Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
"I'm sitting here - someone privately educated, who was lucky to have grown up juggling the expectation to achieve top grades while pursuing a range of extra-curricular activities and therefore arguably primed for a life of balancing"

She is truly delusional, and still promoting the narrative she is far superior than everyone. Like others have said this is extremely offensive, and not an acceptable acknowledgement of her privilege. But, either way, she is still attributing her business successes to herself alone, and not acknowledging actual external help - beyond the privilege associated with being an extremely rich white girl.

As this thread has discussed many times the reason she's "successful" is because she's an influencer, not because she is a successful entrepreneur. Without her following, I truly don't believe she has the intellect or business know-how to set up a business herself, rich or not. If she hadn't gained thousands of followers from basically taking photos of her bum, she would not have "set up" her businesses - which in reality, she had no part of establishing or had any level of risk in setting up due to companies like Genflow, help from her father, a huge fan base etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

XMMX

Real lack of inclusive sizing, the XL pyjamas are quite obviously too small for this model.
Screenshot_20210304-192933.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-192914.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-192800.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-192733.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow

puddingpunchxo

4BFDE913-C0CA-4BCE-BE02-E47EED0DFB4B.png
81FD5055-E763-40DD-AF42-81D62F98C63C.png
4EA41988-6CA5-4A63-B895-6AE13EF9FCDD.png
C9B0B43E-4212-4FA3-876D-935DD88D404D.png
Don’t know how much you guys know about the Tala Depop but I just discovered it and some of the reviews are questionable to say the least

• Wow
  • Angry

Yel

Chatty Member
She has no intention of getting a cake from anywhere other than the place that's given her a free cake 3 years in a row :rolleyes: How profound.

Reactions: 54

fwooper

VIP Member
Bit off topic but I came across Courtney Boateng recently, and I feel like she is everything that Grace claims/wants to be. She's a 23 year old entrepreneur, went to Cambridge and was hustling and making money during her studies. She has been working since she was a young teenager (actually working, not babysitting for her next door neighbour) and truly did start her own business with no external investment. And she took risks - genuine risks - because she didn't have the safety net of the cushty socioeconomic background. Really recommend checking her out; I was smiling to myself watching this video because there were so many parallels between her story and the stories Grace tells, but hers is far more authentic and impressive.

• Heart
  • Haha

monkey91

she posted a story a week or two ago about Whitney Wolfe becoming a billionaire and now there should be no billionaires? make up your mind dude. we all know you're a hardcore capitalist.

BlairWaldorf86

VIP Member
Grace really opened Pandora’s fucking box releasing this sea of student wellness influencers into the ether. If I see one more Instagram post of a 20 year old, low contact hour, middle-upper-middle class student in some sponsored Gymshark-esque co-ord captioned “✨💫 GRATITUDE 💫✨” or “Make time, not excuses 👏” , I’m going to lose my mind!

Their fitness content is usually OK but they’re usually unqualified, plus it’s so annoying hearing this stuff in the context of productivity, especially from someone that hasn’t had to work full time yet/that is basically just parroting Grace. It’s like hearing another Grace talk about productivity - one is more than enough, thanks 😩 at least they’re not flapping their fendi all over the place
Dying at this! Would have been great for a thread title... "Greasy face, big disGrace, flapping her Fendi all over the place" :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart

chlosib

Chatty Member
Where I am from, staying with your parents is quite normal (as they (or their parents) often build their house so it can acommodate 2-3 generations, usually in separate floors) but I still have no proper savings. If you're bad with money, nothing helps :D

Just for intermezzo as I find it interesting how unusual it is in other parts of EU/world for someone to live with their family.
Honestly I don’t find it that unusual in the UK - I know so many people who still live at home with their parents into their mid-late twenties! I think it’s harsh when other people say they’re ‘taking advantage’ of their parents and ‘sponging’.

They’re just lucky to be in the position where their parents can help them financially by providing housing whilst they save. Its not the average twenty-somethings fault that rent can be extortionate and house prices are ridiculous. If parents can help them out (and I know not everyones can), then they will.

What I do take issue with is those who contribute to articles saying how ‘easy’ it is to own property etc. when they omit that they lived with their parents and were totally financed by them (no rent/bills payed to parents) for years. That’s just plain dishonesty (like Grace saying she was financially independent but lived under her parents roof).

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
Has anyone seen her updated Wikipedia article introduction!?

" Grace Margaret Beverley is London’s Young Entrepreneur of the Year (NatWest GBEA) and founder of sustainable style brand TALA and fitness tech brand Shreddy.[1][better source needed] Beverley founded TALA and Shreddy whilst studying as an undergraduate at St Peter's College, Oxford.[2] Grace was named in Forbes 30 under 30’s retail and e-commerce list, after graduating from Oxford University and having attained a Sustainable Business accreditation from Harvard Business School. Grace’s commitment to accelerate the slow-fashion space has led to features in Drapers, Forbes, CEO Today, VOGUE Business and Business Insider. .[2] "

Has she really included her online course from Harvard Business School... the word influencer does not feature once. She is trying so hard to market herself as an entrepreneur, such a fraud!
Get that information about my grandfathers insane wealth off my wikipedia page right now 😤
5C4C5721-F6EF-4FDC-865A-1052FD8921EA.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 53

fwooper

VIP Member
View attachment 476470
Perhaps stop taking your dressings off whenever you wanna post a selfie and wear loose clothing rather than crap TALA bra’s that are way too tight??
Yeah, I don't mean to be insensitive but she has been posting herself working out every day in super tight workout gear. Like... maybe don't workout for a few weeks and wear some breathable clothing that isn't going to rub against it. Seems like a pretty obvious first step? There's a picture of her in the gym today in a bra which is so tight that she has quad-boob, so can't imagine that's comfortable on her stitches either.

Reactions: 52

fwooper

VIP Member
It’s pissing me off that clothing brands in general are treating photoshoots as essential work. In the first lockdown they were sending clothes to the models at home and they’d do creative pictures at home which worked fine - what’s so different about this (deadlier!) lockdown?

• Heart
Reactions: 52

bumblebee14

Noticed that after being called out for not having disabled models, Tala have now used a model with downs syndrome. She's gorgeous, and I'm glad they've hired her, but I can't help but wonder if they would've hired her if they hadn't been called out

Reactions: 51

Kt92

This “damaged stock” could actually be completely fine but they’ve messed up the spec when giving details to the manufacturer. Owning a small activewear brand myself, I know that any stock that is damaged (which if you have a high quality supplier is extremely rare) through transit would be all insured with the transport couriers such as DHL etc. In the six years of running an activewear brand, we’ve not once encoutered damaged goods through transport. It’s either Tala have messed up with the spec and details or the manufacturer has. Individual items packed in bulk boxes do not get damaged in transit.

My bet is that the stock they received a day before launch wasn’t correct in terms of colour/sizing/detail and they were so last-minute to check that they‘ve realised and put together this story.

• Wow
  • Heart

BigDee

I remember she had a video where she was upset about having to pay a 45% tax bill but she still had enough to buy a house in London and rebuild it completely so she must have made a few million considering. I am sure this is the most profitable thing she’s done but it’s so bad that she charged people that much for information you could easily get for free online that she copied from other people. 😒😒
She’s vocally left wing until the tax man comes knocking.

• Haha

WeloveAmber

Chatty Member
My
The point is that Montana has made a big song and dance about how her brand is so revolutionary because it's "size inclusive", except their size range isn't that impressive at all. A lot of high street brands are offering up to size 20 (or more) these days. It's just classic all talk and no action for a brand to make their marketing all about body positivity and catering to all sizes when in reality their range is actually below the industry standard in terms of sizing. I can see why this person is annoyed - don't make your marketing all about inclusivity and plus sized women if your range doesn't actually cater to those women.

Not to mention from the pictures of the bikinis, the ones which are supposedly for plus-sized women don't even fit - boobs are falling out all over the place.
My boyfriends friend works at a marketing agency down in London and he just informed me that she recently just hired them because the swimwear brand isn’t selling and she’s lost out on thousands of her own money because of it and because she released it when no ones going to buy it because we can’t go on holiday...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50