they stand with the Markles…they are the enemy.'
main-qimg-1aaa5c2721b1834761069567c7a2e8a5.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 58