Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Minttu

VIP Member
With everything that has been going on lately, I just want to say that I hope everyone has had a decent day today💚

And that I am so grateful for this community we have here, and the sanctuary it is for us!

Also because its world's mental health day, today, do something good for yourself in the last hours of the day 💚

And remember: you're always allowed to rant and let of some steam here, we're here for you❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
just from previous thread!

a few sources on twitter are saying that seb brought this exact scenario up in the drivers meeting on tuesday (i think?) and expressed concern, and then look what happened. i bet he has some things to say post-race.

i can’t remember if it was this thread or the other one but someone said that his decision to retire might be influenced by general disappointment with how the sport is being run now, and i get that.
Yeah, I think there really needs to be some discussion about the FIA in general. There are just too many inconsistencies and mad decisions now. Basically Seb should just take their place single handedly. Would be much fairer and no one would kick off too much because they actually respect him.

Reactions: 17

aidil

VIP Member
You want me to beat up someone? I can put on some spurs and kick them with them in my boots.

Do something nice for yourself, put on a good show or make a cup of hot chocolate, have a beer or an espresso Martini if that's what you want today, sounds like you need it❤
Hard day - lost a patient and I’ve been crying since I got home because I keep thinking is there anything else I could’ve done to stop it 😔 It’s days like these when I hate living by myself. Cos I just get home and start spiralling without anyone to debrief with 🤦‍♀️

Thanks beaut, I’ve had a lazy night on the sofa with my cat and already in bed ready to roll again tomorrow. Don’t have the luxury of getting in my head about this now I’m the only nurse 🙃

Sorry to bring the vibe down guys, just feel a bit lost! 😭

• Heart
  • Sad

Bobby1743

VIP Member
With everything that has been going on lately, I just want to say that I hope everyone has had a decent day today💚

And that I am so grateful for this community we have here, and the sanctuary it is for us!

Also because its world's mental health day, today, do something good for yourself in the last hours of the day 💚

And remember: you're always allowed to rant and let of some steam here, we're here for you❤
Thank you for your message.

Actually, I cried the whole evening. My son told me tonight he is feeling down lately. His schoolwork is not going well. He smiles less. He works hard, but nothing seems to go well.
I am worried. He had some tough years in school being bullied.
Now a new school and he is feeling safe, but school is difficult for him. Now he is feeling down.
So many worries. Never imagined being a mom would be this hard sometimes.

So your sweet message helped me tonight.❤

Thank you

• Heart
  • Sad

e456

Agree with you wholeheartedly. I am still so angry about AD21. Sorry to anyone supporting Max but it wasn’t his title last year and there would have such outrage if Lewis had been in his position. This season has been hard going and seeing stories about the vile comments used about Lewis by the Piquet family is just flaming the fire. And seeing Kelly so jubilant when she was in effect condoning everything isn’t right. And if the budget cap has been breached how is fair to all the other drivers and teams?
I’m so glad you said this, sometimes it feels like I’m just shouting into the void about the whole thing. Every time Max is on the podium and Kelly’s there, even if Lewis is there too, I turn the tv off and just look at photos afterwards. It’s just ruined it for me. This sports never been 100% fair but this is too far

I don’t want to sound like a conspiracist here but regardless of that, Red Bull seems to have some sort of weird FIA immunity. Whenever shit hits the fan, they benefit.

Checo had two safety car infringements last week, got one penalty with a chance to explain himself. Charles gets slammed with a penalty immediately. Just as the most recent example. Or even yesterday, Max not getting a penalty for driving so slow in quali and impeding Lando. Whereas others have gotten one. Checo wears his wedding ring, nbd, Lewis gets fined for his nose stud.

I’m sure it’s just a coincidence but yeah, they’re not gonna get penalized for the cost cap. Aston Martin probably is gonna be though because they’re Aston Martin.
Spot on. People shouldn’t be debating penalties anyway, that’s never happened. It was like last year in Saudi when Masi was offering penalties to Red Bull and making “deals” with them about what to do. Masi was a scapegoat. The stewards are corrupt, as are those higher up

• Heart
Reactions: 16

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I'm so upset for Pierre. He must have been in shock. The FIA should be ashamed of themselves 😡
The FIA have no shame. It's embarrassing.

F1 has never got over Charlie Whiting dying. And the FIA are just getting worse with their stewarding, rule changes, shambolic everything.

F1 needs to breakaway, get Seb and George to sit down and rewrite the rulebook, they both know the current one. And then let Seb be in charge of F1 race direction, stewarding etc.

• Heart

aidil

VIP Member
I will bid you all good night with this excellent point made by Iona - Yuki is in his Lady Di revenge dress era 💁🏼‍♀️ Discuss.

1665441030236.jpeg

• Heart

e456

Honestly today has just made me hate this sport even more. There’s no integrity, the FIA are getting worse as the days go by, every single race there’s something new. How much longer can it go on like this, it feels like we’re inching towards the breaking point really in regards to the FIA

Reactions: 15

LaBlonde

VIP Member

rare binotto facts.

also this is awesome! i love when you can see their eyes and expressions:

• Heart
  • Haha

aidil

VIP Member
Update - I’m back home and still angry. Campaign starts for the FIA to cover counselling fees for Gasly fans 🥴

Pierre’s posts on Twitter regarding the TRACTOR not Pierre Gasly incident:

1665354925239.jpeg

Wonder if he could give the FIA some tips on taking accountability for one’s actions… ☕

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
He’s speaking like a man who knows nothing really matters anymore and I’ve never been able to relate to him this much
yup I think he's done with the BS too. I think a lot of things will come to a head over the next few days. Most of the drivers and teams haven't said too much this year but it doesn't matter now so we'll definitely be hearing more.

• Heart

e456

Reason 214 to not go on social media today 🙄

View attachment 1637490
And this is what I mean when I say I can’t stand this sport anymore. I’m sure it’s always been bad and maybe I’m looking back with rose tinted glasses but the amount of toxicity these days is beyond comprehension. It makes me really sad actually. At least all the drivers have had Pierre’s back, I liked how George said something like “it’s not the Gasly incident, it’s the FIA incident” when asked about it

• Heart

Albrouze

Chatty Member
Hard day - lost a patient and I’ve been crying since I got home because I keep thinking is there anything else I could’ve done to stop it 😔 It’s days like these when I hate living by myself. Cos I just get home and start spiralling without anyone to debrief with 🤦‍♀️

Thanks beaut, I’ve had a lazy night on the sofa with my cat and already in bed ready to roll again tomorrow. Don’t have the luxury of getting in my head about this now I’m the only nurse 🙃

Sorry to bring the vibe down guys, just feel a bit lost! 😭

It's hard when you have to handle the aftermath of everything on your own. Also hard not to go through the 'what ifs' and find ways to blame yourself, even if you know there is nothing that you could have done. I'm sorry you've had a rough day.

I treat some patients who are very sick and while I don't deal first-hand with death, it is an aspect of my job that I think about a lot. For me, it's because I'm working in the US (may be the same in other countries) and I feel like no doctor/practitioner wants to have a conversation about death with a patient & we keep treating people until their death when they would be better off having a higher quality of life without intervention or other care.

Sorry the tangent! You're not alone in this and not dragging anyone down.

• Heart

Blablabla29

VIP Member
I think i am losing faith in this sport tbh. I didn't look at social medias until now because i was angry enough with what happen during the race. And i thought that all the fans (or at least 99% of them) would be fuming at the fia for the tractor incident just like all the drivers/team principals/journalists. But damn how wrong i was... For the comments i saw it is like 50-50. People are going at Pierre because "Come on he knew a car was out so why was he driving this fast. And he is supposed to be one of the best driver in the world so he should be able to avoid a crane if he wants" 🙄🙄 And i'm like are they stupid? Or we just don't watch the same sport? Or they just want crashes for the show, and this is the worst honestly.
I was glad there is no racing next week so i could cut with f1 a bit and then remember that we are supposed to have the budget cap report tomorrow 😫
I think i have never been this disppointed in the sport except for Abu Dhabi last year 😣

• Sad
  • Heart

aidil

VIP Member
Thank you my lovelies, this is why I love this thread. You’re all so wonderful and supportive 💕

It was a little dog who had been hit by a van so the risk of something bad happening was always going to be high. I’ve lost patients in other circumstances before but never under anaesthetic and I didn’t realise how much worse it is. Because her little life was in my hands, I feel so responsible! The rational part of me knows I couldn’t have done anything else to stop it because her injuries were so severe, but the stupid guilty anaesthetist part of my brain is like YOU ARE THE WORST. Because that’s how we’re programmed as nurses and I hate it 🥲

@Albrouze I can only imagine what a minefield it is in human healthcare - it’s emotive enough in veterinary! I always say “just because we can, it doesn’t mean we should” and I think that could probably be applied to both industries when it comes to treatment 😞

Thanks @Minttu, us single ladies have to find coping mechanisms after crappy days at the office. I love that your dog is your personal counsellor 😂 Can she give tips to Darwin please? I was trying to cry on him and he just wandered off into another room… CATS! 🙄

• Heart

e456

It’s completely gross isn’t it? So many people just treating these guys as if they’re robots in a car on track for our entertainment - they’re HUMAN BEINGS. Pierre looked so shaken up after today, it really brings it home how much they put on the line every Sunday. I’ve seen other morons calling the drivers snowflakes etc and to just get on with it cos they’re paid a lot of money. Sorry, does earning a nice salary mean they lose their right to safety? What complete idiocy.

And don’t get me started on how most of these comments appear to be made by men. And people say women coming into the sport has dragged it down? Hahahahaha, what a joke.
Bless Pierre, honestly, you rarely see a driver so visibly shook up like that. The whole Sky segment of them blaming him was uncomfortable viewing, everyone acting like he was shouting at the team for no reason when he was actually just venting about an incredibly unsafe situation. I just feel like it’s summed up this whole season tbh. Bad vibes all round, thank god it’s nearly over

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
just from previous thread!

George eyeing up Sebs spot as voice of the drivers. Bet Seb has something choice to say on this too...
a few sources on twitter are saying that seb brought this exact scenario up in the drivers meeting on tuesday (i think?) and expressed concern, and then look what happened. i bet he has some things to say post-race.

i can’t remember if it was this thread or the other one but someone said that his decision to retire might be influenced by general disappointment with how the sport is being run now, and i get that.