Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bodycheckedout

A millionaire so obsessed with their pieces she had to wait years to be #adgifted a ring instead of just buying one herself 🥴
icy szn.JPG

"omggggg I've been OBSESSED with this company for how many years??" not even 2... their first insta post was "coming soon" from February 21st 2019 and their website went live in may of the same year. i know it's petty but she can't even fake suck up correctly lmfao

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62

splodge

Surely there's no way they can say they're not fast fashion after this ASOS partnership. Surely.....

greenvelvet

VIP Member
How disconnected from the average person's life does she have to be to suggest that you hire other people to support you in your business when you're a student? What student has the spare cash to hire someone like that? Does she honestly think small business owners have never thought about hiring someone before?

I can't believe people are still listening to her talk about productivity at all.

For Grace, it doesn't matter if she takes three days out of her 'CEO' work to work on her passion project. It doesn't matter if she goes on an extra long walk or takes the dogs out or gets chauffeured around by her housemate during work hours. She doesn't have to make up the hours if she chooses to do a workout during the day. It didn't matter when she was a student as she skived class and still came out the other end with an Oxford degree.

For the rest of us, it matters. If we don't want to do a task, we rack up a bad reputation at work and eventually will get sacked. At best, our employer lets us shift our hours around, but that work doesn't go anywhere - we have to give it space another time, and if we leave it til tomorrow, there will be double the work tomorrow because tomorrow brings its own tasks. We can't just decide to do self-improvement tasks and passion projects in lieu of working our jobs, and we can't just pay someone else to do our work for us. I feel like if you've never been in the position where you've had no choice but to do all your own work, you shouldn't be telling people how to manage their workloads.

Last edited:
  • Heart

fwooper

VIP Member
Jesus I thought someone had died from the tone of the start of the insta story she just did.

I guess that's what happens when you outsource to a factory overseas that you've never visited and have very little input into quality control etc...

• Haha
Reactions: 61
She’s so scared for this book launch you can tell
The minute this book comes out I’m gonna annotate it with corrections based on my experience studying in the same year as her at Uni (and all the subsequent dirt I heard from others).

No doubt that book is gonna be absolutely waterlogged with bullshit. Good luck.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

fwooper

VIP Member
Wonder what youtube videos she deleted as well 🤔
I just had a feeling and I checked and was right - she has deleted her 'How I got into Oxford' video (there's two, she deleted the one where she is in her uni room and wearing the dark lipstick if anyone remembers). I watched it only recently too. I'm guessing she took it down because there was a few critical comments there of people saying she glossed over her privilege and she snapped back with the usual stuff of how her parents worked hard/scholarship bullshit/etc. Think she was also getting critiqued for claiming she should've got full marks in her French A-Level because she is apparently fluent, even though that isn't how it works at all.

Think this is all part of her social media cleanup in advance of the book launch. Doesn't want any of the journalists who interview her coming across anything where she seems like a posh private school girl when they research her ahead of the interview. Same reason her Twitter was blitzed from the internet.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
View attachment 476470
Perhaps stop taking your dressings off whenever you wanna post a selfie and wear loose clothing rather than crap TALA bra’s that are way too tight??
So she’s pushing herself so hard in the gym that she’s broken her stitches twice, and in the same day has posted paragraphs from her book where shes talking about the importance of self care?
9E8C9E29-4F9B-4C61-8424-A572703768EF.jpeg

Why anyone would take advice from someone like her is just beyond me, pushing yourself to exercise to the point where you literally reopen a surgical wound TWICE is NOT normal behaviour. Her fanbase is full of brain dead fools

Also just to add, as much as she likes to make out that her insides are ‘hanging out’, let us remind ourselves that this was a mole removal. Not an invasive surgery.
It’s not a deep wound and it was done weeks ago now, the fact it’s still coming open is worrying and just shows shes taken absolutely no notice of the medical advice she would have been given to take it easy and not do strenuous exercise.
Gotta get that summer body for when covid is over though 🥵

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 60

chlosib

Chatty Member
no wonder she can keep selling her greenwashing shite if this is her customer base...

E665E11B-AB83-40C6-B72E-625530425E55.jpeg

ah yes lets send back three perfectly good sets of pj’s to buy more JUST bc they’re TALA. you know it makes perfect sustainable sense to have the three returned sets go to landfill (as returns are known to), and then also cause all that pollution in more unnecessary returns/deliveries across the world!!!

what an idiot

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
The babysitting money post has triggered me. The actual fuck?! Normal people would have needed to use that money to live during uni etc. No ordinary student has a jar of cash that they can just forget about for 5 years. (Aware she’s not a student now). She better be donating it all to charity as she clearly never needed it.

Reactions: 58

Moot88

Was just going over my saved instragram posts looking to reference a workout and stumbled upon this photo of grace I must have saved a few years back. I don’t remember now but probably saved it for travel inspiration and liked her overall look at that time. I’m astounded the person in the photo is who we are faced with today. As I believe others have mentioned, I think her true beauty really shines through when she favours her natural features (and wasn’t being a total twat). Lord knows why she’s traded that look in for the 5 coats of wood stain (high gloss) she slathers on now.
1CEB820C-578D-483B-B8C5-162D419269C7.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

greenvelvet

VIP Member
I'll be forever shocked by how she had all the odds stacked in her favour and she still failed. she's the daughter of a multi-millionaire family, had access to some of the best quality education in the world, from an educated family, went to Oxford, conventionally attractive and white, had agencies partnered with huge media outlets like the BBC backing her and covering her PR, never had to make ends meet, developed an audience that acted as a pre-existing customer base for her businesses...and she just fucked it, because she was greedy and lazy

What a wasted opportunity. Sure, she got wealthy, but TALA has not made a dent in the fashion industry, no matter how many gleam-funded articles and students in her comments say otherwise. Maybe she'll get richer selling the companies, but she still completely failed to make anything worthwhile with TALA & Shreddy

• Heart
  • Haha

lmem

Happy IWD from us to you! Instead of spending today critically thinking about the harms of patriarchy or engaging with articles and discussions about women's rights or fighting for the liberation of women, you should continue to feed into consumerism by buying our groundbreaking products! These gamechanging products are essential EMPOWERING items which give you free boob jobs and buttlifts to help you appeal to the male gaze in the most feminist and sustainable way! As a celebration of the women who make our clothes, we are increasing the wage of our female sweatshop workers to £2.90 an hour (only valid for 80+ hour work weeks). Don't forget to take the time to pray at the altar of capitalism after your SHREDDY workout! - love from the TALA team x #girlboss #sustainable #ethical #iwouldbeagoodbillionaire

• Heart
  • Haha

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
grace u literally tweeted that u wanted to be a “good billionaire”

fuck out of here with ur condescending girl boss replies 🙄
Also she literally tweeted it 18 months ago, why’s she trying to make out people are pulling up stuff she thought when she was like 17 years old
C6090B15-E050-4F6B-8384-BB38BEA2D3F4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

greenvelvet

VIP Member
"I'm sitting here - someone privately educated, who was lucky to have grown up juggling the expectation to achieve top grades while pursuing a range of extra-curricular activities and therefore arguably primed for a life of balancing"

I don't this is an adequate acknowledgement of her privilege tbh. She's placing the emphasis on how much exceptionally demanding, technically difficult work she had to do. She's still trying to squeeze in a bit of "My success is a result of MY ability to meet high expectations".

Private schools' high expectations are only possible because of their exceptional facilities and comparatively good treatment of their staff, which in turn only exist because of their funding. They are better staffed and the teachers are better paid, much less stressed and generally more qualified. The teachers would've been able to spend much more time supporting not just Grace's individual, core education, but also her extracurricular activities. And unlike in state schools, in private schools, you can reasonably expect most pupils to have access to tutoring and other support outside of school, which again decreases teachers' workloads. By and large, private school pupils wouldn't have had to share one computer, one desk or study space, or one bedroom, and wouldn't have had to support their parents financially or with housework. More time spent focusing on education = better class progression. Where private school kids get a Grace Beverley to babysit them, parents of state school kids in poor families often have no choice but to leave their children home alone whilst they work a late shift.

Grace's school would've offered a wide range of subjects and facilities - every class would have been offered e.g. triple science and language GCSEs, rather than just a few kids as is common in state schools. Pupils wouldn't have had to travel for PE. Private schools don't have to worry about failing an OFSTED inspection, and consequently, their teachers don't have to worry about being sacked as a result of a bad inspection. They are able to provide pastoral support, which many state schools can't, not effectively.

Grace, don't preface a conversation like this with a little humblebrag about how much your minted school expected of you and how multitalented you are - it's disrespectful and inappropriate :/

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Has anyone seen her updated Wikipedia article introduction!?

" Grace Margaret Beverley is London’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year (NatWest GBEA) and founder of sustainable style brand TALA and fitness tech brand Shreddy.[1][better source needed] Beverley founded TALA and Shreddy whilst studying as an undergraduate at St Peter's College, Oxford.[2] Grace was named in Forbes 30 under 30’s retail and e-commerce list, after graduating from Oxford University and having attained a Sustainable Business accreditation from Harvard Business School. Grace’s commitment to accelerate the slow-fashion space has led to features in Drapers, Forbes, CEO Today, VOGUE Business and Business Insider. .[2] "

Has she really included her online course from Harvard Business School... the word influencer does not feature once. She is trying so hard to market herself as an entrepreneur, such a fraud!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56