Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone looks so uncomfortable in that new Tala ad 🤮
I know!!! The faux lesbianism “ooooo we’re touching each other IN A BED so saucy” vibes are just… Grim. Especially bearing in mind current times, where most people haven’t touched friends and family members for a year.

On a lighter note, the way they’re talking about the scrunchies like they’re groundbreaking is making me lol. Using off-cuts for a scrunchy 🤯

Reactions: 39
I know!!! The faux lesbianism “ooooo we’re touching each other IN A BED so saucy” vibes are just… Grim. Especially bearing in mind current times, where most people haven’t touched friends and family members for a year.

On a lighter note, the way they’re talking about the scrunchies like they’re groundbreaking is making me lol. Using off-cuts for a scrunchy 🤯
Yeah why were they trying to make it so sexy, weird considering the pjs aren’t actually sexy theyre just like very practical lmao

Reactions: 21
The way Grace behaves around LGBT stuff makes me as a bisexual woman feel so uncomfortable - going by her word that she is straight, anyway.

She’s teasing the lesbianism thing to sexualise the advert.

It’s not the first time she’s exploited LGBT stuff in her business - the pride bands? But I genuinely can’t remember her talking about LGBT issues, ever. I find it strange as she is very opinionated most of the time.

She seems like the type of girl that would post pictures of herself being very cosy with her girl friends on Facebook to be seen as hot and a bit outrageous, but then in the comments would make it very clear that she’s straight. E.g., she and her friend might banter, “Going on a lesbian adventure xx” or “who needs boys anyway x” underneath the picture, often talking quite flippantly about it. But I can imagine her being uncomfortable around actual lesbians.

Despite never having non-straight friends, and probably distancing herself from gay women and men, she will still go to pride with every year with a group of straight girls dressed like it’s Boomtown or something.

There is a very specific type of middle class young white woman leftist that thinks because she is an activist and supports Labour, she can come to a space dedicated to celebrating marginalised communities/commemorating their histories, and treat it like a festival, without ever engaging with that community in earnest or for anything other than personal gain. I can’t gatekeep anything and I personally like people in general coming to pride - just so long as they don’t behave like what I just described around LGBT individuals and communities.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
Who drafts these releases?? ‘Yeah, well’ just sounds soooo lame and half arsed haha

Also I thought this was that other tala model at first she doesn’t look like grace ?
First of all take all that fake tan off your face and secondly, iron that cheap pair of pijamas next time before you use them for a photoshoot

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Don’t quote me on this but I seem to remember her saying she wanted to separate herself from her brands (or something like that) yet she still posts new tala drops on her personal Instagram. I think deep down she knows her brands are essentially glorified merch and a lot of people are buying because it’s Grace that’s made it, not because they truly believe in tala and their ‘sustainability’ or whatever. The longevity of her brand will definitely be compromised as people realise how much of a scam her products are

Reactions: 36
View attachment 460356View attachment 460357View attachment 460360View attachment 460362Don’t know how much you guys know about the Tala Depop but I just discovered it and some of the reviews are questionable to say the least
Looking at these reviews, and comparing them to the Trustpilot reviews recently. They're all 5 stars, raving the customer service for just responding to an email, something that should be expected anyway. It just screams to me that they are asking customers to put in a review on Trustpilot to leave a review on their customer service, which is the wrong way to use the Trustpilot platform imo. There are so many reviews now of people that haven't even received their orders, yet rave about the customer service responding to their emails. The proper way is for them to send a separate survey immediately following their customer service issue in order for the customer to clearly give an independent review on the service, and keep Trustpilot available for reviews once they have received their items and have actually used them.

As a potential customer (not me because I'll never buy Tala lol), I would be put off from these 5 star customer service review when they haven't received duck all yet.

Screenshot 2021-03-01 11.26.09.png

Screenshot 2021-03-01 11.26.01.png

Screenshot 2021-03-01 11.25.52.png

Reactions: 8

Yel

100% recycled? So the tala PJ's are plastic?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Here's an idea - if your USP involves using recycled materials, and those recycled materials aren't typically ones that are breathable, maybe just don't make a product that 99.9% of people would expect to be made of breathable fabrics.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Who drafts these releases?? ‘Yeah, well’ just sounds soooo lame and half arsed haha

Also I thought this was that other tala model at first she doesn’t look like grace ?
the use of "we wanted to sell that" is really odd, surely would be more usual to say recreate that or something...very telling i guess :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Looking at these reviews, and comparing them to the Trustpilot reviews recently. They're all 5 stars, raving the customer service for just responding to an email, something that should be expected anyway. It just screams to me that they are asking customers to put in a review on Trustpilot to leave a review on their customer service, which is the wrong way to use the Trustpilot platform imo. There are so many reviews now of people that haven't even received their orders, yet rave about the customer service responding to their emails. The proper way is for them to send a separate survey immediately following their customer service issue in order for the customer to clearly give an independent review on the service, and keep Trustpilot available for reviews once they have received their items and have actually used them.

As a potential customer (not me because I'll never buy Tala lol), I would be put off from these 5 star customer service review when they haven't received duck all yet.

View attachment 461027
View attachment 461028
View attachment 461029
I genuinely find it baffling that they’re getting so many 5* reviews for doing the bare minimum of what a business is meant to do? And the fact that so many of those reviews have a caveat; something broke, they were sent the wrong thing, constant drops on the website meant they had to email to only get charged one extortionate delivery fee etc… How that doesn’t take a star off I’ll never understand!

The way Grace behaves around LGBT stuff makes me as a bisexual woman feel so uncomfortable - going by her word that she is straight, anyway.

She’s teasing the lesbianism thing to sexualise the advert.

It’s not the first time she’s exploited LGBT stuff in her business - the pride bands?

There is a very specific type of middle class young white woman leftist that thinks because she is an activist and supports Labour, she can come to a space dedicated to celebrating marginalised communities/commemorating their histories, and treat it like a festival, without ever engaging with that community in earnest or for anything other than personal gain. I can’t gatekeep anything and I personally like people in general coming to pride - just so long as they don’t behave like what I just described around LGBT individuals and communities.
Hard same here. She 100% comes across as the kind of girl who has one cis white gay male friend who she treats like a pet but thinks she’s god’s gift to the gays because she goes to a corporate pride festival once a year and humblebrags “it’s so nice to go out and not have loads of creepy guys looking at me”.

Two other observations: 1. She’s definitely not dating women with her terrifying scummy talons and 2. I hate that hideous band. If you’re going to do a pride band at least make it in actual rainbow colours instead of jamming together whatever bright-ish colours were left over.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Have I missed the memo that droopy eyes are in? I get bedroom eyes but dear god there’s not a speck of life left in these dead eyes. Looking like she’s hooked up to a ventilator asking for mercy.
8729D1CA-5664-419E-B81F-17982A1EFFE7.jpeg
6B419B60-127B-4717-91D8-DBF5E0A81338.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 45

Yel

Sorry if already posted but the most liked shreddy reviews on google play say it all:

1614613613842.png

1614613640970.png

Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.