F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven't thought about it for few hours, and now that came back to it for a while, I am more mad at FIA with every minute now. To the extend of wanting to hear even what Nico Rosberg has to say about the race and that is something :(:rolleyes::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I completely missed that Latifi finished P9 and finally won some points 🤣🤣 let's go Nicky 🥲

• Haha
I haven't thought about it for few hours, and now that came back to it for a while, I am more mad at FIA with every minute now. To the extend of wanting to hear even what Nico Rosberg has to say about the race and that is something :(:rolleyes::LOL:
don’t say his name! he’ll awaken from his lair! 🤣

(but honestly, me too. he does talk some sense sometimes and i think he would have been more on jenson’s side today)

• Haha
  • Heart
Omg! Seeing Nicos name reminds me that I got a Norwegian commercial with him on YouTube the other day. Didn't catch that it was him before the ad was almost over, so I didn't see if it said "Formula one Champion" in it 😂
But I laughed so hard at it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9

(but honestly, me too. he does talk some sense sometimes and i think he would have been more on jenson’s side today)
My husband was leaving for the airport while I was watching the race & asked if Nico was commentating from his lair 😂 I subject him to way too much F1-related content..

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Lando is really promoting every kind of video games, after Halo this is Call of Duty 😂

And the 2 frenchs streamers at the end struggling so much with english 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I used to watch all the races on F1TV, but my husband has a YouTubeTV subscription to watch football and F1TV doesn't have an app on our TV. So, it's easier to watch races on ESPN. I like Sky/ESPN because they show the gridwalk and anthem. I like all the build up to the race.

I agree about Jenson. I'm not sure I've listened to him before. If I was, I wasn't aware of it. He was really good today.
I am geoblocked by sky, so the only opportunity for me is to switch to their commentary in f1tv and watch mirror clip versions of Ted sometimes:) so my opinions of Sky coverage are limited to that only. I was quite annoyed today though, but also fell more for Jnsn,all my jokes aside about him, his commentary was what I expect commentary to be, balanced and insightful.

Reddit F1 has a separate thread about Sky coverage today and that is something, because as we know reddit is not the nicest place at all also towards drivers (I honestly check it for the news sometimes but avoid comments 90% of the time) so if they make a thread about how bad sky was, it's bad.

I kind of want to also lure @Rayne :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Went on a lovely long walk to clear my head and now at a friend’s house about to have a movie night (just waiting for her to get her baby down for the night 😅). Still feeling a bit miserable about today though.

I think it’s all the toxic masculinity that’s getting to me too. Idiots acting as if these drivers are all pAnSiEs now because they don’t want to risk their lives. It’s disgusting.

I’m glad Pierre has stuck to his guns on his insta post too. Sad that what should have been an exciting weekend for him has ended in controversy 😟

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ooooh that sounds very unique Miss A. Have a great lunch and let us know how it goes.

Why do Sky always seem to find Horner everywhere? He’s not as popular as they or he think he is. I don’t understand this sudden hold that Red Bull have over the FIA and Sky.
Regarding the budget cap - if teams are going to break it, don’t have one. I don’t seem it has made much difference in the running order. If there hadnt been a cap Mercedes arguably could have sorted the porpoising issue quicker and actually have a chance in the constructors.
Thank you 🥰🥰🥰. It was lovely!
I definitely think there’s been an issue with RB and the budget cap but there has been some sort of FIA deal done with them. Although I do think this was done a while back as there has been so much questionable behaviour and favouritism of RB for the past two seasons now.
Also all this oh Honda and RB and winning in the home of Honda- there’s something really weird there. As I understand it Honda announced they were leaving F1, RB said they would develop their own engine but asked the FIA for an engine freeze whilst they did that. But Honda are still on the scene and developing whilst no one else can?! Most of that I’ve got from twitter so not sure about all the details.
I just feel really done with F1 at the minute. It’s a corrupt tit show. I’m glad we haven’t renewed our sky subscription as I just don’t want to watch it any more.
@LaBlonde nooooo my comment wasn’t aimed at you at all. Please don’t think that! I love your analysis and don’t think you’re sweeping the racism elements away 🥰🥰🥰.

@e456 I totally agree RE Kelly. Everyone wants to say tit about the other WAGS and drag them but
I think Kelly gets a free pass and on the other thread it very much felt like you couldn’t criticise her. If I were working for PR or Social media for RB I wouldn’t have her all over it that’s for sure. Same if I worked for F1 media.
Carmen gets criticised loads over there. Because she seems to work part time and then go to support George. Don’t see the issue there. Same as a few other WAGS. And then she’s been on an AMG retreat thing this weekend and has posted about it. But she gets criticised because she’s only there because of George! So what if she is?! Bloody good on her!!

I’ve just read this back and I don’t think it makes sense but I’m very tired 😂😂😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Thank you 🥰🥰🥰. It was lovely!
I definitely think there’s been an issue with RB and the budget cap but there has been some sort of FIA deal done with them. Although I do think this was done a while back as there has been so much questionable behaviour and favouritism of RB for the past two seasons now.
Also all this oh Honda and RB and winning in the home of Honda- there’s something really weird there. As I understand it Honda announced they were leaving F1, RB said they would develop their own engine but asked the FIA for an engine freeze whilst they did that. But Honda are still on the scene and developing whilst no one else can?! Most of that I’ve got from twitter so not sure about all the details.
I just feel really done with F1 at the minute. It’s a corrupt tit show. I’m glad we haven’t renewed our sky subscription as I just don’t want to watch it any more.
@LaBlonde nooooo my comment wasn’t aimed at you at all. Please don’t think that! I love your analysis and don’t think you’re sweeping the racism elements away 🥰🥰🥰.

@e456 I totally agree RE Kelly. Everyone wants to say tit about the other WAGS and drag them but
I think Kelly gets a free pass and on the other thread it very much felt like you couldn’t criticise her If I were working for PR or Social media for RB I wouldn’t have her all over it that’s for sure. Same if I worked for F1 media.
Carmen gets criticised loads over there. Because she seems to work part time and then go to support George. Don’t see the issue there. Same as a few other WAGS. And then she’s been on an AMG retreat thing this weekend and has posted about it. But she gets criticised because she’s only there because of George! So what if she is?! Bloody good on her!!

I’ve just read this back and I don’t think it makes sense but I’m very tired 😂😂😂
You make perfect sense and sum it up!! ❤❤
I am disheartened after today, the end of the last season really shook me and this hasn't been as dramatic but I can smell the bullshit and corruption and its just turned my stomach tbh.
I am also so with you on Kelly too, she's a grown woman but no-one was allowed to pull her up in tit but everyone else was fair game!? Never made sense to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think Kelly gets a free pass and on the other thread it very much felt like you couldn’t criticise her If I were working for PR or Social media for RB I wouldn’t have her all over it that’s for sure. Same if I worked for F1 media.

Perfect sense❤I don’t want to criticise any of the WAGs, like gossip etc is normal but that thread does get very personal about basically all of them, except Kelly. And I’m like … you don’t need to criticise her or be nasty, I don’t condone that but many over there genuinely only speak about her with affection whilst complaining about Luisa non stop, who at least as far as we know, hasn’t offended multiple people in the way Kelly and her family has

• Heart
Tractor gate is unforgivable. They did a similar thing in a session in turkey in 2020 with green flags with a tractor and I was raging then too.
Pierre’s interviews broke my heart. This guy can’t catch a break lately and I can’t imagine what he felt when he saw that.
Already ordered my 2022 Max hoodie to match the 2021 one, changed mid shift at work into it to wind up my relief 😂

• Heart
Perfect sense❤I don’t want to criticise any of the WAGs, like gossip etc is normal but that thread does get very personal about basically all of them, except Kelly. And I’m like … you don’t need to criticise her or be nasty, I don’t condone that but many over there genuinely only speak about her with affection whilst complaining about Luisa non stop, who at least as far as we know, hasn’t offended multiple people in the way Kelly and her family has
Preach. The amount of times I’ve been burned on that thread for saying that, and people brushing it off as joking. The things that have been said about Luisa, Isa and Carmen… some of it is unbelievable, not to mention the stalking. But simply criticizing Kelly or Max or Red Bull - nah that’s crossing a line then. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I don’t ever mind a discussion but I’ve been spoken to in such a condescending manner - Anyway, don’t wanna open a can of worms, guess there was just some hurt bottled up still. Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone in that feeling, nor in your feeling about how F1 nowadays. ❤

Tractor gate is unforgivable. They did a similar thing in a session in turkey in 2020 with green flags with a tractor and I was raging then too.
Pierre’s interviews broke my heart. This guy can’t catch a break lately and I can’t imagine what he felt when he saw that.
Already ordered my 2022 Max hoodie to match the 2021 one, changed mid shift at work into it to wind up my relief 😂
Even in Singapore last week, on a smaller scale. There was a marshal recovering Alex‘s front wing from the tecpro under the SC and before he was gone from the track the circuit went green again. Another duck up that’s been brushed under the rug.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Preach. The amount of times I’ve been burned on that thread for saying that, and people brushing it off as joking. The things that have been said about Luisa, Isa and Carmen… some of it is unbelievable, not to mention the stalking. But simply criticizing Kelly or Max or Red Bull - nah that’s crossing a line then. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I don’t ever mind a discussion but I’ve been spoken to in such a condescending manner - Anyway, don’t wanna open a can of worms, guess there was just some hurt bottled up still. Just wanted to let you know you’re not alone in that feeling, nor in your feeling about how F1 nowadays. ❤

Even in Singapore last week, on a smaller scale. There was a marshal recovering Alex‘s front wing from the tecpro under the SC and before he was gone from the track the circuit went green again. Another duck up that’s been brushed under the rug.
Yep! But poor little red bull and Max. Always made out to be the villains and always the victim. As a Lewis/Merc fan I felt so isolated/in the minority on there at times. And the condecention and frankly meanness then brushed off as ‘just a gif’ or ‘sarcasm’. I’m going to shut up about it now as no one wants bad stuff bringing up again. POSITIVE VIBES HERE ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.