Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
her editor was crap because this is an awfully worded sentence

i had to read it multiple times to understand it but maybe i’m just dumb lmao
Every snippet she shares is like this so I'll bet the sentence structure is like this throughout. God help whoever tries to read the whole thing. Kinda shows how lax the influencer book publishing process is - if you're a big enough name your book is getting published by the deadline regardless of whether it has been through a thorough copyediting process. Why would the publisher bother spending money on a thorough editing process when they know it'll sell like crazy regardless of the content?

And never mind being hustle-happy, she might wanna work her issue with being comma-happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
her editor was crap because this is an awfully worded sentence

i had to read it multiple times to understand it but maybe i’m just dumb lmao
Anyone else wish two of the broken keys on her old laptop were the comma and the hyphen?!

Even just to make this sentence make sense grammatically someone should have taken out that extra “then” in the final clause. Making it make actual sense though is a lost cause 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
With the shakey nervous voice !

maybe when she reads it aloud she’ll realise how badly written it is ha
Haha when she has to read the mile long sentences, she's deffo going to be out of breath very quickly 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I’m surprised that doing the audiobook isn’t showing her how wordy and unnecessarily complex some of her sentences are. When I read my work aloud I always end up having to change it, though I entirely believe that she thinks the more complex and complicated a sentence is the better.

Reactions: 27
I think her tactic is to make her writing so confusing and hard to read, it makes you feel like you’re dumb if you can’t understand it and therefore reinforces her superiority complex

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
I think her tactic is to make her writing so confusing and hard to read, it makes you feel like you’re dumb if you can’t understand it and therefore reinforces her superiority complex
It is ALL about a superiority complex
Who writes a book like that? Especially one that you want to appeal to young people.

I don’t really buy into this genre at all, I think it would be an unproductive use of time to read about graces experience of business and to do lists. But the similar books that do well are always written simply, use clear analogies, and are an easy read...

Reactions: 26
I’m surprised that doing the audiobook isn’t showing her how wordy and unnecessarily complex some of her sentences are. When I read my work aloud I always end up having to change it, though I entirely believe that she thinks the more complex and complicated a sentence is the better.
I don't understand why a book like this would be good as an audiobook, I am not a fan of audiobooks generally tbh but aren't they usually the kind of books people listen to to relax? like fiction? imagine listening to 30 minutes of this over complicated, long winded rubbish, no way you could focus/underestand anything

Reactions: 25
Forgive me if this has been mentioned (I'm very behind on the threads), but why does her forehead/eyebrows area look so different (raised?!)? It looks as though she's had work done! Am I the only one to see this?

Reactions: 10
I don't understand why if she wants to distance herself from the face of TALA etc then why she's back to modelling and appearing in their campaigns? Maybe they weren't doing as well so she's forced to try and promote it as glorified merch as someone mentioned earlier

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Forgive me if this has been mentioned (I'm very behind on the threads), but why does her forehead/eyebrows area look so different (raised?!)? It looks as though she's had work done! Am I the only one to see this?
She looks SO different, I agree, but I know nothing about cosmetic procedures so could not comment. It definitely looks like she's had something done though.

she has 100% had botox

Reactions: 7
I don't understand why a book like this would be good as an audiobook, I am not a fan of audiobooks generally tbh but aren't they usually the kind of books people listen to to relax? like fiction? imagine listening to 30 minutes of this over complicated, long winded rubbish, no way you could focus/underestand anything
I bet if re-edited the whole thing could be condensed to a 20 page document. It seems super blah and repetitive.

Reactions: 12
The pyjamas actually look so bad... it looks like windbreaker material or something similar? Tbh when I imagine “luxury” pyjamas they are super soft and breathable, not plastic sweat collectors 😬

Also the waistband makes them look so cheap...

Hooooo Jesus. Just looked at the prices for the pyjama collection. £20 just for the shorts... a full set costs £45! £10 for 3 scrunchies (which are all made from OFFCUTS)... but yeah, tala’s profit margins are so tiny poor Grace relies on adgifted food to survive 😢

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Think she was also getting critiqued for claiming she should've got full marks in her French A-Level because she is apparently fluent, even though that isn't how it works at all.
Aren't you not allowed to use A levels in languages you're fluent in in your uni applications anyway? 🤔 We were told (10 years ago, I'm old) that if you're bilingual and take an A level in your language then you have to declare it on your UCAS and the uni basically doesn't count it in your application (which is fair, because you don't have to put in much effort compared to people learning the language from scratch) Did her school let her lie to sidestep that rule or have they changed it?

Aren't you not allowed to use A levels in languages you're fluent in in your uni applications anyway? 🤔 We were told (10 years ago, I'm old) that if you're bilingual and take an A level in your language then you have to declare it on your UCAS and the uni basically doesn't count it in your application (which is fair, because you don't have to put in much effort compared to people learning the language from scratch) Did her school let her lie to sidestep that rule or have they changed it?
Both her parents are British, she learnt French because she was taught it in school when she was a child so I don’t think it’s the same. It’s more if French was her first language I think but she definitely had more of a leg up compared to others studying the language for the first time in secondary school at age 11.

Reactions: 11
So I'm pretty sure the fluency claim is another exaggeration from her. It's probably deleted but there was an old vlog of her visiting France and she is filming in a taxi, and the driver asks her a pretty simple question in French about why she is visiting and she got the completely wrong end of the stick, agreeing with him that the weather is lovely or something 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Does anyone know why her company is named TALA? I know she didn’t want her name on it and that’s why she got rid of the GraceFitUK brand but I don’t understand the new name at all. Especially since it gets confused with another brand and they now have to call it “wearetala” all the time.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.