Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Wickedtown

VIP Member
Wtf lol it's actually quite mad how different her version of a low-key, bleak year is to how I've spent my year.
E0268D3F-8330-4A58-8E09-6C8EB99F55E2.png
2FEEFC2F-B79F-4431-8329-9BC61A580E02.png

like sorry but I'm actually in shock?? I haven't stepped foot back in a pub since March and haven't visited anywhere outside my local area. Yet eves been to Edinburgh, Cornwall, center parcs, Stratford, Cornwall again, Manchester, Edinburgh again, Glasgow, Berlin, Hamburg, Poland and back home again. And we're expected to feel so sorry for her that she's had it a bit rough 🥺💔 Jesus I'd love to see a busy year for her if this is how she gets about during a global pandemic

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

nissigossips

Screenshot_20201231-101631.png

Lol at "journalism Twitter account" and "reporting" 🤣🤣 Mate your not a journalist!

Also "sorry if it upset you :(" is not an apology

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33

wastelandbaby

I don't want to be unsympathetic, but Eve's instagram story about flights from the UK to Spain and Germany being banned is really in poor taste right now, especially after last night's announcement. Millions of people have just been told at incredibly short notice that they won't be able to see their loved ones after being told that they would be able to. Yes, Eve can't go to Spain - it's a shame that she couldn't go through with her plans but I think you'd struggle to find anyone who hasn't been effected and it was naive of her to think that her year abroad would go ahead unhindered in the first place. Most people have not been able to go on their years abroad and she was incredibly lucky to be able to go to Berlin. A friend studying in China last year had to leave only a few months after he'd arrived, right at the beginning of the pandemic, leaving his apartment and most of his posessions behind, not knowing if he'd be able to get them back. I struggle to have empathy with Eve due to how incredibly tone deaf she can be.

Reactions: 32

Spencerskates

VIP Member
This is maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t think anyone is in a position to say if someone else has or doesn’t have an eating disorder. If Eve says she’s had an eating disorder, she has.

1) there are other eating disorders other than anorexia.
2) you can have an eating disorder and still be suffering without being underweight and dying in hospital.

This kind of attitude is why lots of people don’t seek help for eating disorders.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

Dear Reader

When privileged people encounter a system or set of rules that doesn't cater to them for the first time they really cannot cope can they

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I don’t keep up with Eve anymore but it’s quite funny she doesn’t realise how little nobody cares about her year abroad...like I would even understand tweeting about it once, yep that’s shit I’m sorry Eve I know that you’d be looking forward to it. But once is enough you know.
I haven’t seen my family since Dec 2019 now and I haven’t tweeted about it or put how sad I am on social media anywhere (except Tattle lol) because I know people who have lost family and friends due to covid. Ultimately while it is hard for me and yes I’m allowed to be upset - my family will still be there when this is over. Similarly she can go to Spain after the pandemic or after her degree...like Spain will still be there when this is all over you know? People don’t need a constant reminder of her losing her year abroad, because people do have it worse and I’m sorry but if you take a step back in the bigger scheme of things it really doesn’t matter at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Lola123

VIP Member
Eve Bennett #2 thinks she’s too edgy for West Bromwich, she’s actually just a circle

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Pepito

The audacity to say what a shit year she’s had when her pandemic year looks more exciting than a normal year for me 🌝

• Heart

anonsete

I find it so insensitive that she’s spending all her time complaining about having to self isolate or about not being able to do her year abroad when people are literally dying.
My dad died in April, my friend lost both her grandparents in 1 week, my auntie and her husband almost ended up homeless due to being made redundant because of covid. I’ve seen my teachers fall in debt, my friend had a miscarriage due to stress, family members pass away, my friends fall victim to mental health and an nhs system that is failing. All because of covid.
Nobody cares that her year abroad didn’t pan out. She needs to grow the fuck up.

• Sad
  • Heart

wastelandbaby

Is she ..... really complaining about her landlord asking for her to send her flat key back to Germany

"Thats landlords for you"

Oh baby I wish all my landlord asked for was the key back, instead we had to live without heating for two months because our landlord refused to fix the boiler and we were scared wed be evicted in the middle of the pandemic if we called the council to report them
This! I remember her saying that she forgot to hand the key over before leaving Germany, so the issue was her fault? I moved out of my student house in the middle of the first lockdown and we were all asked to post our keys through the door. Of course the landlord wants the key back, it's their property and they probably wouldn't consider returning any deposits until they had the key back.

I'm definitely not pro-landlord, and have also had awful landlords, but this was straight up her doing and I don't know why she was complaining about it.

Reactions: 27

Wickedtown

VIP Member
2679FA3F-841E-4084-AA04-C09A2AF09533.jpeg

Like, as much as people are allowed to have their own specific concerns and worries, if she could kindly shut the fuck up about her year abroad now, that would be great. At first I thought perhaps she had family abroad that couldn't make it to the UK, but silly me, of course her and her fellow ~linguists~ are the priority here. She's been fucking lucky to have been able to get home safely to her family. She's flouted all advice not to travel and has had a great time in Berlin for a whole term and more. Going to Spain in the new year would be reckless and nonessential. I wonder what it would take for her to realise just how lucky she's had it for the past few months?

Reactions: 26

raiment

Oxford have told her she has to go abroad and if not she won’t be allowed to do 4th year basically
yeah my friend does spanish at oxford and the modern languages department literally said be patient and DON’T go anywhere until things are clearer and they are probs gonna suspend the 24-week requirement. She’s only going because she wants to and doesn’t care about the consequences 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26