F1 Chatter #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hard day - lost a patient and I’ve been crying since I got home because I keep thinking is there anything else I could’ve done to stop it 😔 It’s days like these when I hate living by myself. Cos I just get home and start spiralling without anyone to debrief with 🤦‍♀️

Thanks beaut, I’ve had a lazy night on the sofa with my cat and already in bed ready to roll again tomorrow. Don’t have the luxury of getting in my head about this now I’m the only nurse 🙃

Sorry to bring the vibe down guys, just feel a bit lost! 😭

It's hard when you have to handle the aftermath of everything on your own. Also hard not to go through the 'what ifs' and find ways to blame yourself, even if you know there is nothing that you could have done. I'm sorry you've had a rough day.

I treat some patients who are very sick and while I don't deal first-hand with death, it is an aspect of my job that I think about a lot. For me, it's because I'm working in the US (may be the same in other countries) and I feel like no doctor/practitioner wants to have a conversation about death with a patient & we keep treating people until their death when they would be better off having a higher quality of life without intervention or other care.

Sorry the tangent! You're not alone in this and not dragging anyone down.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hard day - lost a patient and I’ve been crying since I got home because I keep thinking is there anything else I could’ve done to stop it 😔 It’s days like these when I hate living by myself. Cos I just get home and start spiralling without anyone to debrief with 🤦‍♀️

Thanks beaut, I’ve had a lazy night on the sofa with my cat and already in bed ready to roll again tomorrow. Don’t have the luxury of getting in my head about this now I’m the only nurse 🙃

Noo, that's just heartbreaking❤😭
You did your best and what you could, and that's what matters, try not to beat yourself up over it. ❤ Sending you a big bear hug before you go to sleep❤

I totally get not having anyone to debrief with when getting home. Even with working in an organisation, I'm under a NDA ish and can't talk about it to anyone who isn't my leader or was a witness to it. This was literally during my first month of working there, so I had to debrief with someone from the outside when I got home.
And sometimes I just talk everything through with my dog, she may not say much back, but at least she's listening 😂

I treat some patients who are very sick and while I don't deal first-hand with death, it is an aspect of my job that I think about a lot. For me, it's because I'm working in the US (may be the same in other countries) and I feel like no doctor/practitioner wants to have a conversation about death with a patient & we keep treating people until their death when they would be better off having a higher quality of life without intervention or other care.
As the professional next of kin I've been most of my life I just want to say that you are so right about doctors/practitioners not wanting to talk about death, and the fact that many of those people would be better off with only medicating the pain until its over.
The only doctor who has been comfortable talking about death was the one on the home where my mom was getting her care the last months of her life, she was amazing and very straight forward.
When I got the news about my grandma, I had to ask alle the questions you don't want to ask, she was really beating arround the bush, and I almost had to tell her that my grandma was dying 😅
I have met so many doctors throughout the years, I could probably write a book about all of them too 😅

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

Aw sending you a virtual hug (even though I’m not a hugger.) 💕💕

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you my lovelies, this is why I love this thread. You’re all so wonderful and supportive 💕

It was a little dog who had been hit by a van so the risk of something bad happening was always going to be high. I’ve lost patients in other circumstances before but never under anaesthetic and I didn’t realise how much worse it is. Because her little life was in my hands, I feel so responsible! The rational part of me knows I couldn’t have done anything else to stop it because her injuries were so severe, but the stupid guilty anaesthetist part of my brain is like YOU ARE THE WORST. Because that’s how we’re programmed as nurses and I hate it 🥲

@Albrouze I can only imagine what a minefield it is in human healthcare - it’s emotive enough in veterinary! I always say “just because we can, it doesn’t mean we should” and I think that could probably be applied to both industries when it comes to treatment 😞

Thanks @Minttu, us single ladies have to find coping mechanisms after crappy days at the office. I love that your dog is your personal counsellor 😂 Can she give tips to Darwin please? I was trying to cry on him and he just wandered off into another room… CATS! 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Sending hugs. ❤❤❤

I always say “just because we can, it doesn’t mean we should” and I think that could probably be applied to both industries when it comes to treatment 😞
Definitely. As difficult as it may seem, to lose anyone, you need to think about the wellbeing of the patient. And all you can say is if you have done all you can, then that's it.

Some are just too sick and that's no fault of your own, or anyone's. Sadly that's the way it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@Albrouze I can only imagine what a minefield it is in human healthcare - it’s emotive enough in veterinary! I always say “just because we can, it doesn’t mean we should” and I think that could probably be applied to both industries when it comes to treatment 😞
This is the issue for me. It's also compounded by the fact that it's America and there is a financial incentive for treatment.
As the professional next of kin I've been most of my life I just want to say that you are so right about doctors/practitioners not wanting to talk about death, and the fact that many of those people would be better off with only medicating the pain until its over.
The only doctor who has been comfortable talking about death was the one on the home where my mom was getting her care the last months of her life, she was amazing and very straight forward.
When I got the news about my grandma, I had to ask alle the questions you don't want to ask, she was really beating arround the bush, and I almost had to tell her that my grandma was dying 😅
I have met so many doctors throughout the years, I could probably write a book about all of them too 😅
Sorry that you have already had so much experience already. I did read a good book about dealing with the end of life (Being Mortal) and the flaws in current systems. I understand that no doctor wants to have that conversation and it is hard for everyone. Your mom and grandma were lucky to have you advocating for them. It's such a difficult time and families want to do the best for their loved ones. If no one is giving the full facts and reality of the situation, most people are going to choose treatment even if its a the detriment of the patient's quality of life, because they are just trying to do their best.

• Heart
Reactions: 5

oh noo, I am so sorry. I hope you'll feel better tomorrow, sleep always helps. ❤

• Heart
hello Jenson
in other words

hll Jnsn
🥵

I didin't catch up fully with the posts from last days, so sorry if it has been posted but yes, another round of media (and ours) new hobby that is the battle of the baguettes, they pur Esteban and Pierre together for press conf LOOL
with their idol Lewis, who will have the bigger hearts in his eyes

d9024191c750d9233499867e61738af6394dd9a5.jpg

I am starting the Alpine Journal of encounters until the end of the season for Pierre&Estie:
1) Pierre's annoucement, excuse moi, Pierrot's
2) Ballon D'Or
3) Austin press conf...
4).....?

only now I noticed the other press conf group has Carlando
oh F1 choose love&war mood

Last edited:
  • Haha
hello Jenson
in other words

hll Jnsn
🥵

I didin't catch up fully with the posts from last days, so sorry if it has been posted but yes, another round of media (and ours) new hobby that is the battle of the baguettes, they pur Esteban and Pierre together for press conf LOOL

View attachment 1663610

I am starting the Alpine Journal of encounters until the end of the season for Pierre&Estie:
2) Ballon D'Or
3) Austin press conf...
4).....?

Love the Alpine encounters' journal 😂 Now that Esteban has made his first appearance in a Pierre dump, someone will have to figure out how many times Yuki has featured in them & keep tally. At least, Pierre & Esteban can both look at Lewis if they are feeling awkward.

• Haha
Love the Alpine encounters' journal 😂 Now that Esteban has made his first appearance in a Pierre dump, someone will have to figure out how many times Yuki has featured in them & keep tally. At least, Pierre & Esteban can both look at Lewis if they are feeling awkward.
ooh, right, I only now saw Pierre's photo dump, I will add the appearance to the list , in the first chapter in Suzuka 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Thanks @Minttu, us single ladies have to find coping mechanisms after crappy days at the office. I love that your dog is your personal counsellor 😂 Can she give tips to Darwin please? I was trying to cry on him and he just wandered off into another room… CATS! 🙄
We're going to Canada to start up our Groundhog-ambulance tomorrow, she might be able to give him a few tips on on the way over 😂
My old dog was the best at reading emotions, so she was my real therapy-dog 😅
Sorry that you have already had so much experience already. I did read a good book about dealing with the end of life (Being Mortal) and the flaws in current systems. I understand that no doctor wants to have that conversation and it is hard for everyone. Your mom and grandma were lucky to have you advocating for them. It's such a difficult time and families want to do the best for their loved ones. If no one is giving the full facts and reality of the situation, most people are going to choose treatment even if its a the detriment of the patient's quality of life, because they are just trying to do their best.
For me it is what it is, and what happened, happened, for me death and illness has been a part of my life for most of the years I've lived, so it isn't a part of live that is scary to talk about for me.
In most cases here the doctor and the patient are doing the big decisions together, my mom was the one who decided to not go for more radiation or chemo after a while, after having gotten all the information about it from her doctor, and for me, that's how it should be.
With my grandma it was just old age, but the doctor still couldn't just say it. I do feel with everyone having to make those calls, or tell people in person, and I know it's hard on them too, and every person is different, but I'm more of a get to the point and let me process it kind of person.

I'm gonna check out if that book is available for me 😁

And with that, I'm off to work! Hope you all have a great day today ❤

• Heart
hello Jenson
in other words

hll Jnsn
🥵

View attachment 1663610

2) Ballon D'Or
3) Austin press conf...
4).....?

Morning lovely lovely people,

Looking forward to Zak and Hornbag together............particularly after Zak's comments this week on the overspend......

Is it me (and have i missed something) or has it all gone quiet on that front from the FIA?

I also saw something on Twitter about Kelly posting more dubious stuff supporting Bolsanaro. How anyone is surprised at this point, I will never know.

morning darlings! hope you all have the best day (@aidil sending you lots of love) 😘 x

i bring you alex, stealing my branding (suits him but ask permission next time):

also, urgh 😭🤠

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hellooo ladies and Stephen!!

Catching up after a hell of a week, it seems everyone else is in the same boat. Sending you all love and hugs 🤗❤ so glad I’m off tomorrow, I’ll barely get through today.

Happy we had a break last weekend but very ready for content today and and race weekend:cool:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Blonde Alex is SO cute!
I am starting to adore him, seems like a nice guy who gives nice hugs just when you need them :)

Hello everyone, have a nice day😘😀

morning darlings! hope you all have the best day (@aidil sending you lots of love) 😘 x

i bring you alex, stealing my branding (suits him but ask permission next time):

also, urgh 😭🤠

I hope this engine is good, keeping my fingers crossed for Sharl. I was about to wish him winning this week but now I'll have to go with some surprise win. I feel like we (and the season) needs a surprise win from someone. 😅🤣 (but if the Ferrari engines good, of course go Sharl)

• Heart
I have been cringing all week. I was away on holidays with my husband and his friends in Spain. I kept saying to people that "I have never been to Spain before this year and now I have been here twice in one year" (that was fine) but I also mentioned how my brother got married in Ibiza like 7 years ago and how great it was 🙃 🤦‍♀️

Anywho I did realise but not before I had told A LOT of people. Didn't do much to improve the impression of me being a bit of an air head 😞

Not as bad as other people's weeks I know but said I'd share 😅

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.