F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Someone re post this Red Bull tweet from last year and with today context i can't stop laughing 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
With everything that has been going on lately, I just want to say that I hope everyone has had a decent day today💚

And that I am so grateful for this community we have here, and the sanctuary it is for us!

Also because its world's mental health day, today, do something good for yourself in the last hours of the day 💚

And remember: you're always allowed to rant and let of some steam here, we're here for you❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm enjoying this awkwardness. Pierre's eager laugh. Otmar just standing there. Talking about padel when both Esteban and Pierre got racquets in the Secret Santa last year.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
With everything that has been going on lately, I just want to say that I hope everyone has had a decent day today💚

And that I am so grateful for this community we have here, and the sanctuary it is for us!

Also because its world's mental health day, today, do something good for yourself in the last hours of the day 💚

And remember: you're always allowed to rant and let of some steam here, we're here for you❤
this is a lovely post! 💙💙 i’m going to make myself a gingerbread hot chocolate, just as a treat, in your say-so 😉😘

i’m grateful for you all! thank you for being a wonderful outlet and community, and for being so welcoming xx

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Thank you for your message.

Actually, I cried the whole evening. My son told me tonight he is feeling down lately. His schoolwork is not going well. He smiles less. He works hard, but nothing seems to go well.
I am worried. He had some tough years in school being bullied.
Now a new school and he is feeling safe, but school is difficult for him. Now he is feeling down.
So many worries. Never imagined being a mom would be this hard sometimes.

So your sweet message helped me tonight.❤

Thank you

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I'm enjoying this awkwardness. Pierre's eager laugh. Otmar just standing there. Talking about padel when both Esteban and Pierre got racquets in the Secret Santa last year.
If this awkwardness is what we have in store for 2023 then we are in for a treat 😂

• Haha

Actually, I cried the whole evening. My son told me tonight he is feeling down lately. His schoolwork is not going well. He smiles less. He works hard, but nothing seems to go well.
Now a new school and he is feeling safe, but school is difficult for him. Now he is feeling down.

Thank you
School isn't everything here in this world, and if he needs to focus on his own mental health, then he should❤
When all that is in order, then everything else will be better too.

Sending you, and your son some big love today, and a good hug💚
Take care of eachother, go out and do something you know he likes to do. You being there might not be the thing he wants the most right now, but I'll tell you that he'll appreciate it when he's better ❤ sometimes all we need is a day with mom or dad to cry, talk or just sit in silence!
Just don't drag him with you to everything, that can be to much 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lovely post @Minttu 💕 I am so grateful for our little safe haven on here where we can share our views, have healthy debate and support each other after bad weekends. I took yesterday really hard tbh, so forced myself to have a bit of an offline day today - went out for breakfast with a friend, visited my mum and bought more plants 😂 I’m really glad we’ve got a week off from it now, need to recharge my batteries from this sport. Not delved into the cost cap stuff too much today as I couldn’t face it but going to read up tomorrow after a good sleep.

Hope your on call didn’t go too badly @1millionjellybeans!
Sending you a huge hug @Bobby1743 💕 I don’t envy children growing up in today’s world with so many pressures. I’m sure you’re doing an amazing job, he just needs to know that you are proud of him no matter what and as long as he’s happy then you are too!

Omg I am dead! Why does it look like they’re two kids in a playground with a dad forcing them to play together. The way Este got pushed towards him at the start like TALK TO YOUR FRIEND. This is deffo going to be French Rosberg/Hamilton and I am so here for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Lovely post @Minttu 💕 I am so grateful for our little safe haven on here where we can share our views, have healthy debate and support each other after bad weekends. I took yesterday really hard tbh, so forced myself to have a bit of an offline day today - went out for breakfast with a friend, visited my mum and bought more plants 😂
The cure for everything, isn't it? 😂
One of my monsteras are about to die...the ugly one, I'm considering just letting the big one go now, and repot the smaller saplings that are growing from it to see if it'll be more healthy 🙈
My other two are thriving, just found two new leafs on the big one, and the other one that's climbing up my wall is getting a new beautiful one 🥰

Good for you having an offline day today, sounds like you had a great day 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I listen to his podcast. Recently, he or his co-host said that they would be really mad if it turned out that RB had exceeded the cap after watching people lose their jobs due to budgetary (?) reasons.
Yeah, looking forward to what they have to say about it all...it's easy to forget that people have paid the price for the budget cap. It must be galling to see friends and ex colleagues have to leave and then see it allegedly went towards allegedly paying for posh sandwiches and vol au vents 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The cure for everything, isn't it? 😂
One of my monsteras are about to die...the ugly one, I'm considering just letting the big one go now, and repot the smaller saplings that are growing from it to see if it'll be more healthy 🙈
My other two are thriving, just found two new leafs on the big one, and the other one that's climbing up my wall is getting a new beautiful one 🥰

Good for you having an offline day today, sounds like you had a great day 💚
EVERYTHING CAN BE SAVED MINTTU! Apart from my poor Calathea… The fifth one I’ve managed to kill! 🌚
I bought myself a huge spider plant that already has loads of babies hanging off it! Poor little guy is majorly rootbound though so I’ll be having a repotting sesh tomorrow I think! Thanks lovely, it was just what I needed!

• Heart
Lovely post @Minttu 💕 I am so grateful for our little safe haven on here where we can share our views, have healthy debate and support each other after bad weekends. I took yesterday really hard tbh, so forced myself to have a bit of an offline day today - went out for breakfast with a friend, visited my mum and bought more plants 😂 I’m really glad we’ve got a week off from it now, need to recharge my batteries from this sport. Not delved into the cost cap stuff too much today as I couldn’t face it but going to read up tomorrow after a good sleep.

Hope your on call didn’t go too badly @1millionjellybeans!
Sending you a huge hug @Bobby1743 💕 I don’t envy children growing up in today’s world with so many pressures. I’m sure you’re doing an amazing job, he just needs to know that you are proud of him no matter what and as long as he’s happy then you are too!
Omg I am dead! Why does it look like they’re two kids in a playground with a dad forcing them to play together. The way Este got pushed towards him at the start like TALK TO YOUR FRIEND. This is deffo going to be French Rosberg/Hamilton and I am so here for it.
the little push in is killing me! 🤣 it’s complete NOW GO AND MAKE FRIENDS and este being like but dad i don’t wanna, i hate him. i already love it.

glad you had such a lovely sounding day 💙

• Haha
Reactions: 3
EVERYTHING CAN BE SAVED MINTTU! Apart from my poor Calathea… The fifth one I’ve managed to kill! 🌚
I bought myself a huge spider plant that already has loads of babies hanging off it! Poor little guy is majorly rootbound though so I’ll be having a repotting sesh tomorrow I think! Thanks lovely, it was just what I needed!
I did find the old house owners plant graveyard a month ago, I was really considering taking the ones on top inside again and nurse them back 😂
I might cut off the one bad part of the one, but the new sapling looks so promising, so I might take my chances on that one and change the soil for it to get some new nutrition 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Thank you
Finally properly caught up after a horrendous on call shift. Honestly will people please STOP SHAGGING! Anyway, I have been where you are, it's horrible and you just don't know how to help them but it WILL get better. My youngest dipped hugely between primary and secondary school and it was hard to see and deal with. Here we are, she's almost 17, has had a really tough few years (CAMHS referral and an autism diagnosis) and now all is falling in place. Great friends, little Maccie Ds job, acing her A Levels, so beautiful she literally turns heads...not saying your journey is the same but as long as they know you are there for them and you are their safe space it works out eventually.
And having wine and good friends REALLY helps ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13

This is such a lovely post min ❤

• Heart
Finally properly caught up after a horrendous on call shift. Honestly will people please STOP SHAGGING! Anyway, I have been where you are, it's horrible and you just don't know how to help them but it WILL get better. My youngest dipped hugely between primary and secondary school and it was hard to see and deal with. Here we are, she's almost 17, has had a really tough few years (CAMHS referral and an autism diagnosis) and now all is falling in place. Great friends, little Maccie Ds job, acing her A Levels, so beautiful she literally turns heads...not saying your journey is the same but as long as they know you are there for them and you are their safe space it works out eventually.
And having wine and good friends REALLY helps ❤
So glad she got the diagnosis so she could make sense of everything! It hurts to know so many girls out there grow up not understanding why their head works the way it does. You’re such a fabulous mum! You all are! 💕

the little push in is killing me! 🤣 it’s complete NOW GO AND MAKE FRIENDS and este being like but dad i don’t wanna, i hate him. i already love it.

glad you had such a lovely sounding day 💙
Time to crack out the get-along shirt 🤣

• Heart
Helloooo, this budget cap stuff is 🥴 tbh I don’t think what I have to add will go down well but here we go.

gonna preface this by saying I’m not a redbull fan, I like all of the teams (McLaren and Ferrari are my teams), I don’t really have any ill-will towards any team. Last year I rooted for redbull (because it was exciting!), this year I rooted for Ferrari but wanted Mercedes’ to get a win (because I love competition!)

We know absolutely nothing about it, other than it’s been confirmed they went over the cap and some swirling rumours. I don’t think redbull are automatically an evil entity that want to lay people off, it could have been a completely accidental I overspend (not excusing, they should’ve managed better, every other team did) or it could’ve been cheating. We will likely never know. I don’t trust the FIA to be transparent in their investigation/penalty but also don’t want to tit on a team without any actual details about the overspend. I feel like the Ferrari 2019 stuff didn’t get the same hatred, that was blatant cheating & a cover up (this is coming from a lifelong Ferrari fan).

I think the cost cap is so so important, I think if redbull cheated, then that’s horrific and gave the an insane advantage. BUT I really don’t think they would risk, in their most important season in years, intentionally cheating, and having their titles stripped/bad press/losing their star driver/whatever over the sake of a few million. (Then again maybe they were calling the FIA’s bluff hoping they wouldn’t give harsh penalties in the first year or other teams would overspend too)

Idk sorry this was a ramble I just don’t know how to feel because we have no information and I don’t think it’s worth wasting our energy on right now, we’re already pretty burnt out from the weekend and need to take care of ourselves. I love you all💚

@Minttu your message was lovely and really made me smile 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Helloooo, this budget cap stuff is 🥴 tbh I don’t think what I have to add will go down well but here we go.

gonna preface this by saying I’m not a redbull fan, I like all of the teams (McLaren and Ferrari are my teams), I don’t really have any ill-will towards any team. Last year I rooted for redbull (because it was exciting!), this year I rooted for Ferrari but wanted Mercedes’ to get a win (because I love competition!)

We know absolutely nothing about it, other than it’s been confirmed they went over the cap and some swirling rumours. I don’t think redbull are automatically an evil entity that want to lay people off, it could have been a completely accidental I overspend (not excusing, they should’ve managed better, every other team did) or it could’ve been cheating. We will likely never know. I don’t trust the FIA to be transparent in their investigation/penalty but also don’t want to tit on a team without any actual details about the overspend. I feel like the Ferrari 2019 stuff didn’t get the same hatred, that was blatant cheating & a cover up (this is coming from a lifelong Ferrari fan).

I think the cost cap is so so important, I think if redbull cheated, then that’s horrific and gave the an insane advantage. BUT I really don’t think they would risk, in their most important season in years, intentionally cheating, and having their titles stripped/bad press/losing their star driver/whatever over the sake of a few million. (Then again maybe they were calling the FIA’s bluff hoping they wouldn’t give harsh penalties in the first year or other teams would overspend too)

Idk sorry this was a ramble I just don’t know how to feel because we have no information and I don’t think it’s worth wasting our energy on right now, we’re already pretty burnt out from the weekend and need to take care of ourselves. I love you all💚

@Minttu your message was lovely and really made me smile 🥰
I do completely agree with everything you’ve said, I do think the influx of newer fans over the last few years have really blown everything up and generally everything in F1 is talked about and analysed much more nowadays. The Ferrari thing is 100% as bad and should never have been a behind closed doors deal. Id like to believe Red Bull wouldn’t do it intentionally, but unfortunately for them Horner went on record in Monaco this year saying he believed every team would “have to overspend”, so it just doesn’t look great for him. I truly think they thought all teams would and therefore it wouldn’t be bad, or most would have a discrepancy of some kind. I’m happy to state my own bias in this case, I’ve never liked them as a team for many reasons and after all the cheating accusations they threw at Merc last year, this feels quite deserved honestly 😂 but yeah it’s nothing to get worked up over so I’m trying not to lol

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.