Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Why does she make such a big deal about accents? I don’t think your accent changes that quickly, like when she’s at uni for a term it’s only a couple of months. You can have a phone voice but your normal accent doesn’t change depending on where you are. I have quite a strong Yorkshire accent and it doesn’t change when I’m at uni. Maybe if you moved somewhere permanently then accents may change over time. But eve makes it into such a big deal, I don’t understand it.
I haven’t lived in the UK for four years now. I have only returned twice for a holiday. And my family in the UK have commented that my accent is a SLIGHTLY different. A bit more American, but definitely definitely still English. And when I leave again people say I sound more English. But I would never say your accent changes just over a university term?!? When I talk to my family I do somewhat mirror their accent and go back to how I was before. I do sometimes laugh at people who go away on a Gap year to Australia for a year, and come back with an Aussie accent ...