Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ondafritz

Oh my god.... “named first in Forbes 30 under 30”....THE LIST IS NOT RANKED. If she’s first it’s because her last name starts with a B. I’m screaming. It’s in alphabetic order. How sneaky

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 95
This is why Grace doesn’t properly acknowledge her privilege, because she doesn’t believe it. She truly thinks that if she had been born into a different family she would still have gotten into Oxford and have 2 businesses and a million pound house at 23. She genuinely believes she got there because she persevered and that’s what’s so mad about it all.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 93
I think her tactic is to make her writing so confusing and hard to read, it makes you feel like you’re dumb if you can’t understand it and therefore reinforces her superiority complex

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

Jlurking

Grace thinks delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

• Haha
Reactions: 70

greenvelvet

VIP Member
The way Grace behaves around LGBT stuff makes me as a bisexual woman feel so uncomfortable - going by her word that she is straight, anyway.

She’s teasing the lesbianism thing to sexualise the advert.

It’s not the first time she’s exploited LGBT stuff in her business - the pride bands? But I genuinely can’t remember her talking about LGBT issues, ever. I find it strange as she is very opinionated most of the time.

She seems like the type of girl that would post pictures of herself being very cosy with her girl friends on Facebook to be seen as hot and a bit outrageous, but then in the comments would make it very clear that she’s straight. E.g., she and her friend might banter, “Going on a lesbian adventure xx” or “who needs boys anyway x” underneath the picture, often talking quite flippantly about it. But I can imagine her being uncomfortable around actual lesbians.

Despite never having non-straight friends, and probably distancing herself from gay women and men, she will still go to pride with every year with a group of straight girls dressed like it’s Boomtown or something.

There is a very specific type of middle class young white woman leftist that thinks because she is an activist and supports Labour, she can come to a space dedicated to celebrating marginalised communities/commemorating their histories, and treat it like a festival, without ever engaging with that community in earnest or for anything other than personal gain. I can’t gatekeep anything and I personally like people in general coming to pride - just so long as they don’t behave like what I just described around LGBT individuals and communities.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

fwooper

VIP Member
no wonder she can keep selling her greenwashing shite if this is her customer base...

View attachment 460288

ah yes lets send back three perfectly good sets of pj’s to buy more JUST bc they’re TALA. you know it makes perfect sustainable sense to have the three returned sets go to landfill (as returns are known to), and then also cause all that pollution in more unnecessary returns/deliveries across the world!!!

what an idiot
Jesus the stupidity. This is why I'm feeling worried recently about how popular the concept of sustainable fashion has become. On one hand I'm so glad people are finally seeing how terrible the fast fashion industry is, but on the other hand I find it very worrying that people seem to think that being sustainable is as easy as just buying new things. The whole point of sustainability is that most of us can reduce our consumption considerably without negatively impacting our lives - buying new clothing every single week is still excessive and part of the problem, even it's from a supposedly 'sustainable' brand. We can't buy our way out of this crisis; we have to completely change our personal consumption patterns, which starts with not buying three fucking pyjama sets.

Also, the idea of needing 'sustainable' pyjamas is funny to me - think my old t-shirt and knickers combo is probably the most sustainable option out there instead of buying cheap sweaty polyester TALA stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 69

aemee321

Chatty Member
6768C763-4C30-406C-87AC-C184E02AF61F.png

Perhaps stop taking your dressings off whenever you wanna post a selfie and wear loose clothing rather than crap TALA bra’s that are way too tight??

Reactions: 68

Jlurking

Can’t stand influencers who treat their birthdays like it’s some sort of event. I’d be embarrassed to give my friends an event card like that just for my 24th lol, reeks of self importance.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

fwooper

VIP Member
While in isolation it’s not that deep but when we are able to piece together all her lies and exaggerations, just shows how much of a problem she has. I recall one of the first times I caught onto her doing this was back in her uni vlogs where she would be like ‘I have 30 minutes to make it to my dissertation meeting but I have to eat, shower, tan, get ready and walk there...which is a 20 minute walk’ and would somehow would manage it. Everyone in the comments would always praise her saying she was so efficient and had super human powers. At the time I was just amazed at how she was able to juggle so much and it honestly made me feel ashamed at what I thought was mismanagement and laziness but from what I know now she was without a doubt exaggerating. Like seriously, why exaggerate about something so silly?
Yeah when you put it all together it starts looking quite bizarre and seems like it's a compulsive thing for her. Claiming she was suspended from uni (but actually wasn't), claiming she had 5 dissertations, saying she read 10 books a week for uni, implying her tiny music scholarships were full-ride scholarships, saying she was completely financially independent since 18 despite living in the family home... the list could go on and on.

But the funniest exaggerations for me are the completely unnecessary ones where you're like, just why? e.g. the recent one saying she never had a printer. Or the time she was making the single bed in her uni room into a double, and told a dramatic story of how it took three trips from her room to Argos with the staff helping her carry it. Neglected to mention that Argos was a 30 second walk from her accommodation.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64

LucilleSi

Screenshot_20210309-183427_Instagram.jpg

This is a perfect proof how she has absolutely no idea what it means to be a small business owner with no safety net. I mean, seroiusly...delegate?! Does she even understand there are people out there investing all their money in their business?
And the only way these people can make it work is by doing ALL THE SHIT themselves for as long as possible and only outsource when they can really afford it.
It's like she really does not understand people without trust funds exist. -.-

Reactions: 64

July9696

Chatty Member
Found this post about Grace’s grandfather. How can she claim to be middle class/working class when her Grandad was literally a close friend of Margaret Thatcher. Don’t even get me started on how involved he was in the Falklands, another colonial move from the UK. But no, miss grace grew up poor and almost got kicked out of uni
“Fairly well known school near Slough”

Eton. He went to Eton.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Fucking hell if they’ve done her birthday cake for free three years in a row you’d think she’d offer to pay by now, especially as a small business in a pandemic 🤮

fwooper

VIP Member
grace u literally tweeted that u wanted to be a “good billionaire”

fuck out of here with ur condescending girl boss replies 🙄
I’m not a financial expert or a billionaire, but this part: “she’s extremely unlikely to have anywhere near that in liquid funds”... er, isn’t that true of basically every billionaire out there? Of course they don’t have a billion in the bank ready to spend, it’s diffused over assets. Billionaires don’t have their money sitting in banks all around the world - they keep it locked away safe in investments, non-liquid assets etc. But if they sold those things, they would have that money in liquid funds.

Having your billions in non-liquid form doesn’t make you any less of a billionaire, no idea what she means by this. It’s what billionaires do, and it’s how they become billionaires: their wealth is protected and not sitting in a bank.

cookiemunchmunch

Is it just me or does she look exactly like Montana in this pic? It's like she's turning into her...
I'm gonna say it - I don't care that I sound 687 years old; I hate the tongue out pose. Fucking hate it so much lol. At least Monmon is somewhat smizing, Grace needs to stop with the dead eyes look.

edit to add this gem:
8465C0A7-5B62-4B2D-8901-045F7AB20046.jpeg

Love how essential work is up to anyone’s own personal definition of the word.

Edit again: I blurred out the first @ mention but not the second one in the reply lol sorry for that faux pas 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha

Stephg264889

Chatty Member
Grace doing a bit on her story about a Harvard business review article around imposter syndrome

and the article is talking about changing workplaces not the people who experience imposter syndrome. White males are validated and confidence turns into competence etc. Which is fine. Females are always told they have imposter syndrome and they are problem etc. And TBF wouldn’t mind hearing this from anyone else

But grace genuinely has ALL the personality traits of a stereotypical white male leader. The narcissism, confidence etc. She SHOULD feel
imposter syndrome, and it’s not because she’s a woman (get over it because I honestly think your class privileges outweighs the few challenges you face as a woman)** .It’s because you’re lying about your company, selling it as something it’s not, going back on your ethics at every point and quite frankly are not qualified to be a ceo. It’s not age prejudice that young people don’t fill ceo positions, it’s because you should’ve acquired a bit more experience than “being cutey and growing your booty” before you think you can tell the word how to run a business based on your morning article reading 🙄🙄🙄

** edit just to add- I’m saying grace specifically faces very few and mild disadvantages as a woman. I obviously think for women in general there is a lot of inequality but class can outweigh gender in a lot of regards and grace will never face a lot of the female equality struggles that women campaign for daily

• Heart
Reactions: 62

Mamacita

VIP Member
Grace saying she wants to lose some weight cause boobs need to get smaller or she'd consider reduction because her back hurts. I can understand big boob problems but why not start with wearing bras that fit and are supportive? Is she for real

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 62