Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

miss_americana

Chatty Member
I followed the race on here and BBC because of family stuff and I’m still just incredulous at the whole thing. I could write 1000s of words about how fucked up the FIA is and this race was but we’re on our way out for Sunday lunch on a train (not aa weird as it sounds)
I agree with everyone’s comments RE Pierre and the penalty- like what the actual fuck.
The FIA are a corrupt embarrassment and the same for Sky too. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is some sort of deal for the broadcasters to toe the FIA line. They were doing it last year after Abu Dhabi. I find it particularly obvious with Karun (aka Karen Horner’s biggest fan) and PDR but today the comments from all (bar Jenson it seems) are just fucked up.

Totally agree with your comments about Kelly @HaloGirl and @e456. The sweeping under the carpet of the racism is just 🤮🤢. But then the same goes with Max and his actions which are just swept away with oh he’s a good driver and Eve thing that Jos did which yes as shitty as a parent as Jos is it’s not an excuse. I’ll see myself out now!

• Heart
Reactions: 14

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Just to give us all something light and cheerful to think about instead of Red Bull cheating and the FIA covering it up etc.

Twitter thread of Pato O'Ward as otters and being otterly adorable.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Thank you for your message.

Actually, I cried the whole evening. My son told me tonight he is feeling down lately. His schoolwork is not going well. He smiles less. He works hard, but nothing seems to go well.
I am worried. He had some tough years in school being bullied.
Now a new school and he is feeling safe, but school is difficult for him. Now he is feeling down.
So many worries. Never imagined being a mom would be this hard sometimes.

So your sweet message helped me tonight.❤

Thank you
Finally properly caught up after a horrendous on call shift. Honestly will people please STOP SHAGGING! Anyway, I have been where you are, it's horrible and you just don't know how to help them but it WILL get better. My youngest dipped hugely between primary and secondary school and it was hard to see and deal with. Here we are, she's almost 17, has had a really tough few years (CAMHS referral and an autism diagnosis) and now all is falling in place. Great friends, little Maccie Ds job, acing her A Levels, so beautiful she literally turns heads...not saying your journey is the same but as long as they know you are there for them and you are their safe space it works out eventually.
And having wine and good friends REALLY helps ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13

aidil

VIP Member
Bless Pierre, honestly, you rarely see a driver so visibly shook up like that. The whole Sky segment of them blaming him was uncomfortable viewing, everyone acting like he was shouting at the team for no reason when he was actually just venting about an incredibly unsafe situation. I just feel like it’s summed up this whole season tbh. Bad vibes all round, thank god it’s nearly over
100%, I’ve just been saying to Jellybeans how I’m ready for this season to end now, it’s been a complete shit show with a really negative vibe on and off track. Just want a reset now.

I think that’s why it really got to me seeing him so upset as you rarely see them like that being interviewed. I mean when you think about what he’s been through losing friends too, no wonder he was so upset on the radio ffs. Pisses me off how the Sky team allow other drivers to kick off on track (look at Max last week) but when someone is upset for a real significant reason, they just shit all over him. Sky in general have been shocking this year, couldn’t be arsed with all their pot stirring over Daniel’s McLaren departure either.

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member

(there’s green lights on seb’s or lance’s car, right? what an absolute mess)

the race should never have started tbh. even without this, it was dangerous, and carlos’ crash was terrifying (if he’d spun even slightly more into the track, no one could see he was there!)

• Angry
  • Wow

aidil

VIP Member
I’ve turned it off because I’m too angry to watch and don’t need this on my weekend off. Not gaining anything by watching it. God it hurts to love this sport sometimes 😟

• Heart
Today was absolute madness. Just fuck up after fuck up and not taken responsibility for a single one of them.
Still raging mad at Sky. What they did today was so disgraceful.

A bit sad that the championship thing has taken precedence over the safety concerns though.
I'll be honest, Pierre should have checked his speed, especially in those conditions....I'll concede that much. But we all know that tractor shouldn't have been there and the absolute arrogance of the FIA in refusing to acknowledge they were wrong is just exhausting. Today has been an absolute shit show because of them. Again. And because it's been a shit show no one quite knows how to react despite Max becoming WDC again and the fact that the small amount of racing that we DID get was pretty exciting.
Also can we just take a moment to announce Checo as Wingman of the season for the 2nd time. Seriously, he helped Max win last year and he did it again this year! The least Max can do is help that man win in Mexica.

The FIA have no shame. It's embarrassing.

F1 has never got over Charlie Whiting dying. And the FIA are just getting worse with their stewarding, rule changes, shambolic everything.

F1 needs to breakaway, get Seb and George to sit down and rewrite the rulebook, they both know the current one. And then let Seb be in charge of F1 race direction, stewarding etc.
Agreed 100%.
I genuinely from the bottom of my heart think losing Charlie just threw them. There definitely needs an ex driver in there who actually knows how these decisions affect the drivers as well as everyone else on track. As someone else said, the fact they have targetted Lewis for jewellery all season (and lets be honest, it IS targetting Lewis) whilst brushing this off is just absurd.
Tbh this whole season has been a really odd one. There have been a few really great races, most have been meh and the off track drama has been insane. I can't quite believe we only have a few races left.

Prince Gasly does things to me, but I'm not sure I love it. Doesn't feel right him in a tuxedo. I want open collared shirts, chest hair and necklace.

But i'd still let him take me up the Eiffel Tower.
I'm with you...usually men look 100% fitter in suits but Pierre is definitely hotter with the chest hair/chain combo on show.
Disappointing content thus far but god knows that will change as of tomorrow. Cringe cowboy content will inevitably be present.
Anyone else feel a bit ick about Austin or is it just me? I actually quite like the track but there's some ugly shit going on regarding women there atm...Not that I expect F1 to be progressive in the least but seeing some of the drivers rave about leaves me a bit cold tbh.

• Heart

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Idk if any other Lewis fans feel the same as me, but this year has been a lot, already. When I thought Lewis wasn’t coming back over winter I was almost relieved because I just had a feeling nothing would be better, and I’ve been proved right. There’s so much about F1 that’s just painful for me now, nothing is ever fair, people don’t play by the same rules, seeing Kelly Piquets face every 5 seconds knowing she liked that post defending Nelson (conveniently forgotten about by basically everyone), and now this? I hope Pierre has some good support. It’s too much, Sebs doing the right thing getting out while he can
Agree with you wholeheartedly. I am still so angry about AD21. Sorry to anyone supporting Max but it wasn’t his title last year and there would have such outrage if Lewis had been in his position. This season has been hard going and seeing stories about the vile comments used about Lewis by the Piquet family is just flaming the fire. Seeing Kelly so jubilant when she was in effect condoning everything isn’t right. And if the budget cap has been breached how is fair to all the other drivers and teams?

Last edited:
  • Heart

aidil

VIP Member
fully agree with you - i think they’re two separate incidents (the speeding and the tractor) which the fia are now trying to combine because it makes pierre almost a scapegoat for their own ineptitude. there was a marshall there too! i mean! absolutely crazy and a complete lack of care.

checo is teammate of the year.
All of this - two complete separate incidents. You can think Pierre was going too fast and also think it’s disgusting that the tractor was there. I’m fucking furious that he’s being turned into a scapegoat. It’s not Mario Kart, they shouldn’t be expected to dodge obstacles at any speed!!

Just watching his interview on Sky, he looks really shaken up 😟

• Heart

e456

i think he keeps himself guarded because ultimately a lot of people in and around this sport have been awful to him
Honestly, this. Why would he be open considering how awful people are to him? Whatever he says, whatever he does is analysed and picked apart in a way no one else has to deal with. He’s definitely got better with age, he was so guarded when he first joined McLaren. At least now he acts how he wants, and I feel like he’s more open with the other drivers than he has been in the past. You also have to remember he was screwed over by the one guy he truly considered a friend (Nico) so that probably set him back a lot. Hearing him refer to VB as his friend last year made me low-key emotional ngl it felt like a turning point

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
All of this - two complete separate incidents. You can think Pierre was going too fast and also think it’s disgusting that the tractor was there. I’m fucking furious that he’s being turned into a scapegoat. It’s not Mario Kart, they shouldn’t be expected to dodge obstacles at any speed!!

Just watching his interview on Sky, he looks really shaken up 😟
i just saw :( it’s awful - he could have hit the tractor but he also could have hit the marshal who was there and on the track (which would obviously have been devastating in a different way). the fia honestly seems to forget that there are actual human beings in the cars sometimes.

but if you wear a nose ring then they will take that VERY seriously 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad