F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Max you are the champion... Or not.... Some are still counting. Pure chaos as usual by FIA.

We were absolutely robbed from happy sweaty hugs, not even Kelly had time to perform for the cameras. Hopes are high for an USA party.

1665305008149.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
just from previous thread!

George eyeing up Sebs spot as voice of the drivers. Bet Seb has something choice to say on this too...
a few sources on twitter are saying that seb brought this exact scenario up in the drivers meeting on tuesday (i think?) and expressed concern, and then look what happened. i bet he has some things to say post-race.

i can’t remember if it was this thread or the other one but someone said that his decision to retire might be influenced by general disappointment with how the sport is being run now, and i get that.

Reactions: 15
Happy new thread! This is a really a strange situation. Everyone is confused about the tittle and the race. Today was really a shitshow from the FIA. But congrats to Max for his championship he drive really well all season.

Reactions: 7

rare binotto facts.

also this is awesome! i love when you can see their eyes and expressions:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Sometimes I just can’t with other McLaren fans. Everyone going on about how Daniel’s strategy was tit when the man refused to pit because he felt unsure of the conditions? It’s not like McLaren can force him, he’s the guy driving the car - these things just happen sometimes and some people really feel the need to put the blame on someone. It’s just no one’s fault, it’s just the situation. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 14
Sometimes I just can’t with other McLaren fans. Everyone going on about how Daniel’s strategy was tit when the man refused to pit because he felt unsure of the conditions? It’s not like McLaren can force him, he’s the guy driving the car - these things just happen sometimes and some people really feel the need to put the blame on someone. It’s just no one’s fault, it’s just the situation. 🤦🏻‍♀️
They have time to talk about McLaren too ? 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Happy new thread! 😍 I am still complete Sharl-style confusion and just want to watch a damn replay.

I can’t imagine how scary this must’ve been for him! 😭 Sky are still continuing the “Pierre needs to take responsibility” propaganda.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Happy new thread! 😍 I am still complete Sharl-style confusion and just want to watch a damn replay.

I can’t imagine how scary this must’ve been for him! 😭 Sky are still continuing the “Pierre needs to take responsibility” propaganda.
I’m so glad i don't have sky because my blood is boiling 😡 thankfully drivers are behind Pierre

• Heart
Reactions: 11
just from previous thread!

a few sources on twitter are saying that seb brought this exact scenario up in the drivers meeting on tuesday (i think?) and expressed concern, and then look what happened. i bet he has some things to say post-race.

i can’t remember if it was this thread or the other one but someone said that his decision to retire might be influenced by general disappointment with how the sport is being run now, and i get that.
Yeah, I think there really needs to be some discussion about the FIA in general. There are just too many inconsistencies and mad decisions now. Basically Seb should just take their place single handedly. Would be much fairer and no one would kick off too much because they actually respect him.

Reactions: 17
Yeah, I think there really needs to be some discussion about the FIA in general. There are just too many inconsistencies and mad decisions now. Basically Seb should just take their place single handedly. Would be much fairer and no one would kick off too much because they actually respect him.
Today was absolute madness. Just duck up after duck up and not taken responsibility for a single one of them.
Still raging mad at Sky. What they did today was so disgraceful.

A bit sad that the championship thing has taken precedence over the safety concerns though.

Happy new thread! What a weird day and it’s not even lunchtime. Do we think the discussion about WDC will continue ‘officially’? Like will they issue any clarification about the chequered flag timing? I’m so confused. Will they back down about the tractor situation? I feel like the drivers will keep that one alive, with good reason

Totally, sometimes his strategy has been poor but today was not one of those days. Drivers have autonomy, especially in wet conditions where they can actually feel it around the track

Reactions: 9
I have so much anger already and I’ve not even watched the race. duck this sport.

Oh yeah I’ve seen these comments. But they are the Daniel stans not McLaren fans. Quite clearly states on McLaren app that Daniel said no when asked to box. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Off topic but I can’t cope if this wee darling has no seat next year

• Heart
Reactions: 8

(there’s green lights on seb’s or lance’s car, right? what an absolute mess)

the race should never have started tbh. even without this, it was dangerous, and carlos’ crash was terrifying (if he’d spun even slightly more into the track, no one could see he was there!)

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Today was absolute madness. Just duck up after duck up and not taken responsibility for a single one of them.
Still raging mad at Sky. What they did today was so disgraceful.

A bit sad that the championship thing has taken precedence over the safety concerns though.
I'll be honest, Pierre should have checked his speed, especially in those conditions....I'll concede that much. But we all know that tractor shouldn't have been there and the absolute arrogance of the FIA in refusing to acknowledge they were wrong is just exhausting. Today has been an absolute tit show because of them. Again. And because it's been a tit show no one quite knows how to react despite Max becoming WDC again and the fact that the small amount of racing that we DID get was pretty exciting.
Also can we just take a moment to announce Checo as Wingman of the season for the 2nd time. Seriously, he helped Max win last year and he did it again this year! The least Max can do is help that man win in Mexica.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.