Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
as a supposed ‘feminist’ and gymwear-producer neither ms beverley herself nor her bras has managed to successfully support women. 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Grace doing a bit on her story about a Harvard business review article around imposter syndrome

and the article is talking about changing workplaces not the people who experience imposter syndrome. White males are validated and confidence turns into competence etc. Which is fine. Females are always told they have imposter syndrome and they are problem etc. And TBF wouldn’t mind hearing this from anyone else

But grace genuinely has ALL the personality traits of a stereotypical white male leader. The narcissism, confidence etc. She SHOULD feel
imposter syndrome, and it’s not because she’s a woman (get over it because I honestly think your class privileges outweighs the few challenges you face as a woman)** .It’s because you’re lying about your company, selling it as something it’s not, going back on your ethics at every point and quite frankly are not qualified to be a ceo. It’s not age prejudice that young people don’t fill ceo positions, it’s because you should’ve acquired a bit more experience than “being cutey and growing your booty” before you think you can tell the word how to run a business based on your morning article reading 🙄🙄🙄

** edit just to add- I’m saying grace specifically faces very few and mild disadvantages as a woman. I obviously think for women in general there is a lot of inequality but class can outweigh gender in a lot of regards and grace will never face a lot of the female equality struggles that women campaign for daily

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Drives me nuts how the captions on her stories never correspond to what she is actually saying. Her rambles are hard enough to understand by themselves, but when the captions say something completely different it adds another level of incomprehensibility. It's a struggle trying to listen to what she is saying and at the same time trying to read the captions which say something entirely different. Captions are there for accessibility, not for you to quickly add stuff that you forgot to say 😂

And because we all love to gawk at her terrible writing style, I've attached this for our amusement. That five-line long sentence at the top is just painful - felt like I'd just come up for air after getting to the end of it. There's nothing wrong with a few short sentences Grez!

Also, interestingly there's a teeny little privilege acknowledgement at the bottom there, but what's betting she goes on to the next page to explain why that private education didn't actually help her juggle stuff (notice how she uses the word "arguably", rather than admitting her privileged upbringing did give her those skills).

Attachments

Reactions: 27
How many unresearched claims is she going to make in this damn book. If you write a dreamt up mile long sentence with big words that doesn't make it true Grace....

Reactions: 27
Drives me nuts how the captions on her stories never correspond to what she is actually saying. Her rambles are hard enough to understand by themselves, but when the captions say something completely different it adds another level of incomprehensibility. It's a struggle trying to listen to what she is saying and at the same time trying to read the captions which say something entirely different. Captions are there for accessibility, not for you to quickly add stuff that you forgot to say 😂

And because we all love to gawk at her terrible writing style, I've attached this for our amusement. That five-line long sentence at the top is just painful - felt like I'd just come up for air after getting to the end of it. There's nothing wrong with a few short sentences Grez!

Also, interestingly there's a teeny little privilege acknowledgement at the bottom there, but what's betting she goes on to the next page to explain why that private education didn't actually help her juggle stuff (notice how she uses the word "arguably", rather than admitting her privileged upbringing did give her those skills).
Another one in that last paragraph too. The fact she reread it and probably said to herself ‘wow, very well said Grez’ with a smug little look. I reallyyyy hope she’s using some of her money to hire an editor

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She will never know that she is a narcissist.
The way he described men as incompetent and confident is an accurate description of Grace.
She doesn't do things with integrity and she did indulge in reckless risks such as the Dubai trip, forgetting to mention new suppliers, the list can go on and on.
She has no humility, she brags about getting a Tesla, she doesn't want to hear from anyone that has a difference of opinion on her activities. She is writing a bloody book about herself 😄
She is so confident that she overlooks her incompetence.
But no, only butthurt men can be this way and this doesn't at all reflect her own behavior.🙄

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 24
ha! It's like Harvard grads who describe themselves as having gone to 'college in Boston'.
except Slough makes it seem even less glamorous :LOL:

Grace doing a bit on her story about a Harvard business review article around imposter syndrome

and the article is talking about changing workplaces not the people who experience imposter syndrome. White males are validated and confidence turns into competence etc. Which is fine. Females are always told they have imposter syndrome and they are problem etc. And TBF wouldn’t mind hearing this from anyone else

But grace genuinely has ALL the personality traits of a stereotypical white male leader. The narcissism, confidence etc. She SHOULD feel
imposter syndrome, and it’s not because she’s a woman (get over it because I honestly think your class privileges outweighs the few challenges you face as a woman)** .It’s because you’re lying about your company, selling it as something it’s not, going back on your ethics at every point and quite frankly are not qualified to be a ceo. It’s not age prejudice that young people don’t fill ceo positions, it’s because you should’ve acquired a bit more experience than “being cutey and growing your booty” before you think you can tell the word how to run a business based on your morning article reading 🙄🙄🙄

** edit just to add- I’m saying grace specifically faces very few and mild disadvantages as a woman. I obviously think for women in general there is a lot of inequality but class can outweigh gender in a lot of regards and grace will never face a lot of the female equality struggles that women campaign for daily
yeah it is really like she just has to emphasise how difficult she has had it, how hard she has worked to build her business etc, so poor she had to babysit every night, so underpriviledged as a woman... etc etc , yes she probably would have had things easier as a man (with her same level of wealth etc) but she, even as a woman has had it much easier than loads of men just because of her level of priviledge.
Slightly OT but she really strikes me as the typical Tory kind of person who would be fine with huge gaps income inequality as "she works so hard" to be rich, as if people in low income jobs etc don't work hard

She will never know that she is a narcissist.
The way he described men as incompetent and confident is an accurate description of Grace.
She doesn't do things with integrity and she did indulge in reckless risks such as the Dubai trip, forgetting to mention new suppliers, the list can go on and on.
She has no humility, she brags about getting a Tesla, she doesn't want to hear from anyone that has a difference of opinion on her activities. She is writing a bloody book about herself 😄
She is so confident that she overlooks her incompetence.
But no, only butthurt men can be this way and this doesn't at all reflect her own behavior.🙄
I really think this is why she seems to constantly lose friends/flatmates, she only wants people that will mindlessly tell her how great she is rather than ever having a difference in opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I follow a very young and healthy Brit influencer who has asthma and she’s just got her first covid Vaccine. If Grace does not get it soon I’d be seriously questioning her “severe asthma and rescued lung capacity” claims

Reactions: 31

she's also really missing the mark here with what her privilege actually means. being privately educated does not mean you're more adept at balancing different priorities. people who weren't privately educated still have to multi task lol..........

Reactions: 34
also if she babysat every night... and hasn't spent the money over years, surely it would be WAY more. The fact she claims to have it still , regardless, just means she was getting money from her parents or something and din't need to spend it imo
I was wondering about the notes £5 and £10 they went out of circulation in 2017 and 2018 so it doesn’t make sense did she change them for new notes at the bank and put them back in the jar? Only I like saving cash and remember it being a bit of pain when they changed to them horrid oily plastic notes.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
"I'm sitting here - someone privately educated, who was lucky to have grown up juggling the expectation to achieve top grades while pursuing a range of extra-curricular activities and therefore arguably primed for a life of balancing"

I don't this is an adequate acknowledgement of her privilege tbh. She's placing the emphasis on how much exceptionally demanding, technically difficult work she had to do. She's still trying to squeeze in a bit of "My success is a result of MY ability to meet high expectations".

Private schools' high expectations are only possible because of their exceptional facilities and comparatively good treatment of their staff, which in turn only exist because of their funding. They are better staffed and the teachers are better paid, much less stressed and generally more qualified. The teachers would've been able to spend much more time supporting not just Grace's individual, core education, but also her extracurricular activities. And unlike in state schools, in private schools, you can reasonably expect most pupils to have access to tutoring and other support outside of school, which again decreases teachers' workloads. By and large, private school pupils wouldn't have had to share one computer, one desk or study space, or one bedroom, and wouldn't have had to support their parents financially or with housework. More time spent focusing on education = better class progression. Where private school kids get a Grace Beverley to babysit them, parents of state school kids in poor families often have no choice but to leave their children home alone whilst they work a late shift.

Grace's school would've offered a wide range of subjects and facilities - every class would have been offered e.g. triple science and language GCSEs, rather than just a few kids as is common in state schools. Pupils wouldn't have had to travel for PE. Private schools don't have to worry about failing an OFSTED inspection, and consequently, their teachers don't have to worry about being sacked as a result of a bad inspection. They are able to provide pastoral support, which many state schools can't, not effectively.

Grace, don't preface a conversation like this with a little humblebrag about how much your minted school expected of you and how multitalented you are - it's disrespectful and inappropriate :/

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Grace really, really doesn’t want to admit it’s her generational wealth that’s probably (plus being white and beautiful) the primary factor in her success. She’ll admit private school put her at an advantage, but deny how her family afforded private school her entire life. She’s definitely a narcissist.

Reactions: 42
Grace, don't preface a conversation like this with a little humblebrag about how much your minted school expected of you and how multitalented you are - it's disrespectful and inappropriate :/
Absolutely yes to all of the above. Ngl, “high performing” schools (private or not) can duck you up in plenty of ways, particularly if you’re from a minority, but Grez insinuating that poor her had to work too hard at school and that strips away her privilege is so hilariously off the mark. It’s like the people who say their weakness is being too much of a perfectionist.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
"I'm sitting here - someone privately educated, who was lucky to have grown up juggling the expectation to achieve top grades while pursuing a range of extra-curricular activities and therefore arguably primed for a life of balancing"

I don't this is an adequate acknowledgement of her privilege tbh. She's placing the emphasis on how much exceptionally demanding, technically difficult work she had to do. She's still trying to squeeze in a bit of "My success is a result of MY ability to meet high expectations”.
I’d actually argue that quote isn’t an adequate acknowledgement of her privilege, not because of the emphasis on the standard of work that was expected (and the private education she had), but more because the entire point of that quote was the highlighted “primed for a life of balancing” which makes no sense.

Plenty of children coming from non-privileged backgrounds learnt how to ‘balance’ and juggle a variety of tasks at one time, arguably harder ones than Grace.

Yes they likely weren’t taking a multitude of extra curriculars whilst being expected to achieve A* at GCSE, but they were likely (as others have pointed out) helping to run the household (cooking, cleaning), supporting younger siblings learning/education, and facing stressors of poverty whilst attempting to maintain the minimum required C grades needed for almost every job.

I would say that people from less privileged backgrounds are actually more “primed for a life of balancing”.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I’d actually argue that quote isn’t an adequate acknowledgement of her privilege, not because of the emphasis on the standard of work that was expected (and the private education she had), but more because the entire point of that quote was the highlighted “primed for a life of balancing” which makes no sense.

Plenty of children coming from non-privileged backgrounds learnt how to ‘balance’ and juggle a variety of tasks at one time, arguably harder ones than Grace.

Yes they likely weren’t taking a multitude of extra curriculars whilst being expected to achieve A* at GCSE, but they were likely (as others have pointed out) helping to run the household (cooking, cleaning), supporting younger siblings learning/education, and facing stressors of poverty whilst attempting to maintain the minimum required C grades needed for almost every job.

I would say that people from less privileged backgrounds are actually more “primed for a life of balancing”.
yeah same, I know pletny of private school educated people ( I did part of my education in one ) who, with pretty little knowledge/skills have done well due to contacts etc, honestly if I was hiring someone I would look more favorably on someone from a state school

Reactions: 9
yeah same, I know pletny of private school educated people ( I did part of my education in one ) who, with pretty little knowledge/skills have done well due to contacts etc, honestly if I was hiring someone I would look more favorably on someone from a state school
OT but I’m not sure I’d agree with you there, but only because it really depends on the school.

For instance, I know some people who went to a lower cost private school who’s parents could only afford as they had saved years before having children, and saved every last penny (no holidays, fewer presents) to afford to send their children there. And then I know some people who went to a state school, who had all the holidays, gifts and designer goods their hearts could desire, as their parents had that disposable income. Therefore I wouldn’t hire someone from a state school over someone privately educated ‘just because’.

For Grace I think where she falls down is by not acknowledging the correct privilege associated with her education. For example, here she claims her education primed her for life of balancing, when that isn’t an exclusive gift of a private education. She’d have been better acknowledging other aspects such as the dedicated resource to OxBridge candidates, higher standards of teaching, forced extra curriculars built into the day to flesh out those university applications etc.

Reactions: 14
OT but I’m not sure I’d agree with you there, but only because it really depends on the school.

For instance, I know some people who went to a lower cost private school who’s parents could only afford as they had saved years before having children, and saved every last penny (no holidays, fewer presents) to afford to send their children there. And then I know some people who went to a state school, who had all the holidays, gifts and designer goods their hearts could desire, as their parents had that disposable income. Therefore I wouldn’t hire someone from a state school over someone privately educated ‘just because’.

For Grace I think where she falls down is by not acknowledging the correct privilege associated with her education. For example, here she claims her education primed her for life of balancing, when that isn’t an exclusive gift of a private education. She’d have been better acknowledging other aspects such as the dedicated resource to OxBridge candidates, higher standards of teaching, forced extra curriculars built into the day to flesh out those university applications etc.
okay no i do agree with that, I phrased this badly. I just know SO many people who went to private schools who have ended up in really good/well paid jobs as a result of contacts - tbh I would never even look at someone's school in my line of work tbh ( which is not very prestigious or well paid anyway lol)

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.