F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
thank you šŸ’™ i hope so! i do get carried away with my psycho-analysis sometimes, and i know iā€™ve gone all in on max, but i donā€™t think heā€™s perfect and agree he shouldnā€™t get an easy ride because of his past. i agree with the comments about kelly too. i think i maybe did i unintentionally minimise it!

ultimately whenever i think of max now iā€™m going to think of him on a red velvet armchair, with a fake fur throw, being forced to stare at imagery of himself, alone. that could be a metaphor for something but iā€™m too tired to think of it šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

and in more lovely seb footage:

I bloody LIVE for your armchair psychoanalysis, itā€™s whatā€™s made these new threads so fabulous cos Iā€™m guilty of this too šŸ˜‚ itā€™s endlessly fascinating.

HAHAHAHA the Japanese knew exactly what they were doing gifting us with such perfect meme potential.

Also I just caught up on the previous thread and realised I missed your reply re your date! He sounds so lovely, there arenā€™t enough guys who remember the little things about you šŸ„¹ I know what you mean about the self-preservation thing though. I spent my whole late teens/20s in and out of relationships and FWB mindfucks and now Iā€™ve been single for six years and achieved so much. But sometimes think I use that as an excuse to not put myself out there too šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen the screenshot going round on Twitter that the guy in charge of the budget cap has something to do with the Red Bull group? I think that says it all about what will be happening with that. Just a big old brush under the carpet
Ha ha I joked earlier with a friend that FlA is on red bulls pay roll šŸ¤£šŸ™„

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Omg yes!

What an absolute tit show of a race today. There is no consistency with the FIA.

Never thought a day would come where I'm agreeing with both Binotto and Horner but here we are.

Carlos's thoughts
My man speaking the truth šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Reason 214 to not go on social media today šŸ™„

View attachment 1637490
And this is what I mean when I say I canā€™t stand this sport anymore. Iā€™m sure itā€™s always been bad and maybe Iā€™m looking back with rose tinted glasses but the amount of toxicity these days is beyond comprehension. It makes me really sad actually. At least all the drivers have had Pierreā€™s back, I liked how George said something like ā€œitā€™s not the Gasly incident, itā€™s the FIA incidentā€ when asked about it

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Reason 214 to not go on social media today šŸ™„

View attachment 1637490
There's always some prick on social media to spoil your day. Having only come back to watching last year after a few years of not being bothered, it's quite shocking how people feel they can say this tit. They definitely weren't watching when accidents and deaths were all too common. As someone who watched Sennas crash live as a kid, it's bleeping horrible to see and to wish that for someone so glibly is horrific to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Started drinking at lunch and back at my inlaws sitting here like šŸ„“šŸ„“ we have to do a whole birthday cake and tea thing now and I'd rather just have another wine lol. BUT this has been a welcome distraction from that stupid ass race so I'm all good šŸ„²

• Haha
Reactions: 10
And this is what I mean when I say I canā€™t stand this sport anymore. Iā€™m sure itā€™s always been bad and maybe Iā€™m looking back with rose tinted glasses but the amount of toxicity these days is beyond comprehension. It makes me really sad actually. At least all the drivers have had Pierreā€™s back, I liked how George said something like ā€œitā€™s not the Gasly incident, itā€™s the FIA incidentā€ when asked about it
Itā€™s completely gross isnā€™t it? So many people just treating these guys as if theyā€™re robots in a car on track for our entertainment - theyā€™re HUMAN BEINGS. Pierre looked so shaken up after today, it really brings it home how much they put on the line every Sunday. Iā€™ve seen other morons calling the drivers snowflakes etc and to just get on with it cos theyā€™re paid a lot of money. Sorry, does earning a nice salary mean they lose their right to safety? What complete idiocy.

And donā€™t get me started on how most of these comments appear to be made by men. And people say women coming into the sport has dragged it down? Hahahahaha, what a joke.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Itā€™s completely gross isnā€™t it? So many people just treating these guys as if theyā€™re robots in a car on track for our entertainment - theyā€™re HUMAN BEINGS. Pierre looked so shaken up after today, it really brings it home how much they put on the line every Sunday. Iā€™ve seen other morons calling the drivers snowflakes etc and to just get on with it cos theyā€™re paid a lot of money. Sorry, does earning a nice salary mean they lose their right to safety? What complete idiocy.

And donā€™t get me started on how most of these comments appear to be made by men. And people say women coming into the sport has dragged it down? Hahahahaha, what a joke.
Bless Pierre, honestly, you rarely see a driver so visibly shook up like that. The whole Sky segment of them blaming him was uncomfortable viewing, everyone acting like he was shouting at the team for no reason when he was actually just venting about an incredibly unsafe situation. I just feel like itā€™s summed up this whole season tbh. Bad vibes all round, thank god itā€™s nearly over

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Bless Pierre, honestly, you rarely see a driver so visibly shook up like that. The whole Sky segment of them blaming him was uncomfortable viewing, everyone acting like he was shouting at the team for no reason when he was actually just venting about an incredibly unsafe situation. I just feel like itā€™s summed up this whole season tbh. Bad vibes all round, thank god itā€™s nearly over
100%, Iā€™ve just been saying to Jellybeans how Iā€™m ready for this season to end now, itā€™s been a complete tit show with a really negative vibe on and off track. Just want a reset now.

I think thatā€™s why it really got to me seeing him so upset as you rarely see them like that being interviewed. I mean when you think about what heā€™s been through losing friends too, no wonder he was so upset on the radio ffs. Pisses me off how the Sky team allow other drivers to kick off on track (look at Max last week) but when someone is upset for a real significant reason, they just tit all over him. Sky in general have been shocking this year, couldnā€™t be arsed with all their pot stirring over Danielā€™s McLaren departure either.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Also I just caught up on the previous thread and realised I missed your reply re your date! He sounds so lovely, there arenā€™t enough guys who remember the little things about you šŸ„¹ I know what you mean about the self-preservation thing though. I spent my whole late teens/20s in and out of relationships and FWB mindfucks and now Iā€™ve been single for six years and achieved so much. But sometimes think I use that as an excuse to not put myself out there too šŸ˜‚
i know, itā€™s tough! iā€™m at my happiest single tbh but also feel like i should make an effort because time keeps going on but also iā€™m all bitter and jaded šŸ¤£

i can only second everyoneā€™s comments about this season, itā€™s been bad bad vibes, it started so promisingly too with teams seeming to be on a more level playing field, but that all quickly passed. i just canā€™t feel good about today on any level.

i actually enjoy the channel 4 coverage much more than skyā€™s - i just rarely watch it because obviously itā€™s not live. but iā€™ll definitely watch later to see what they say.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
100%, Iā€™ve just been saying to Jellybeans how Iā€™m ready for this season to end now, itā€™s been a complete tit show with a really negative vibe on and off track. Just want a reset now.

I think thatā€™s why it really got to me seeing him so upset as you rarely see them like that being interviewed. I mean when you think about what heā€™s been through losing friends too, no wonder he was so upset on the radio ffs. Pisses me off how the Sky team allow other drivers to kick off on track (look at Max last week) but when someone is upset for a real significant reason, they just tit all over him. Sky in general have been shocking this year, couldnā€™t be arsed with all their pot stirring over Danielā€™s McLaren departure either.
Sky have been awful. Theyā€™ve attempted to control so many narratives, like constantly insinuating George was showing up Lewis then conveniently donā€™t mention it now Lewis is beating him consistently, and Iā€™ve seen more of Horner than the majority of the drivers this season. It just seems like the racingā€™s been so boring this year theyā€™ve just made stuff up to be more interesting but again, itā€™s not a reality show. They wanted to stop Lewis and Merc, they did so, now they realise theyā€™re in no better position so are just making stuff up and creating a toxic atmosphere that certain fans thrive off. Sick, sick, sick of it

Reactions: 8
I am so sick of Horner being shoved down our throats. Sky is just the Horner show at this stage. So done with this sport. Today was just pathetic.

Reactions: 9
I cannot believe I stayed up all night watching that stupid race šŸ˜© this must be what Australians feel like every week

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I am so sick of Horner being shoved down our throats. Sky is just the Horner show at this stage. So done with this sport. Today was just pathetic.
I genuinely wonder what they gain from being so far up his ass. Is he paying them? Surely they know heā€™s a rather controversial person in the sport, why push this even more? Or is it because heā€™s the only British TP? Either way, I absolutely hate it.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.