Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Princess of Scots

VIP Member
Have you guys noticed that NO ONE has been mentioning the crane in their post race social media stuff? This feels a lot like back in Saudi with the bombs when they were instructed not to say anything until internal discussions happened and yet everyone knew how they felt.
Omg yes!

What an absolute shit show of a race today. There is no consistency with the FIA.

Never thought a day would come where I'm agreeing with both Binotto and Horner but here we are.

Carlos's thoughts

• Heart
Reactions: 14

aidil

VIP Member
Oh man I feel like I'm so out of the loop with Rawe Ceek this week - not like me at all! I've just been working 24/7, having a bit of a rough mental health week and now I have ANOTHER cold?!? I swear my immune system is on it's arse rn :cry:

WHAT HAVE I MISSED?! Pierre looks like a snack as per (even in those boots) and thanks for the podcast youtube link @OOps2022! I think I may also watch that between FP seshes!

Can't wait to just relax and enjoy the weekend now! Sorry to anyone I've not replied to on Insta too, promise I will catch up tonight! 🤩

• Heart
  • Sad
Why do Sky always seem to find Horner everywhere? He’s not as popular as they or he think he is. I don’t understand this sudden hold that Red Bull have over the FIA and Sky.
Regarding the budget cap - if teams are going to break it, don’t have one. I don’t seem it has made much difference in the running order. If there hadnt been a cap Mercedes arguably could have sorted the porpoising issue quicker and actually have a chance in the constructors.
I was going to say earlier, other than Oscar today and Gunther a few races ago, the only team principal we have consistently seen is Horner. Whether that's because Merc are doing badly (by their standards) and therefore Toto isn't as keen to be interviewed, I don't know, but it seems Redbulls opinion on everything is the only opinion we see week in week out.

• Heart

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
One last thing from me because I need to start getting ready for a lunch! I can't believe that Jules' family have been made to go through this again - there should NEVER be a tractor on the track with cars passing by. Surely its that simple?!

I know its a dangerous sport and all that but how can the drivers have confidence getting back in the car after the shitshow today... The FIA don't give a shit 🤡

• Heart

horseyalbon

Sometimes I just can’t with other McLaren fans. Everyone going on about how Daniel’s strategy was shit when the man refused to pit because he felt unsure of the conditions? It’s not like McLaren can force him, he’s the guy driving the car - these things just happen sometimes and some people really feel the need to put the blame on someone. It’s just no one’s fault, it’s just the situation. 🤦🏻‍♀️

aidil

VIP Member
Good morning everyone! Hope everyone is feeling okay after catching up on sleep and letting the dust settle on yesterday’s shit show 💕

• Heart

aidil

VIP Member
Went on a lovely long walk to clear my head and now at a friend’s house about to have a movie night (just waiting for her to get her baby down for the night 😅). Still feeling a bit miserable about today though.

I think it’s all the toxic masculinity that’s getting to me too. Idiots acting as if these drivers are all pAnSiEs now because they don’t want to risk their lives. It’s disgusting.

I’m glad Pierre has stuck to his guns on his insta post too. Sad that what should have been an exciting weekend for him has ended in controversy 😟

• Heart

horseyalbon

I'll be honest, Pierre should have checked his speed, especially in those conditions....I'll concede that much. But we all know that tractor shouldn't have been there and the absolute arrogance of the FIA in refusing to acknowledge they were wrong is just exhausting. Today has been an absolute shit show because of them. Again. And because it's been a shit show no one quite knows how to react despite Max becoming WDC again and the fact that the small amount of racing that we DID get was pretty exciting.
Also can we just take a moment to announce Checo as Wingman of the season for the 2nd time. Seriously, he helped Max win last year and he did it again this year! The least Max can do is help that man win in Mexica.
Checo did an amazing job. I really hope he gets a Mexico win, even if it’s just to see Papa Perez absolutely overjoyed!

Yeah of course he should’ve checked his speed but I feel like that’s a separate thing from the tractor. Because the tractor affected every driver and not just him, but it just feels like they’re using Pierre as a scapegoat to cover up their own mistake. No integrity at all. So yup, totally agree.

• Heart

Minttu

VIP Member
Yeehaaw! Since I'm leaving for Austin tomorrow, I really wanted y'all to have a look at my outfits for this weekend! My energy will be higher than Dolly Partons hair, and maybe even better than Daniels. (Yes, I will be that annoying one)

Going straight from the farm after a cattle drive on Thursday, so I'm in my wranglers, boots and my trusty ol' carhartt flannel. Don't mind the buckles, I still haven't decided if I should go for living out my full Texas pride, or really dress up and feel pretty. Puttin' my money in mah buckles and all that.
No hat today, left it in my truck. Wouldn't want someone to sign it or anything.
Collage_2022-10-18_20_32_11.jpg

Moving on to Friday, feeling a little more dressed up today, brought my good lookin' black hat, I have a riding lesson with Lewis after everything 😏
Also feeling a little frisky today with my shorter shorts, spaghetti straps, but I've brought with me a tee and a chunkier jacket if I'm getting cold. Still gonna outride Lewis later on, with this outfit on.
Collage_2022-10-18_20_45_11.jpg

Saturday, and time to actually find some of my dresses, done with my part of chores on the farm this week, so I'm letting someone else do what needs to be done while I drink beer and play dress up. Going for a more modest look with a long dress, but reusing my boots from earlier, decided to go with a light colored hat from my collection and dazzle it all with one of these nice belts.
My collection of hats and boots are endless, by the way.
Collage_2022-10-18_20_32_47.jpg

Sunday and funday, Lewis was so annoyed at me beating him at a barrel race last night, I was drunk on beer and high on life, he decided he wanted to win this race today (hey, I'm not driving so he has a chance).
He wins the race, and I have a dress with easy access on today, so let's just say we celebrate with a quickie and the rest is done after he leaves the briefing.
Collage_2022-10-18_20_27_05.jpg

I think that was all, sorry for the long post everyone, but I wanted you to get some of the feelings I've been putting into these outfits 😂 And I really need to find those shoes in my last outfit, they just scream Minttu! 😂

• Heart

aidil

VIP Member
“Ooh what about the marshall?”

WELL DON’T PUT THE FUCKING MARSHALL OUT THERE YOU TWATS.

• Heart

Rubythefirebat

VIP Member
Max you are the champion... Or not.... Some are still counting. Pure chaos as usual by FIA.

We were absolutely robbed from happy sweaty hugs, not even Kelly had time to perform for the cameras. Hopes are high for an USA party.

1665305008149.png

• Haha

e456

I think i am losing faith in this sport tbh. I didn't look at social medias until now because i was angry enough with what happen during the race. And i thought that all the fans (or at least 99% of them) would be fuming at the fia for the tractor incident just like all the drivers/team principals/journalists. But damn how wrong i was... For the comments i saw it is like 50-50. People are going at Pierre because "Come on he knew a car was out so why was he driving this fast. And he is supposed to be one of the best driver in the world so he should be able to avoid a crane if he wants" 🙄🙄 And i'm like are they stupid? Or we just don't watch the same sport? Or they just want crashes for the show, and this is the worst honestly.
I was glad there is no racing next week so i could cut with f1 a bit and then remember that we are supposed to have the budget cap report tomorrow 😫
I think i have never been this disppointed in the sport except for Abu Dhabi last year 😣
It’s actually sad so many of us are starting to feel this way. Sport is supposed to be enjoyable, something to distract from every day life, but the problem with F1 is there’s too many questionable characters and im just asking myself at this point why I even want to carry on supporting it when I actually don’t agree with the morals of probably half the paddock, and some of the so called fans physically make me feel ill

• Heart

horseyalbon

Have you guys noticed that NO ONE has been mentioning the crane in their post race social media stuff? This feels a lot like back in Saudi with the bombs when they were instructed not to say anything until internal discussions happened and yet everyone knew how they felt.

• Heart

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
he will! maybe episode 4 too 😉 i think he definitely plays his cards close to his chest and is the hardest to read on the grid in that way (and obviously seems to do the least sport based social media) - but then he instagrams like someone who has a lot of live laugh love prints in his apartment.

i think he keeps himself guarded because ultimately a lot of people in and around this sport have been awful to him but then you see the little moments where he lets that drop. he’s the one i’m most intrigued to see after he retires because i genuinely don’t know what he’ll choose to do after racing.
My favourite thing is the photos he posts when he's producing music (I think that's what he's doing??), it just reminds me of a teenage girls bedroom in the mid 2000s and I love it 🤣
Screenshot_20220724-230043_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart