Eve Bennett - study YouTuber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've watched precisely one of her videos in the last year or two and in that one, she not only told us which street she lives on and which end, she pretty much showed the building.

Reactions: 4
im doing Journalism as a degree in uni, and one of our top tips is that we should have a professional twitter and a personal one. as it can affect our future jobs etc, but i guess for someone like Eve who's an influencer it will not. we were also told to not post our political views on our professional one, we can post political content but with no rude, sly comments and make it all about us, like shes doing. keep it to your personal one for those comments.

Reactions: 9
It’s funny how she’s stopped tweeting about politics really now the elections finished, no mention of UK politics

Reactions: 6
I can’t believe she consistently shows her very distinct street and has now named it in tweets. She could have creepy fans living nearby... silly move.

Reactions: 5
She thinks she might have COVID 😬 and the symptoms she describes really sound like it

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Lool why is she asking her insta followers if she has covid or not when it’s blatantly clear to anyone with a brain that she has it, just take the test like she should have done days ago and wait for the results

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel for her if she has it, but why is she smiling the whole way through talking about it? like at times she's smiling so hard that she's doing that smirk thing when u talk because your smile is trying to come through whilst you talk :ROFLMAO: Why is this seemingly fun/amusing to her?

Reactions: 7
I feel for her if she has it, but why is she smiling the whole way through talking about it? like at times she's smiling so hard that she's doing that smirk thing when u talk because your smile is trying to come through whilst you talk :ROFLMAO: Why is this seemingly fun/amusing to her?
I’d feel for her more if she’d done a better job sticking to restrictions tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 10
“I might have covid, that’s fine”
For some reason that sentence really annoyed me?

Agree her smiling throughout the whole clips was weird but she did mention she feels “high” a lot so maybe that’s why?

Reactions: 9
I don’t usually have an issue with Eve but her story where she’s laughing the whole way through while basically describing her COVID symptoms she thought were just a migraine really annoyed me. It’s not funny, and it’s not fine. This kills people. She acts like it’s a badge of honour and oh silly me I thought it was a ✨migraine✨ and did I mention I’ve been tired for ✨a week✨

Come onnnn 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Why is she laughing about potentially having covid, like it’s not funny in any way. When my flat mate got covid I was hysterically crying because I was so scared that I had caught it. Any why is she asking her followers if she has covid - only a test can tell you that!! And that she had symptoms for a week without thinking it might be covid!!

Edit: did she not once say that she had a bad reaction to cold and flu tablets and she felt “high” maybe that’s why she was smiling so much and she said she had taken aspirin

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
this is going to come across as very mean, but i'm waiting for her future video, or future tweets talking about her experience with covid just like when she said she had an ED because she was counting calories for a few months when EDs are far way from just that :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 6
this is going to come across as very mean, but i'm waiting for her future video, or future tweets talking about her experience with covid just like when she said she had an ED because she was counting calories for a few months when EDs are far way from just that :rolleyes:
It really really annoys me how much she alludes to having had a really serious eating disorder when she was never diagnosed and basically just calorie counted yeh. That's not an eating disorder..... (even if it is disorder eating).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
It really really annoys me how much she alludes to having had a really serious eating disorder when she was never diagnosed and basically just calorie counted yeh. That's not an eating disorder..... (even if it is disorder eating).
Doubly ironic when I knew some of her classmates who were hospitalised with life threatening anorexia.

• Wow
This is maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t think anyone is in a position to say if someone else has or doesn’t have an eating disorder. If Eve says she’s had an eating disorder, she has.

1) there are other eating disorders other than anorexia.
2) you can have an eating disorder and still be suffering without being underweight and dying in hospital.

This kind of attitude is why lots of people don’t seek help for eating disorders.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
This is maybe an unpopular opinion, but I don’t think anyone is in a position to say if someone else has or doesn’t have an eating disorder. If Eve says she’s had an eating disorder, she has.

2) you can have an eating disorder and still be suffering without being underweight and dying in hospital.

This kind of attitude is why lots of people don’t seek help for eating disorders.
She's literally said in videos that she wasn't diagnosed (she just thinks with hindsight she was anorexic), and also in videos she's explained that the reason she thinks she had an eating disorder is because she calorie counted and tried crash dieting. Your comment would be fair if she hadn't talked about it in depth, but she has, so we know she hasn't had an eating disorder.

I would argue that people (like Eve) claiming that trying crash dieting = anorexia has a bigger effect on the general public not understanding eating disorders, and is why so many people just think anorexia is a simple diet.

• Heart

i agree with your two points but if she wasn't diagnosed then no, she can't say she has anything
and to tell her audience despite not having a doctor diagnose her is really irresponsible
and from what she has said, it does seem like shes had body image issues and disordered eating, however, anorexia is so much deeper than calorie counting and dieting

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It would be fine to say she was suffering from disordered eating, but specifically saying 'anorexia' is what people take issue with.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.